Perkins is finally getting the recognition he deserves

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

Perkins is finally getting the recognition he deserves

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AlESAMNra7pGrUsYwnvgWgC8vLYF?slug=jy-ludden_perkins_gives_thunder_shot_against_lakers_041111

Too bad he's now with another team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Re: Perkins is finally getting the recognition he deserves

are you Rondo? the deal is done, over...Perkins was dealt, accept the facts.. players have to accept the facts as well and just play.. We were winning without Perk...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

LOL

Sorry dude, but even though I think we have a good team right now, I also believe the perkins trade probably wasn't the best thing to do. We will only know once we are eliminated from the playoffs or crowned champions.

This team lost chemistry, a lot of it. Before our only issue with the team was Rondo, now is rondo plus everyone else being inconsistent. Let's hope they can improve once playoffs start, in the meantime I'm happy Perkins is getting the credit he deserved and that not a lot of fans gave him all the time.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Tom Thibodeau said the Perkins and KG were the best defensive combo in the league.

Kobe Bryant says, he thinks Perk is the best low post defender in the league

When Perk was traded the Bulls and Lakers cheered. So did the heat players. Not a good sign. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: Perkins is finally getting the recognition he deserves:
    [QUOTE]are you Rondo? the deal is done, over...Perkins was dealt, accept the facts.. players have to accept the facts as well and just play.. We were winning without Perk...
    Posted by cabutan[/QUOTE]

With Shaq who uhh, seems to have went awol. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

I understand what you guys are saying. What Thibodeau said etc etc..Perkins had his chance to stay. He was looking for $$$ pesos, money.. This was not a decision to affect the C's on purpose. This was a business wise decision.. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Blah, blah, blah! I'm tired of hearing all these comments about Perk being so valuable from other teams. Again where were these comments when we were kicking tail, no one even knew if Perk would come back from such a devastating injury. We were winning without Perk AND Shaq AND JON.

Everyone is trying to put it in the players heads that "without Perk you cannot win" and it's working. Everyone is looking for a reason why the C's aren't playing well. I can tell you why they aren't playing well. The PG can't decide if he wants to be a professional or an enigma.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

[QUOTE]The PG can't decide if he wants to be a professional or an enigma.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Yup..starts with him definitely..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

[QUOTE]LOL Sorry dude, but even though I think we have a good team right now, I also believe the perkins trade probably wasn't the best thing to do. We will only know once we are eliminated from the playoffs or crowned champions. This team lost chemistry, a lot of it. Before our only issue with the team was Rondo, now is rondo plus everyone else being inconsistent. Let's hope they can improve once playoffs start, in the meantime I'm happy Perkins is getting the credit he deserved and that not a lot of fans gave him all the time.
    Posted by celticsfanmx[/QUOTE]

I posted this elsewhere but an appropriate copy & paste here. I agree with you about Perk.  When you win the rebounding battle & dominate the paint, you can compensate for off shooting nights and let's face it, we have depended upon our jump shooting team, laziness, age etc., but when we are off, say goodnight !!! In you first post you included a link about Perk. Below in mine you'll enjoy another.

In addition to  Sox beating Yankees yesterday, I immensely enjoyed the Thunder beating the Lakers.  Don't know which team I hate more, probably Lakers as I live in SF & have to watch them beat our Golden State Warriors & other west coast teams regularly.

With the thrashing by both the Bulls & Heat, I'm now, alas, believing that the losses to average teams too was no fluke. We have become just an average 500 team.  I do not wish as I've been an avid Celtic fan since Cousy/Sharman days to be the Prophet of Doom and a  Monday morning quarterback but I think we should have kept Perkins & gone after # 18 this year. I thought maybe we could do it just with JON but he ain't going to be our savior and the fairy ain't gonna wave her magic wand & turn us into a legitimate contender.  As we were floundering a few months ago, it was said we needed offense.   Barkley said awhile back, given the choice of having domination from a team in its backcourt or under the paint,  he would choose the key/hoop area. In the NCAA final, Butler made 9 threes and the UConns only one for 27-3 or +24 but Connecticut outscored Butler by an unthinkable 26-2 in the paint, + 24. I'm not professing to be Sherlock Holmes here but the difference  for the victory was in rebounds which was 53 UConn to 41. 

