Perkins looking forward to Free Agency

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Perkins looking forward to Free Agency

In Response to Re: Perkins looking forward to Free Agency:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Perkins looking forward to Free Agency : Pretty shameful analysis of what he brings to the table. He was turning into a very useful 12p 9r 3b a game C 1st half last year and had a poor 2nd half, minor nagging injuries, etc. The finals knee injury prob cost us a ring. But an 18-16 advantage over LA is no big deal I guess. He averages the same # of blocks as he does turnovers. Turns it over less than any of the other starters, granted in less mins, but your attack of his stone hands/traveling violations is meaningless. He was a 9 point, 7.5 rebound 1.5 block guy the past 3 years in 26 mins making 4 million per as a 27th pick. He defends the rim VERY well and is the type of guy all great teams have around to do little important things that negative ignorant babies hiding behind computer screens can't comprehend. The year before the big 3 got here would have been his senior year in college. You can't call him nothing w/o them when he was a project out of HS. He just turned 26. When Robert Parish turned 26 he had yet to be traded here from Golden State. Why don't you lay off the hate and tell me who we should have picked 27th in '03 and from that point who should have been the starting C on the championship season 4 years later and exactly where/how we'd have had the money to do it genius. even with hindsight 20-20 you can't make any claim that Perk at next to nothing $ wasn't and isn't a fine core member of very good club doing many good things. Instead you just want to vomit on a champion with some flaws in his game but who plays a value role in a game devoid of many great big men. Clearly pathetic, clearly ignorant stop bringing knives to gun fights you got nothing useful to say Che, you were owned
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

PUT HIM IN HIS PLACE RAMEAKAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Perkins looking forward to Free Agency : RACIST trash See the above post of mine featuring facts and truth to show how your ignorant drivel rant is a pathetic exageration of a solid useful player and basically 100% wrong And you call yourself a fan of this team with constant disgusting hate aimed on multiple players You are a joke and a scar on this face of this forum

PUT HIM IN HIS PLACE RAMEAKAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    YOU ARE HOT TODAY

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]"Racist trash" all you can say Rame....nothing else. When the truth speaks, all you do is call names.  Stop calling names...  That's it for me.
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]

SEE YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Perkins looking forward to Free Agency : PUT HIM IN HIS PLACE RAMEAKAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE HOT TODAY
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

One -- don't look for someone you can brown nose....that's why you're only one!!
    This forum is "every man for himself" don't f around. Stand by yourself.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I'm shocked at the stance of Perk on this site.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]I'm shocked at the stance of Perk on this site.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

That's because you know very little about Basketball. You even thought Argentina is in Europe.

HAHAHA!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

[QUOTE]I'm shocked at the stance of Perk on this site.

Bias---really? you are shock? Everyone has an opinion...

a personal belief or judgment that is not founded on proof or certainty; "my  opinion differs from yours". It's not shocking when others see Perk going south and others see him goin north. It's only an opinion. You can have yours....at the end we have no say, Ainge will do what's best for the team.
    You don't count. The final judgement is if Perk is the future or he takes the road.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Perkins looking forward to Free Agency : Bias---really? you are shock? Everyone has an opinion...  a personal belief or judgment that is not founded on proof or certainty; "my  opinion differs from yours". It's not shocking when others see Perk going south and others see him goin north. It's only an opinion. You can have yours....at the end we have no say, Ainge will do what's best for the team. You don't count. The final judgement is if Perk is the future or he takes the road.

Good post, this is the same way I feel about BBD. So chill, I'm aware it's an opinion and have no problem with it. Just allow me to have mine about BBD.

As for Perk I'm shocked because the stat that Doc likes is that the starting 5 with Perk hasn't lost a series. That was his first comment after the loss to LA. I have a feeling that Doc needs Perk more than he needs BBD since both are approaching FA.

Have your opinion just don't get your panties in a bunch when I have mine.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Perkins looking forward to Free Agency : Bias---really? you are shock? Everyone has an opinion...  a personal belief or judgment that is not founded on proof or certainty; "my  opinion differs from yours". It's not shocking when others see Perk going south and others see him goin north. It's only an opinion. You can have yours....at the end we have no say, Ainge will do what's best for the team. You don't count. The final judgement is if Perk is the future or he takes the road.

You don't count, Bias. 

HAHAHA!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Perkins looking forward to Free Agency : Good post, this is the same way I feel about BBD. So chill, I'm aware it's an opinion and have no problem with it. Just allow me to have mine about BBD. As for Perk I'm shocked because the stat that Doc likes is that the starting 5 with Perk hasn't lost a series. That was his first comment after the loss to LA. I have a feeling that Doc needs Perk more than he needs BBD since both are approaching FA. Have your opinion just don't get your panties in a bunch when I have mine.

