Petition: To DA & Celtic Mgmnt.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Petition: To DA & Celtic Mgmnt.

The people have spoken.  We want Shaq.  At least 82% of us do, according to a recent poll on these very pages, and that's an overwhelming majority!

So, Danny Ainge, get er done!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Re: Petiton: To DA & Celtic Mgmnt.

Fortunately, these decisions are not made by referendum but by those who are much closer to the game (and reality).  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Consider what is left on the board, Shack may be out best option, but If you think Shack, Oneal, and Perkings can exist together, it would be a stretch of the imagination.  Shack, to be effective at his age and abilities, should play on a team that can shoot the ball well from outside, I don't know that we have shown that , as much, lately.  Still when it gets physicall in big games, he could be valuable, if he wanted to.  What is his motivation?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

I think the Celtics want Shaq, at their price.  It's Shaq who is making the demands about salary and playing time.  I read on ESPN yesterday that Kwame Brown........KWAME BROWN wont' play for the vet min, imagine how a future HOF'er feels.  They want him to agree to limited mins, at vet min.

Shaq is trying to work out a deal for a S & T with CLE.  ( that is their call, and they don't want to right now!)

So, who do we trade?  Sheeds' ghost, or Scal?  Why would CLE help us?  And so the saga continues.  I think this gets done eventually, but it will take a little while.  AND, I say start the Big Lug!!  JON would be a great 6th man, as he can play 2 positions!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I question the poll you did.  I don't want Shaq and I think the negatives about his coming here with this particular roster are obvious.  Shaq will not be happy here and the chemistry of this team will make his stay a short one if he comes.  Think distraction, not enough playing time, and ineffectiveness.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

In Response to Petiton: To DA & Celtic Mgmnt.:
    [QUOTE]The people have spoken.  We want Shaq.  At least 82% of us do, according to a recent poll on these very pages, and that's an overwhelming majority! So, Danny Ainge, get er done!
    Posted by RajonRondowski[/QUOTE]

Absolutely not!!  Count me among the 18%.

BTW RR....  when did you learn to type in English?  Nice to see you have a brain after all.  Most of your posts in that gibberish pig latin speak are useless.  Time to growup.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

In Response to Re: Petiton: To DA & Celtic Mgmnt.:
    [QUOTE]I question the poll you did.  I don't want Shaq and I think the negatives about his coming here with this particular roster are obvious.  Shaq will not be happy here and the chemistry of this team will make his stay a short one if he comes.  Think distraction, not enough playing time, and ineffectiveness.  
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

So, let's put Concord guy down as in favor of Kwame Brown!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Re: Petition: To DA & Celtic Mgmnt.

There are a couple of other posts about Shaq & should we try & get him. I was in favor of it and continue to be so.

A few negatives were that he's too old, not in shape, won't have the chemistry to fit in etc. Regarding being too old, he's not going to be required to play more minutes than our Big 3, the other older guys but regarding being in shape, I've read he's shed some pounds & looks like he's been on a very good training regiment. That, to me, shows some motivation he wants to play some more & play well & win a title. But what I really like and the Post was titled "Shaq wants to wear Green" and wanting to play with us is a big factor in how he'll perform.

I was happy we beat the Cavs but if not I would love to have had them beat the Lakers & their MVP, Kobe. Regarding him fitting in with our guys, I remind you that he and Kobe were never good friends and wouldn't even shake hands sometimes after victories yet they won 3 titles together from 2000-2002. Shaq was MVP in all 3 and I'm sure Kobe was not pleased as he'd probably have passed Michael Jordan by now if he'd won 1-2 of them. Kobe, too, was influential in Shaq leaving the Lakers in an almost he go or I go ultimatum. Shaq went on and won another title with Miami. Kobe in an interview after this recent game 7 when asked about Shaq, said that he(Kobe) had one one ring that he had.

