Perkins trade was foolish- Go on record HERE!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Perkins trade was foolish- Go on record HERE!!

I am willing to go on record that it was an FFT (Foolish F'n Trade)

Seems like Danny caved in to a lot of fear and pressure about Perk's contract situation and he's trying to get the fans to buy it that it was a 'basketball' trade.

It was a MONEY trade!

I believe it is going to speed up the post Big 3 era unfortunately!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Re: Perkins trade was foolish- Go on record HERE!!

Perks played 3 games at OK, it's a non-factor!!!
    If Ainge paid the money, the Celtics will be in the same boat... 20 years drought.
    Foolish paying so much to a player with mediocare skills like BUM BLOUNT.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Perkins trade was foolish- Go on record HERE!!:
    [QUOTE]I am willing to go on record that it was an FFT (Foolish F'n Trade) Seems like Danny caved in to a lot of fear and pressure about Perk's contract situation and he's trying to get the fans to buy it that it was a 'basketball' trade. It was a MONEY trade! I believe it is going to speed up the post Big 3 era unfortunately!!
    Posted by DaCeltics[/QUOTE]

Money is all that matters - if Danny let Perk walk after the season and get nothing in return he should be fired, instead he got a player who will be the second unit's center and very tough to stop against backups and a very good young player who happens to be leading the team in scoring lately.

They will also get a draft pick in the 18 to 23 range in two years when they are trying to rebuild.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Perkins trade was foolish- Go on record HERE!!:
    [QUOTE]Fear and pressure?  Perk was a free agent who was going to walk with NOTHING in return.  The Celtics, after signing Rondo and others, were limited in what they could offer Perk.  He got $14 million more by being traded.  Danny went on record as saying that the inability to resign Perk (amongst other things) was a reason for the trade. Given those circumstances the team had to get the best deal they could.  If you want to argue resource allocation (i.e., should they have signed Rondo for less so that more money was available for Perk), then that is a discussion. Other than that I'm not sure what other options the team had.
    Posted by jallen3531[/QUOTE]

I have heard on WEEI and read on this board how Rondo's contract was a bargain and that Danny was a genius for signing to such a small contract......  lmao.......

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

to me Rondo is still the perfect PG for the big 3 era...i would not be shocked if as that era winds down Rondo is dealt for more of a scoring PG or one is drafted.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

All points here are valid.  The Celtics are having trouble because of the injuries before the trade.  The notion that with Shaq at starting center the Celtics can win a championship is the theme that dictates over Perkins and everything previous to this year.  It does not look so certain at the moment but with Shaq back we will find out.

The only fly in the ointment is Rondo.  Nobody expected his came to deteriorate as it has.  With him in this state things may have changed even if Shaq comes back in good shape.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]to me Rondo is still the perfect PG for the big 3 era...i would not be shocked if as that era winds down Rondo is dealt for more of a scoring PG or one is drafted.
    Posted by Red-Doc-Redemption[/QUOTE]

So if they had a point guard that could score / shoot / be an effective weapon / and actually participate in the offense especially when one or more of the BIG 3 are having an off game it would be a bad thing?

It is not a zero sum game - there is not a finite number of shots to go around - a team does not have to only score 97 points per game.

A team could have all five players as integral parts of the offense......

What is the phrase that we hear quite often but most ignore so that they can worship and the Rondo altar - "it seems like there are lots of times when the offense really bogs down and struggles".... why is that - well they have been playing 3 against 5 on offense throughout the BIG 3 era.

It would not "perfect" for the BIG 3 to have someone like Devin Harris who is a very good finisher, good foul shooter, makes 3s, a very good defender, and a good passer......  yeah, what am I saying - that would really s uck...... lmao 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

[QUOTE]All points here are valid.  The Celtics are having trouble because of the injuries before the trade.  The notion that with Shaq at starting center the Celtics can win a championship is the theme that dictates over Perkins and everything previous to this year.  It does not look so certain at the moment but with Shaq back we will find out. The only fly in the ointment is Rondo.  Nobody expected his came to deteriorate as it has.  With him in this state things may have changed even if Shaq comes back in good shape.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

This exactly why most GM's will keep their best player's best friend ON the team!
    Oh, no! Not Danny Ainge!

