Perkins Lovers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wvuceltic. Show wvuceltic's posts

Perkins Lovers

Since it seems everyone has fallen in love with Perkins on here since the trade, just wondering if you folks saw rookie Demarcus Cousins absolutely destroy Perkins last nite to the tune of 30 points? Perkins finished with 6 points, 3 rebounds, and 5 fouls. Couldn't stop Cousins.

Just amazing to see all the love for Perkins since he was traded when I remember people calling for his head numerous times over the past few seasons. Just looking for a scapegoat.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: Perkins Lovers

In Response to Perkins Lovers:
    [QUOTE]Since it seems everyone has fallen in love with Perkins on here since the trade, just wondering if you folks saw rookie Demarcus Cousins absolutely destroy Perkins last nite to the tune of 30 points? Perkins finished with 6 points, 3 rebounds, and 5 fouls. Couldn't stop Cousins. Just amazing to see all the love for Perkins since he was traded when I remember people calling for his head numerous times over the past few seasons. Just looking for a scapegoat.
    Posted by wvuceltic[/QUOTE]

Nothing wrong with the love Perk is getting from the C fans... whats puzzling is the legendary status hes been elevated to...

Youd think he was a Bill Russell clone the way some people refer to him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

I thought by the title of your thread that you were going to have a list of Perks lovers i.e, Rondo, KG, Fierce, err, I mean Pierce, Lebron's moms, Kobe,Elton John ect.. My bad

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

In Response to Re: Perkins Lovers:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Perkins Lovers : Nothing wrong with the love Perk is getting from the C fans... whats puzzling is the legendary status hes been elevated to... Youd think he was a Bill Russell clone the way some people refer to him.
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

This post is absolutely correct.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

We would never had to trade him if he didn't try to break us cap wise. You forgot about that too.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaPrince77. Show DaPrince77's posts

As usual though, his T-E-A-M won the game, right? Perk was nothing special as a player, but he filled his "role" here very well, no need to put him down, certainly better than Jeff Green and Krstic. It's never been about #'s with Perk anyway. Btw, what's Oklahoma's record since they've gotten Perk, and what is the C's record with the two "CHARMIN-SOFT" players they received.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

Yeah and Perk has a lot to do with that record.  Even though he was hurt and not playing for a while after the trade.  Again....the myth of Kendrick Perkins

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sti328. Show sti328's posts

Perk was never a good player, he was an average center, but what puzzles me the most is that Danny Ainge never thought about team chemistry when he was making the trade. In team sports, some players may not be special or prolific but they are there because they give the team a spark or they just gel very well with the rest of the team. Perk was that type of guy.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

serge ibaka has averaged 4 blocks per game since perkins returned from injury

I wonder why?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaPrince77. Show DaPrince77's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah and Perk has a lot to do with that record.  Even though he was hurt and not playing for a while after the trade.  Again....the myth of Kendrick Perkins
    Posted by OC-CeltsFan[/QUOTE]

Try answering the question, what's their record with PERK IN THEIR LINEUP?? What's the C's record with  "SOFTIES" Green and Krstic?? The truth hurts sometimes.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaPrince77. Show DaPrince77's posts

Kendrick Perkins brought a certain element to their team,’’ Bosh said. “And it’s not there anymore.’’

It's funny how certain posters always like to bring up how few points Kendrick Perkins scored, how his rebounding totals were not that impressive, his bad hands, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH. What Perkins did for the C's didn't show up on a stat sheet, - he intimidated opponents, he set great picks, he was a great pick-and-roll defender, etc., but most most importantly, as Chris Bosh stated, "He brought a certain element - (toughness,cohesiveness,nastiness,intangibles), "And it's not there anymore."

I certainly will take the word of Chris Bosh and a countless number of other opponents who actually "play the game" against the Celtics, over posters on Boston.com.

Btw, the record of the Oklahoma Thunder with Kendrick Perkins "IN THEIR LINEUP" is 13-3, that's EXCELLENT. On the other hand the C's record with the passive Jeff Green and the "confused" Nenad Krstic is 14-11. 

THE TRUTH HURTS SOMETIMES...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

green had 20 and 15 last night in a starting role. when was the last time perk did anything CLOSE to that? and where was it stated that ainge never considered the team's chemistry? were y'all in the room with danny and doc when they decided to do the trade? i'm guessing they talked about everything: chemistry, perk's abilities, what he brought, what he didn't bring, his injury, his unwillingness to re-sign with the team, etc. i'm sure both danny and doc struggled with the decision before making it. and i still like the trade. green is PP's heir at SF. the kid can play. we'll find another perk via free agency in the off-season.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

and i'll add this one last thought: y'all throw the word "soft" around in describing green and krstic. what about how rondo and the big 3 have played since the perk trade? you wanna talk about "soft"? if they're that mentally weak that losing a guy who didn't even play this year ruined their "chemistry", then they need to look in the mirror and ask who's really "soft".