Soooo, I'd love and I bet Shaq would too to face the Lakers & Kobe in the finals next year as a Celtic & win another Ring & keep Kobe from one tying MJ & also not winning another MVP. He'd probably too like beating his old teammate, LeBron, in the Eastern playoffs with Miami.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

So Kwame Brown won't play for the NBA minimum. That's about a million dollars per season + what he will earn during the playoffs. I think this young man should get a taste of the world beyond professional sports.
       Secondly, he's not worth more than the NBA minimum. Maybe somebody needs to tell him he's been the biggest #1 pick flop in NBA history. In other words, Kwame needs to belly up to the bar of reality.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

I'm gonna repeat myself but not ad infinitum.  (from another thread)

I disagree with the idea of starting Shaq for the following reasons:  I think with Shaq we will more than likely be in a half-court offense, and I think this team plays best when attacking on the break or even pushing the ball up after a made basket.  The 1st unit must be very aggressive in pushing the ball down the other teams throat and attacking the basket and if nothing is there kicking it out to Ray or Paul for a three.

I see Shag coming in with the 2nd unit with the idea of playing half-court ball, giving the first unit a blow, and pounding the ball down low to Baby and Shaq and using the slashing of Q and the 3 pt range of Nate.

Could be a thing of beauty.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]I'm gonna repeat myself but not ad infinitum.  (from another thread) I disagree with the idea of starting Shaq for the following reasons:  I think with Shaq we will more than likely be in a half-court offense, and I think this team plays best when attacking on the break or even pushing the ball up after a made basket.  The 1st unit must be very aggressive in pushing the ball down the other teams throat and attacking the basket and if nothing is there kicking it out to Ray or Paul for a three. I see Shag coming in with the 2nd unit with the idea of playing half-court ball, giving the first unit a blow, and pounding the ball down low to Baby and Shaq and using the slashing of Q and the 3 pt range of Nate. Could be a thing of beauty.

No one runs on the first unit except Rondo.  The second unit of Nate, Wafer, Quis and Baby can run.  Add Jermaine to that mix, and it is very good, IMO. Baby is too short to operate down low, but he does bring energy, hustle and a good medium range game to the table.  I say start Shaq and bring Jermaine in as 6th man!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Petiton: To DA & Celtic Mgmnt. : No one runs on the first unit except Rondo.  The second unit of Nate, Wafer, Quis and Baby can run.  Add Jermaine to that mix, and it is very good, IMO. Baby is too short to operate down low, but he does bring energy, hustle and a good medium range game to the table.  I say start Shaq and bring Jermaine in as 6th man!
    Posted by BirdandCowens[/QUOTE]

Because of the change of culture and the rehabbed ankle and the coaching Doc, I think JO will surprise a lot of people. Remember all the close misses by Perk cause he's got bricks for hands and his touch sometimes deserts.  JO can catch those passes by Rondo and it could lead to an additional 10 points per game.

And I think the ability of a team to go from a fast paced running offense to a brutally physical half-court game that takes a toll on opponents and can put the ball in the basket and get 2nd chances will add a new twist to this team.

But I guess we should really wait to see if we get the Shaq.  But what fun is that. 

I think he can really help us, and the change of culture will help him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Petiton: To DA & Celtic Mgmnt. : Because of the change of culture and the rehabbed ankle and the coaching Doc, I think JO will surprise a lot of people. Remember all the close misses by Perk cause he's got bricks for hands and his touch sometimes deserts.  JO can catch those passes by Rondo and it could lead to an additional 10 points per game. And I think the ability of a team to go from a fast paced running offense to a brutally physical half-court game that takes a toll on opponents and can put the ball in the basket and get 2nd chances will add a new twist to this team. But I guess we should really wait to see if we get the Shaq.  But what fun is that.  I think he can really help us, and the change of culture will help him.

Offensively, Jermaine is an upgrade over Perk.  And he would start..........unless we get Shaq.  The man has never come off the bench is his life, and I can't see him doing it willingly.  Jermaine is the ideal 6th man, because he can play 2 positions.  I think Jermaine gets more minutes than Shaq AND KG.  Bottom line, it would be a nice problem to have, and I hope Doc has to make this call!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

[QUOTE]I'm gonna repeat myself but not ad infinitum.  (from another thread) I disagree with the idea of starting Shaq for the following reasons:  I think with Shaq we will more than likely be in a half-court offense, and I think this team plays best when attacking on the break or even pushing the ball up after a made basket.  The 1st unit must be very aggressive in pushing the ball down the other teams throat and attacking the basket and if nothing is there kicking it out to Ray or Paul for a three. I see Shag coming in with the 2nd unit with the idea of playing half-court ball, giving the first unit a blow, and pounding the ball down low to Baby and Shaq and using the slashing of Q and the 3 pt range of Nate. Could be a thing of beauty.