Let's be clear here, is that the same feeling you had when you told us that the Celtics should sign Mikki Moore?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

In Response to www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a734e2bc9-e1bc-49d6-8355-64f9a8500246Discussion%3a920f8540-446c-4174-9915-8fffd33cbd54&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:734e2bc9-e1bc-49d6-8355-64f9a8500246Discussion:920f8540-446c-4174-9915-8fffd33cbd54Post:e925196a-915e-4c17-ade9-a5e5c6ce653e">Re: Perkins looking forward to Free Agency:
    In Response to Re: Perkins looking forward to Free Agency : That team would win 25-30 games. That is a bleak future...
    Posted by jam757

"Sorry you have no judge of talent, that is a VERY good team would win 45-50 every year and lose in the 2nd rd to one of Miami, Chicago or NY w/ Melo

But I don't really see us being able to sign 40 million in players with 10-15 million in space after '12..."

You are right, i was a little harsh. Factoring Love into the equation that team would be competitive but still not championship worthy. Replacing Garnett, Pierce, and Allen will be a HUGE challenge...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Perkins looking forward to Free Agency : RACIST trash See the above post of mine featuring facts and truth to show how your ignorant drivel rant is a pathetic exageration of a solid useful player and basically 100% wrong And you call yourself a fan of this team with constant disgusting hate aimed on multiple players You are a joke and a scar on this face of this forum

Just because you didn't like it, don't mean it's racist. Seems like that word is getting eaiser and eaiser to throw around.  Don't like something, it's racist, don't agree with something someone says, it's racist.  All people like you are doing is making it harder to tell what is racist, and what someone who wants to take the easy way out and call something racist, just because they don't happen to agree with it!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a734e2bc9-e1bc-49d6-8355-64f9a8500246Discussion%3a920f8540-446c-4174-9915-8fffd33cbd54&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:734e2bc9-e1bc-49d6-8355-64f9a8500246Discussion:920f8540-446c-4174-9915-8fffd33cbd54Post:e925196a-915e-4c17-ade9-a5e5c6ce653e " /> Re: Perkins looking forward to Free Agency : In Response to Re: Perkins looking forward to Free Agency : That team would win 25-30 games. That is a bleak future... Posted by jam757 "Sorry you have no judge of talent, that is a VERY good team would win 45-50 every year and lose in the 2nd rd to one of Miami, Chicago or NY w/ Melo But I don't really see us being able to sign 40 million in players with 10-15 million in space after '12..." You are right, i was a little harsh. Factoring Love into the equation that team would be competitive but still not championship worthy. Replacing Garnett, Pierce, and Allen will be a HUGE challenge...
    Posted by jam757[/QUOTE]

That team may not be ready to win a title but that team would have a vet PG and C who have won a title and a All-Star PF. Don't look for us to replace the Big 3 with similar careers. Trying to sign the big FA would be tough and it's probably better to get a solid core together over making the big splash signing. One move isn't going to replace the Big 3.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptChris. Show CaptChris's posts

Judgement of Talent???

Perkins  Ranking among Centers in 2008 - 2009

# 2 in Technicals  --  # 5 in Turnovers  = 165  --  # 7 in Blocks  = 132

That's what he ranks high in  --  Then we have the rest.

# 16 in double/doubles  = 14  --  # 16 in points per game  --  # 17 minutes played  --  # 24 in Assists  --  # 25 Steals 

So he has (1) thing in the Top Ten of Centers  --  Blocks.  Other than that he has back-up Center numbers. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

i think after the big 3 are gone here in boston...the celtics will have to have a few down years and then make trades to get competitive again...

in the nba, you cant rebuild overnight unless you are crazy like a fox like ol riles is!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"I would resign Perk (if healthy) to a cap friendly contract. He fits in well with what Doc needs." 

Agreed. As long as Perk doesn't push the envelope with his salary demands he should be a good signing for us. 

However, we do need to see how he rebounds from his time away. If he is not as phsyical a player he may not be worth resigning given his overall liabilities. Shaq is actually a good backup to Perk because Shaq does score more easily, so that will give the second unit a fresh look and more scoring (Perk starting and Shaq off the bench, with JON mixed in based on matchups). 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

If Jermaine continues with his current improvement he can be a big contributor. The defense has been outstanding. I predict big things off the bench from Jermaine down the line and in the playoffs if he stays healthy. Great to see the news that KG is back practicing!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Perkins looking forward to Free Agency :  Just because you didn't like it, don't mean it's racist. Seems like that word is getting eaiser and eaiser to throw around.  Don't like something, it's racist, don't agree with something someone says, it's racist.  All people like you are doing is making it harder to tell what is racist, and what someone who wants to take the easy way out and call something racist, just because they don't happen to agree with it!!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

immature thug texas drawl needing ebonics class was DUDDER on Perk

that is racist, everyone already knows that Dud's rep is trash on this board, but i was offended