Mea Culpa opening old wounds but despite the Lakers' poor offense in Game #7, they won and it was their Offensive rebounds, 23 vs our 8 and Defensive 30 vs our 32 so they totaled 53 to our 40 or 13 more which did us in. Do you not think if we had Perkins for Game 7 we would have had more rebounds ? Their 23-8 or +15 offensive rebounds despite their poor shooting allowed 1-2 extra shots. Kobe, Gasol, Odom, Bynum, Artest, Fisher are not going to miss 2-3 in a row. Wouldn't we like Allen, Pierce & Garnett extra shots ? So, we lost Game #7 last year not only because of disparity in fouls but we were out rebounded and without Perk and only lost by 4 points. If a team can hit 50% outside the paint, there are only 1/2 as many rebounds to worry about. And we shot well in other games in the Laker series. I mean Allen broke the record for 3s in game 2 but in game 7 I think he only shot 3 for 14 or 21%. I mean just 1-2 more baskets & we'd have probably won & with extra rebounds, he'd have had the chance.

One of the reasons given for so many fouls was that we were tired and grabbing. The big 3 won 2 years before but in 2010 they were 2 years older. I'm hoping that 2010 was not their last hurrah. But now they are even one more year older so I would not have traded Perkins. Keep in mind we did not trade him because we acquired JON first & then Shaq. We got them because Perk was injured and recovering.  So, we could have kept ALL THREE !!! Jeff Green fine for the future but with big 3 now 3 years older than when we won, this was the year to go after # 18 with Perkins and we wouldn't have been so desperate worrying about the health of Shaq. Deal with Perk's contract after the title & if he left or we wished him to leave, start our rebuilding program & maybe go after Jeff Green for 2012.  How many more productive years do you think we have from the Big 3 ???

In yesterday's game it was deja vu again, the Heat , a team that was so poor in the paint earlier this season dominated us out-rebounding  the Celtics 42-26. The Celtics' 10 first-half rebounds were a season low for any Miami opponent this season. The Heat had 15 offensive rebounds. Boston had three. The Heat scored 44 points in the paint. Boston scored 26. To me the 6 week old question about how awful or awesome was the trade for Jeff Green that sent Perkins to the Thunder has been answered, having seen it play out since the trade as we are 9 and 11 and they are 12-3.

Read link which substantiated my opinion that we should have kept Perkins. 

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/kendrick-perkins-oklahoma-city-thunder-changing-balance-of-power-in-nba-041011

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

I was torn on the trade. I leaned slightly to Ainge's decision because I felt that it gave Boston more firepower. I was willing to give it a try like most of gave to JR Giddens. My gut feeling told me that you don't mess with a successful chemistry. I believe that Daniels getting injured made Ainge feel that he had no choice. It appears that Ainge was wrong for making this trade. Heck, one can even say that the problems that Boston is going through now were a result of Ainge not resigning Tony Allen or his making a poor decision on draft night by not selecting James Anderson or Damion James both of which resulted on an overreliance on Marquis Daniels. Now Boston has an interior as soft as Gerry Cooney's chin. I am just shaking my head after seeing Perk rough up the Lakers last night.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Perkins was just never that good.  He was a guy to go to war with and that is the only thing that was in his favor.   The problem is maybe Danny did not address the problem in the right way and got players less able to help right away.

Perkins is a help with a multi-talented team that has an abundance of offense. The Thunder fit that description.  We are stuck with mess left behind and it remains to be seen if this is going to be our year.  It does not look like it right now but who knows

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]I was torn on the trade. I leaned slightly to Ainge's decision because I felt that it gave Boston more firepower. I was willing to give it a try like most of gave to JR Giddens. My gut feeling told me that you don't mess with a successful chemistry. I believe that Daniels getting injured made Ainge feel that he had no choice. It appears that Ainge was wrong for making this trade. Heck, one can even say that the problems that Boston is going through now were a result of Ainge not resigning Tony Allen or his making a poor decision on draft night by not selecting James Anderson or Damion James both of which resulted on an overreliance on Marquis Daniels. Now Boston has an interior as soft as Gerry Cooney's chin. I am just shaking my head after seeing Perk rough up the Lakers last night.
    Posted by guyfromtex[/QUOTE]

I never thought that this was a good trade.  You don't trade a starter for backup players.   I have posted about Tony Allen several times.  I always felt the loss of Tony Allen would be huge and I was right.  Although, he left rather abruptly after the season ended and I am not sure that he even gave the Celtics a chance to match his offer.  Danny should have resigned him before he received any other offers from other teams.  The Perk trade would never have happened if Tony Allen was still with the Celtics.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigJoedaddyBoston. Show BigJoedaddyBoston's posts