Yes I believe this is now Rondo's team given his age and talent....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Perkins trade was foolish- Go on record HERE!! : So if they had a point guard that could score / shoot / be an effective weapon / and actually participate in the offense especially when one or more of the BIG 3 are having an off game it would be a bad thing? It is not a zero sum game - there is not a finite number of shots to go around - a team does not have to only score 97 points per game. A team could have all five players as integral parts of the offense...... What is the phrase that we hear quite often but most ignore so that they can worship and the Rondo altar - "it seems like there are lots of times when the offense really bogs down and struggles".... why is that - well they have been playing 3 against 5 on offense throughout the BIG 3 era. It would not "perfect" for the BIG 3 to have someone like Devin Harris who is a very good finisher, good foul shooter, makes 3s, a very good defender, and a good passer......  yeah, what am I saying - that would really s uck...... lmao 
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

TheDUDDER or TheHATER?
    Wow!
    Prefering Harris to Rondo takes the hate to an all new level.
    Your hate is blinding you.
    I hope you know more about basketball than that!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

I will go on record and say.   Shaq or Jermaine was always the key to how far this team could go in the playoffs.
    They needed a guy to give Paul and Ray some rest enter Green. 

Perkins would only have played like 20 minutes a game anyways.
    They had no reliable bench player,if Ray or Paul got into foul trouble,and now they do.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

[QUOTE]I will go on record and say.   Shaq or Jermaine was always the key to how far this team could go in the playoffs. They needed a guy to give Paul and Ray some rest enter Green.    Perkins would only have played like 20 minutes a game anyways. They had no reliable bench player,if Ray or Paul got into foul trouble,and now they do.
    Posted by notrade[/QUOTE]

I disagree in that Doc shortens his lineup to 9 inthe playoffs and the 4 subs are JO, West, Davis and Shaq WITHOUT trading Perk!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Was good trade for Celtics. 

Somehow people have built Perk up into the second coming of Wilt Chamberlain.. News Bulletin!!!  Perk is a below average NBA center.

He doesnt score, rebound, box out, assist, block shots, steal, set legal picks, hit FTs or much else.. he does play respectable team defense and good 1on1 defense on DH.  Stop with this pipe dream of Perk being so good.

Kristic & Green were a steal for Perk.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

[QUOTE]It was a great trade. Krstic, Green, and a first round pick. Should not have traded Erden, however. That was a bad trade. When Shaq comes back, everyone will be happier.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Semih needed some work on the boards but offensively in the paint, he was a better finisher than Kristic ( more hops)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Perkins trade was foolish- Go on record HERE!! : This exactly why most GM's will keep their best player's best friend ON the team! Oh, no! Not Danny Ainge! Yes I believe this is now Rondo's team given his age and talent....

this is precious.  how many times do you hear "it's just a business" when people like amare, lebron and 90% of the league switches teams every three years.

you don't keep a stone handed clod of a center around who is worth something in the league because the 5 position has fallen down the toilet in the last 15 years and let him walk for free.

and you don't keep him to let him walk for free because he's best buds with rondo either.

WHAT WORKPLACE ON THE PLANET HAS WHO STAYS AROUND BASED ON GOOD FRIENDSHIPS?

nowhere.

it's time for babyface sadboy rondo to get over this.  he can still be friends with perkins in the off season.  this is a job, there is STILL such a thing as professionalism and he owes it to this team to show up and try hard, which is exactly what he stopped doing since the perkins trade.

is it me or are we looking more and more like a sn@tty rod strickland clone with this rondo.  maybe a little bit more pleasant but lately has been just as focused on himself and "screwe the team" just like rod did for 15 years in the league.  only rod had a more well rounded game.

if this is how rondo wants to be, he short circuits himself on offensive ability when he sits around and pouts, then he'll be out of the league after his current contract is up.  nobody wants a 30% shooting grouch who might get you 8 dimes a night while largely killing all offensive flow for your team.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]It was a great trade. Krstic, Green, and a first round pick. Should not have traded Erden, however. That was a bad trade. When Shaq comes back, everyone will be happier.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

this appears to have been a horrible unprovoked give away to the cavs.

maybe they knew something about semi's shoulder that we didn't.  i hope they did.  because the likelihood of jermaine doing jack squat goes down 7% a day.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Perkins trade was foolish- Go on record HERE!! : TheDUDDER or TheHATER? Wow! Prefering Harris to Rondo takes the hate to an all new level. Your hate is blinding you. I hope you know more about basketball than that!