-------------------------------------------------------
     SKI, I made a similar comment about losing our ability to attack on the fast break when Shaq's in; however, see below.
    This is from another one of my posts:
    He's big & strong and good too for using up 6 fouls when some  muscle is needed in the paint.

It is a known fact for years he is not a good foul shooter. But what really would concern me is due to his age, on both fast breaks, when we have the ball & perhaps he even gave us the rebound, we need think about scoring with 4 men as he will not be down the court too quickly. Also, when the opponents fast break & attempt to score quickly, Shaq will probably not be down the court to defend. On the other hand, younger Perkins was not the fastest either getting down the court. But with Shaq and Perkins & the other O'Neal, I believe we will not be out rebounded too often.. If Sheed stays, that's fine too but we all know he enjoys being out of the paint & showboating his 3 point shots too. I FEEL THAT AFTER SHAQ, OUR REAL NEED IS ANOTHER OUTSIDE FAIRLY COMPETENT 3 POINT SHOOTER AFTER ALLEN & PIERCE.  Maybe Nate playing more often will be the guy !

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

So, who do we trade?  Sheeds' ghost, or Scal?  Why would CLE help us?

Cuz Cleveland doesn't want LBJ to succeed in Miami and why not help Shaq hook up with another team since he came to help them ... even if all they get is cap relief? That's better than a poke in the eye as they get nothing if he were to sign as a FA.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]So, who do we trade?  Sheeds' ghost, or Scal?  Why would CLE help us? Cuz Cleveland doesn't want LBJ to succeed in Miami and why not help Shaq hook up with another team since he came to help them ... even if all they get is cap relief? That's better than a poke in the eye as they get nothing if he were to sign as a FA.
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

Latest on hoopshype is that CLE wants to sign Shaq and hold him "hostage" until some other team needs him later in the year.  Again, why would they help us?  They should sign him for about 7 mill, saving 13, then they would have to get 7 mill in assets back from another team that wants Shaq.  Why would they help us again?  Why not just KEEP him, like Portland will prob do with Fernandez?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

I say go get Shaq

Would prefer to see him come off the bench , just so we could get off to a faster paced start. Shaq would be good for 20-25 minutes MAX.

If he were to start, would prefer to see him play most of his minutes in the first half & 3rd quarter....then roll with Jermaine and Big Baby in the 4th when every free throw counts........remember how Doc is always saying that many games are won in the first quarter or first half.....Shaq is not a stiff and was in good shape last year and with PHX the year before. I say use Shaq in the first half to set the tone and get the opponents bigs in foul trouble

Shaq will want to punish Miami, Orlando and the Lakers....and if the Suns make it to the finals he would be extra pumped up for them too....

We need rebounding and a low post presence , both Jermaine and Shaq have good hands and I can see Rondo making them both look real good

No brainer

Bring Shaq in, Cleveland will do a sign and trade just to get something, perhaps this is what Von Wafer and/or Marquis are for ? Sign Scal to a minimum and throw in Oliver Lafayette or Gaffney and Shaq could have a nice $4-5M contract.....

I think Rasheeds money should get us another younger core player, not a one year rent a wreck.......maybe Danny will hold Rasheed's contract until the deadline ?

I love the idea of Shaq coming to Boston, how could he not get along with the Big 3 ? Also I think Rondo's pass first attitude would be an incentive for Shaq....can't you just see Rondo setting up Shaq on pick& roll or alley ooooops five or six times a game ? Shaq would love it here........go get him !!!!

PS: second best World Series of all time: 2001 AZ vs NYY after 9/11

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

-

A big "Thank You" to Danny Ainge and Celtic Management.

Da peoples spoke and deys listened up.

Powah to da peops.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In Response to Petiton: To DA & Celtic Mgmnt.:
    [QUOTE]The people have spoken.  We want Shaq.  At least 82% of us do, according to a recent poll on these very pages, and that's an overwhelming majority! So, Danny Ainge, get er done!

Little bit of a straw poll, eh no?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jm02130. Show jm02130's posts

Is a "petiton" used in mountain climbing?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Re: Petition: To DA & Celtic Mgmnt.

Get 'er done, Danny!!!