[QUOTE]Tom Thibodeau said the Perkins and KG were the best defensive combo in the league. Kobe Bryant says, he thinks Perk is the best low post defender in the league When Perk was traded the Bulls and Lakers cheered. So did the heat players. Not a good sign. 
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

Exactly,  I wish DA realized this.  WHat a stupid trade.  We got killed in the paint by the bulls and heat.  We look like a completely different team.  People will say he was not an star.  He played an essential role for this team that we took for granted.  There is no way DA realized how important he was.   To rely on a 39 year old shaq as the first option was foolish. We need both SHAQ and Perk and JO for insurance.  At the beginning of the year we had 4 bigs and we looked strong even with Perk hurt.   I thought man when we get perk back we will be even stronger.   Then Shaq gets hurt and we trade Perk and Erden.   WHat a jerk DA is.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

well, i'm glad it's all but certain that we would have won #18 with perk. i can already hear what the next year is going to sound like: laker fans crowing about getting #17 and celtic fans whining that we would have swept the lakers in 4 if we'd had perk. yada, yada, yada...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Perkins is finally getting the recognition he deserves : I never thought that this was a good trade.  You don't trade a starter for backup players.   I have posted about Tony Allen several times.  I always felt the loss of Tony Allen would be huge and I was right.  Although, he left rather abruptly after the season ended and I am not sure that he even gave the Celtics a chance to match his offer.  Danny should have resigned him before he received any other offers from other teams.  The Perk trade would never have happened if Tony Allen was still with the Celtics.  
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

I agree with you, at the point, the trade does not look good at all, only time will tell. Your right, Danny should have re-signed TA, as he should have given Posey more money. Posey would have been a reliable backup to Pierce. DA decisions and risk taking philosophy is not looking good about now.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from caesarthecat. Show caesarthecat's posts

we also have troy murphy.....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

[QUOTE]The Heat had 15 offensive rebounds. Boston had three. The Heat scored 44 points in the paint. Boston scored 26. To me the 6 week old question about how awful or awesome was the trade for Jeff Green that sent Perkins to the Thunder has been answered, having seen it play out since the trade as we are 9 and 11 and they are 12-3. Read link which substantiated my opinion that we should have kept Perkins.      http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/kendrick-perkins-oklahoma-city-thunder-changing-balance-of-power-in-nba-041011
    Posted by mandobello[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your reply mandobello. I read it previously and I agree. Also, thank you for the link as I hadn't read that one. Indeed, Perk just changed the landscape of the western conference and the Lakers aren't the only team to beat anymore.

I'm still willing to give the benefit of the doubt to this trade though. But so far it really looks like we gave more than we got and plus, we sacrificed team chemistry.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Green-Islander. Show Green-Islander's posts

the trade is done. but the team is not.

we cant do with the people who are not with the team anymore.
    like one posted a while ago, we just have to do with what we got right now.
    a big part of me misses perk patrolling the middle but it's yesterday.

let's wait for the playoffs and hope that doc and the team will have a good run.
    anything can happen, we could get bumped out early but id rather "hope" we get deep again.

go C's!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]well, i'm glad it's all but certain that we would have won #18 with perk. i can already hear what the next year is going to sound like: laker fans crowing about getting #17 and celtic fans whining that we would have swept the lakers in 4 if we'd had perk. yada, yada, yada...
    Posted by kaktug[/QUOTE]
    The Lakers won't make it past OKC. It'll be like watching Frazier(LAL) get knocked around by Foreman(OKC).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

How do you predict Tony Allen leaving? How do you predict Daniels getting a season ending injury?? How do you predict Perk playing the market? Actually, i suspect a lot of these same posters were calling allen a turnover machine, and Perk hands of stone, and Daniels too soft..limited..and so on. Some should play the stock market if you are really that smart...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]How do you predict Tony Allen leaving? How do you predict Daniels getting a season ending injury?? How do you predict Perk playing the market? Actually, i suspect a lot of these same posters were calling allen a turnover machine, and Perk hands of stone, and Daniels too soft..limited..and so on. Some should play the stock market if you are really that smart...
    Posted by Ortiz123[/QUOTE]

I did and made people tons of money...