PERK's Debut

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Re: PERK's Debut

In Response to Re: PERK's Debut:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: PERK's Debut : The Celts also won with defense tonight. Only allowed the Pacers to score 80 points and the last 4 Pacer points was because of Avery Bradley's mistakes. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Yea, the Spacers are a real offensive threat what with their winning record......oops thats right they have a losing record but are still playoof bound in the Leastern conference.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Time to move on. How often are we going to wish Perk "Best of Luck".

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from atomic. Show atomic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PERK's Debut : Yea, the Spacers are a real offensive threat what with their winning record......oops thats right they have a losing record but are still playoof bound in the Leastern conference.
    Posted by Laker-Nation32[/QUOTE]

i say this to most bandwagon riders on this board, so don't get offended. you must have a real rich life to be a laker fan and take the time to sift through the celtic boards looking for something clever to say. really wish i lacked the life and had the wit to troll the l.a. times forum...you sir, are truly blessed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

It was great to see Miami lose last night.  Perk is definitely a great addition to the Thunder and they will only continue to improve with him. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]It was great to see Miami lose last night.  Perk is definitely a great addition to the Thunder and they will only continue to improve with him. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

Subject to debate.

Adding Perk to the Thunder can help them but at what cost?  Giving away Kristic & Green to get him.

May just be a good fit for both teams in that the Thunder have plenty of offensve firepower without Kristic & Green.... so they could sacrifice them for defensive help

Celts, on the other hand, have a great defense without Perk (top 2-3 defensive team all season without him) and added real firepower at the 5 and more firepower with Green as well as rest for PP.

Could be a trade that really does benefit both sides... but I really think we got the best of it

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

[QUOTE]18 mins. 4 pts. and 5 rebs. against Miami.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Krstic in 25 minutes 11 and 7. I know your no knocking anyone but what do people want from this guy? Green just proved again last night why we got the better end of this deal!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nick_weston. Show nick_weston's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PERK's Debut : And they played a team tonight with 40 something wins.  You will see a much more pysical team in the Thunder now and it will be because of Perk.  Even his teammates have commented on it.  Its not all measured by stats.  sometimes dud you have to watch the games to actually sees what is happening.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]
    I watched the game against Miami, he was non-factor in that win

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PERK's Debut : I watched the game against Miami, he was non-factor in that win
    Posted by nick_weston[/QUOTE]

Perk did get posterized when Heat guard DWade sailed over him to jam it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

My take was that we waved the white flag when we traded Perk.  I was wrong.  Krstic has been a major positive surprise to me and Green is off the charts.  Now when I look at the trade I see us putting on the gloves. 

Will Shaq and JO return? Yes, and in better condition. I see 10 hard fouls off the bench from those two every game during the playoffs.   

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Guys....

It is not about the stats, it is about winnnnnnnning.

This is a transition time for the Celtics so it is impossible to judge the final effects of the trade. We were expected to win the finals this year before the trade, now with the trade, we will now have to wait and see how we stack up.

Offense comes and goes, especially at crunch time. Defense can be brought every night especially at crunch time. Krystic weighs less than our power forward, so it remains to be seen how he will play against Bynum.

I hope it works, I just do not know it it will.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Guys.... It is not about the stats, it is about winnnnnnnning. This is a transition time for the Celtics so it is impossible to judge the final effects of the trade. We were expected to win the finals this year before the trade, now with the trade, we will now have to wait and see how we stack up. Offense comes and goes, especially at crunch time. Defense can be brought every night especially at crunch time. Krystic weighs less than our power forward, so it remains to be seen how he will play against Bynum. I hope it works, I just do not know it it will.
    Posted by Jump-ball-overtime[/QUOTE]

Not true. Before the season started most of the people from ESPN and NBA TV predicted another Laker 3-peat at the expense of the Celtics.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

It's also not true that it will be Perk versus Bynum in the Finals if the Celts didn't trade Perk. This season Glen Davis is the Center when it's down to the last 5 minutes of the game. The 2 games between the Lakers and the Celts this season is proof of that. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

[QUOTE]Guys.... It is not about the stats, it is about winnnnnnnning. This is a transition time for the Celtics so it is impossible to judge the final effects of the trade. We were expected to win the finals this year before the trade, now with the trade, we will now have to wait and see how we stack up. Offense comes and goes, especially at crunch time. Defense can be brought every night especially at crunch time. Krystic weighs less than our power forward, so it remains to be seen how he will play against Bynum. I hope it works, I just do not know it it will.
    Posted by Jump-ball-overtime[/QUOTE]

Expected to win the finals before the trade? Really? Perkins hadn't played but 7 games all year, won without him, added a high qualilty player in Green and now we are in a panic going 7-3 since the trade? This is not about losing Perk it's about getting down time for Ray and Paul. They accomplished that with Green with aplomb. Kristc's numbers have been better than expected wouldn't you say? I would just say it wasn't our defense that lost us game 7, it was zero offense down the end. You can spin it anyway you want. We will be in a much better place starting the playoffs this year than last.....that is with depth and possible home court advantage. I love the deal and still like our chances.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PERK's Debut : It is not the numbers with Perk; I noticed the team defense and the intensity that he brings; the middle was clogged for most of the game and really if OKC was more efficient on offense the game would have been man-handled. 
    Posted by ShepherdCall[/QUOTE]

According to Doc Perk is a great individual defender. When it comes to team defense and intensity you're talking about KG, not Perk. 

OKC doesn't have a KG so they settled for the next best thing, Kendrick Perkins!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

Perk is still helping us with his work last night against the Heat. Thanks, Perk!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]Point is there's probably a post under every topic on this board that says IF/WHEN the Oneal's get healthy ..... so we're just sitting and waiting and who knows how good/bad they will be if/when they ever get back.
    Posted by KGLove[/QUOTE]
    You know what? I don't think it will happen, honestly. One ot hem or maybe both will play some during the playoffs, but I can't see either of them contributing on a consistent basis.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Perk got posterized because a Heat player shoved him in the back!

Perk is playing great and he's not 100%.

Good trade for both teams, but one I would not have made!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

I'd take 4 and 5 from Perk rather than 0 and 0 from the Oneal's

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PERK's Debut : It is not the numbers with Perk; I noticed the team defense and the intensity that he brings; the middle was clogged for most of the game and really if OKC was more efficient on offense the game would have been man-handled. 
    Posted by ShepherdCall[/QUOTE]
    How many minutes did Perk play in that game?
    And he played against the tremendous .... ähh ... forgot his name ;-)
    Honestly, Perk is a nice guy to have in your team, but he wasn`t the reason the thunder won that match.