Remind me again who the starting all-star point guard for the east was before Rondo?

Also, Harris is just one example.......

And as I said in another post, I don't hate Rondo what I think is funny and foolish is that there are people that cannot fathom that a more complete player would somehow not make the Cs better or at least no worse.

Let's face it if Rondo was playing in Washington everyone on this board would laugh at him because he would be averaging 6 assists and still be the worst shooter in the league.

Conversely if Harris were the starter for the Cs, the offense would never be sluggish and struggle, etc. because the point guard would be an option after the ball is out of his hands and he would not doing a p ee p ee in his diaper for fear of having to go to the free throw line, etc.

Who hit the game winning 3 for the Magic last night?  Hint: a point guard.  Has Rondo ever made a game winning shot? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Devin Harris is garbage. Easily one of the most injury prone soft point guards in the league. He's never played a full season EVER. 69 games was the most and overall and average of like 50 games when he was getting real minutes.
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]

Really bad garbage - you know for an all-star.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Was good trade for Celtics.  Somehow people have built Perk up into the second coming of Wilt Chamberlain.. News Bulletin!!!  Perk is a below average NBA center. He doesnt score, rebound, box out, assist, block shots, steal, set legal picks, hit FTs or much else.. he does play respectable team defense and good 1on1 defense on DH.  Stop with this pipe dream of Perk being so good. Kristic & Green were a steal for Perk.
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

Let's remember Perk came straight out of high school and had he gone to college he would only be in his third year as a sophomore.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Somehow, whatever the subject the thread shifts to Rondo LOL

Back on topic... the points we get from Kristic & Green coupled with the boards from Kristic dwarf the defensive (whatever u want to call it) of Perk.

Our offense should  be even more efficient & productive except our PG has shut down. Maybe hes teaching Doc & DA a lesson... or just maybe hes slipped a notch which may be enough to make him a well below average PG in the NBA... just like hes playing now

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Somehow, whatever the subject the thread shifts to Rondo LOL Back on topic... the points we get from Kristic & Green coupled with the boards from Kristic dwarf the defensive (whatever u want to call it) of Perk. Our offense should  be even more efficient & productive except our PG has shut down. Maybe hes teaching Doc & DA a lesson... or just maybe hes slipped a notch which may be enough to make him a well below average PG in the NBA... just like hes playing now

He needs a time out - I think Doc should sit him for the next 5 games.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Agreed, I did not like that trade at all, I liked Erden and his energy on the court.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Perkins trade was foolish- Go on record HERE!! : He needs a time out - I think Doc should sit him for the next 5 games.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

Before Doc sits Rondo,he'll have to ask him "May I?" first.

Since nobody on the C's can explain Rondos dismal play other than hes not playing well (except KG with his made up "hes hurting"), what should Doc do??

Seems to me Doc has done nothing. The more Rondo plays terrible, Doc allows if to continue. Id have to guess theres a reason to this madness... maybe we'll learn what it is when Doc publishes his memoirs in about 20 years

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Perkins trade was foolish- Go on record HERE!! : Before Doc sits Rondo,he'll have to ask him "May I?" first. Since nobody on the C's can explain Rondos dismal play other than hes not playing well (except KG with his made up "hes hurting"), what should Doc do?? Seems to me Doc has done nothing. The more Rondo plays terrible, Doc allows if to continue. Id have to guess theres a reason to this madness... maybe we'll learn what it is when Doc publishes his memoirs in about 20 years

I think the plantar fasciitis is a factor but I think Rondo needs a timeout - I am trying to think of a time when a player, at least on the surface of things, was blatantly and purposefully being a crybaby and costing his team.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

[QUOTE]Was good trade for Celtics.  Somehow people have built Perk up into the second coming of Wilt Chamberlain.. News Bulletin!!!  Perk is a below average NBA center. He doesnt score, rebound, box out, assist, block shots, steal, set legal picks, hit FTs or much else.. he does play respectable team defense and good 1on1 defense on DH.  Stop with this pipe dream of Perk being so good. Kristic & Green were a steal for Perk.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Perk's abilities may not have been truly seen as a member of the Celtics because he was playing with the Big three. He is the kind of guy that works in the back end and does the dirty work to complement the team. This is why I can see him as a perfect for the Thunder. I feel better that he was traded to a team that is also a championship contender.