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]Judgement of Talent??? Perkins  Ranking among Centers in 2008 - 2009 # 2 in Technicals  --  # 5 in Turnovers  = 165  --  # 7 in Blocks  = 132 That's what he ranks high in  --  Then we have the rest. # 16 in double/doubles  = 14  --  # 16 in points per game  --  # 17 minutes played  --  # 24 in Assists  --  # 25 Steals  So he has (1) thing in the Top Ten of Centers  --  Blocks.  Other than that he has back-up Center numbers. 
    Posted by CaptChris[/QUOTE]

There are 30 starting centers in the league genius

So he ranks in the top 10 in blocks

middle of the pack in dub-dubs, rebs, points, minutes

lower 10 in steals/assists

and yet nowhere is he outside of the top 30... yet he has 'backup #'s' ha

He's clearly in the 10-20 range of starting Centers in the game, esp when you factor in his defense which just blocks/steals doesn't represent well enough and real C's fans know about from watching him lock down the lane and make it hard to get to the rim the last few years

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Perkins looking forward to Free Agency : Rame---hating is similar to  race card. If the arguiment cannot be supported, its easy to throw hating or race card name. I don't hate Perk, I just don't like his play...period. I think if we dangle him as a trade bait for a young skilled (a college prospect) the celtics will continue the dominance when the big three are gone. Perk is not the center I envisioned to anchor the next generation. He has big value then and we missed the opportunity to move him. Now, his value is so so. The only time he can be effective, if he is going to Miami. Again...he needs a complimentary player to be dominant.  Going to Miami is my only fear. Miami has no money but the value of Perk is affordable for Miami.

Glad to see Dud's terrible post was eliminated by the mod's Che

If you want to lock arms with the despised DUDDER and post misleading negative comments about a young cheap C who gave us solid perfomances in 3 lengthy playoffs runs when there were no better options that is your shameful decision

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Glad to see Dud's terrible post was eliminated by the mod's Che

Who else reported it? Perk?
    Play fair Rame.....stop the brown nose to the mod.
    Just to justify the guy is racist.

Dudder can be an azz in BB aguiments, but Never seen him disrespected anyone.
    Again...his opinion...do u understand that?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

I respect rameakap for speaking truth to racism. What Dudder wrote was unamerican and ugly. It was very awkward reading both CheisChe and kyceltic claiming you are playing the race card when what was deleted was clearly racist. It's tough to believe two separate people would have that same opinion. Like something that defies the law of physics. That the mods deleted Dudder's post says it all. Thankfully you copied it and it's allowed to remain for all to see. Hopefully the mods have noticed the two posters who claim the post in question wasn't racist and review their accounts. If they are banned, they'll just come back anyway. But at least they'd be forced to start anew.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

If he makes it to FA the market will dictate his perceived value.  I think some of the anti-Perk crowd will be surprised at how much interest he gets even coming off an injury. 

Take your Dwight Howard expectations and stow them.  He isn't Dwight.  He's a role player.  But tell me critics, who would cover Howard if/when Perk is gone?  How do you get that guy to Boston and how much will you have to pay him (keeping in mind there is a salary cap and the fact that the new guy won't have Bird rights to take advantage of, unlike Perk)? 

People want an all-star at every position.  Perk is a glue guy who is well liked by his teammates and who is a more than serviceable center. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]If he makes it to FA the market will dictate his perceived value.  I think some of the anti-Perk crowd will be surprised at how much interest he gets even coming off an injury.  Take your Dwight Howard expectations and stow them.  He isn't Dwight.  He's a role player.  But tell me critics, who would cover Howard if/when Perk is gone?  How do you get that guy to Boston and how much will you have to pay him (keeping in mind there is a salary cap and the fact that the new guy won't have Bird rights to take advantage of, unlike Perk)?  People want an all-star at every position.  Perk is a glue guy who is well liked by his teammates and who is a more than serviceable center. 
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn[/QUOTE]

Ahh a nice refreshing well thought out post. Centers are hard to come by and if we lost Perk, Howard would have his way in the East for as long as he's in Orlando.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Glad to see Dud's terrible post was eliminated by the mod's Che Who else reported it? Perk? Play fair Rame.....stop the brown nose to the mod. Just to justify the guy is racist.   Dudder can be an azz in BB aguiments, but Never seen him disrespected anyone. Again...his opinion...do u understand that?

Maybe you should read Dudders post again.