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Kobe Bryant of Perkins:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=jy-ludden_perkins_gives_thunder_shot_against_lakers_041111

“I’ve always said he’s the best low-post defender in the league,” Bryant said.

Enough said.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]Kendrick Perkins brought a certain element to their team,’’ Bosh said. “And it’s not there anymore.’’ It's funny how certain posters always like to bring up how few points Kendrick Perkins scored, how his rebounding totals were not that impressive, his bad hands, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH. What Perkins did for the C's didn't show up on a stat sheet, - he intimidated opponents, he set great picks, he was a great pick-and-roll defender, etc., but most most importantly, as Chris Bosh stated, "He brought a certain element - (toughness,cohesiveness,nastiness,intangibles), "And it's not there anymore." I certainly will take the word of Chris Bosh and a countless number of other opponents who actually "play the game" against the Celtics, over posters on Boston.com. Btw, the record of the Oklahoma Thunder with Kendrick Perkins "IN THEIR LINEUP" is 13-3, that's EXCELLENT. On the other hand the C's record with the passive Jeff Green and the "confused" Nenad Krstic is 14-11.  THE TRUTH HURTS SOMETIMES...
    Posted by DaPrince77[/QUOTE]

Good point and the truth.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaPrince77. Show DaPrince77's posts

[QUOTE]green had 20 and 15 last night in a starting role. when was the last time perk did anything CLOSE to that? and where was it stated that ainge never considered the team's chemistry? were y'all in the room with danny and doc when they decided to do the trade? i'm guessing they talked about everything: chemistry, perk's abilities, what he brought, what he didn't bring, his injury, his unwillingness to re-sign with the team, etc. i'm sure both danny and doc struggled with the decision before making it. and i still like the trade. green is PP's heir at SF. the kid can play. we'll find another perk via free agency in the off-season.
    Posted by kaktug[/QUOTE]

Against the Wizards, BRAVO! 
    What did he do against the Miami Heat, - in a game that actually meant something?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

[QUOTE]Kendrick Perkins brought a certain element to their team,’’ Bosh said. “And it’s not there anymore.’’ It's funny how certain posters always like to bring up how few points Kendrick Perkins scored, how his rebounding totals were not that impressive, his bad hands, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH. What Perkins did for the C's didn't show up on a stat sheet, - he intimidated opponents, he set great picks, he was a great pick-and-roll defender, etc., but most most importantly, as Chris Bosh stated, "He brought a certain element - (toughness,cohesiveness,nastiness,intangibles), "And it's not there anymore." I certainly will take the word of Chris Bosh and a countless number of other opponents who actually "play the game" against the Celtics, over posters on Boston.com. Btw, the record of the Oklahoma Thunder with Kendrick Perkins "IN THEIR LINEUP" is 13-3, that's EXCELLENT. On the other hand the C's record with the passive Jeff Green and the "confused" Nenad Krstic is 14-11.  THE TRUTH HURTS SOMETIMES...
    Posted by DaPrince77[/QUOTE]

You might like to take a look at our starters who have done very little during this period and our perimeter D and three point line D have been awful. That is on your starters. I am not taking the word of a softer than tissue Chris Bosh on anything. Kobe Bryant is just poking the Celtics. He'd better take care of his own business. Funny we beat the Magic 3 times and split with the Lakers without Perkins. How do you explain that one?

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

Trading Erden was the big mistake.-

I couldn't agree more. I don't understand why they traded him. He was solid.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Perkins Lovers:
    [QUOTE]Since it seems everyone has fallen in love with Perkins on here since the trade, just wondering if you folks saw rookie Demarcus Cousins absolutely destroy Perkins last nite to the tune of 30 points? Perkins finished with 6 points, 3 rebounds, and 5 fouls. Couldn't stop Cousins. Just amazing to see all the love for Perkins since he was traded when I remember people calling for his head numerous times over the past few seasons. Just looking for a scapegoat.
    Posted by wvuceltic[/QUOTE]

Who'da thunk it?  Perk will end up with more rings than KG, Ray, Paul, and Rondo.....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Kristic cant set pics for ishh, so this makes the loss of Perkins harder to adjust too, I think it allowed Rondo to get into the paint easier as guys usually stuck to Perk.  I will give you that, as well as his after the whistle elbows that usually got under players skin.  All that being said, Rondo and the rest of the team sprinted out to the best record in 10' without the services of Perk.  So all that he brought was seemingly masqueraded by Shaq, and so if he returns, I think we will not hear of this Perkins guy anymore.  I love Perk to death, but truth is, what he brought should and will be replaced...but last year was a desperate one in terms of offseason help due to inflated contracts of the big 3.  When the dust settles in 2 years, the C's will find their future Center who will ideally be able to score down low and defend.  Whats done is done.  Danny has went on record to say he is confident Shaq will play, so lets relax and hold him to it...if Shaq dont show...lets kill danny then...until then, Relax!