Phil Says to Stop passing to Ball Hog kobe

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayallen1. Show rayallen1's posts

Phil Says to Stop passing to Ball Hog kobe

Hey y'all, I just came across this and thought that it was quite interesting...check out what Phil said after the lakers loss to the Griz, this is after kobe took 30+shots.

This is from the LA Times:

"Jackson was already worried going into the game, saying the Lakers were playing a lot of "individual basketball" and "trying to do it on their own."
    ...Mmmm, wonder who Phil is talking about?

Phil Jackson(talking about kobe): "I always say if you feed him the ball, then you're responsible for a lot of what's going on."

Haha, even his own coach thinks he is a ball hog, and is advising the team to stop passing kobe the ball.  lol.

Check out what Gasol says:

Paul Gasol: "We do have to understand we need to continue to play the system and move the ball well. It didn't quite happen the way it was supposed to tonight."         
    .......Mmmmh, I wonder who Gasol is talking about?  LOL.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Re: Phil Says to Stop passing to Ball Hog kobe

I said it yesterday? Or was it the day before? Anyhow, Kobe needs to start to take a lot less shots. Needs to learn to take better shots, because he's playing less minutes this season he seems to have the need to put up more shots.

Looking at a guy like Pierce. Last season was his lowest scoring season apart from his rookie year. But his field goal average improved as did his 3 point shooting and three throw percentage. That's the kind of thing Bryant should be aiming for.

I'm actually amazed that this season Pierce is shooting at a career best average from the field, just learning to take better shots I guess.

As I said above, Bryant needs to learn to do the same. Just because he's not getting so many minutes, doesn't mean he should try to emulate his scoring feats from when he was younger. There's other guys playing for us who can carry the offensive load.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

In Response to Re: Phil Says to Stop passing to Ball Hog kobe:
    [QUOTE]I said it yesterday? Or was it the day before? Anyhow, Kobe needs to start to take a lot less shots. Needs to learn to take better shots, because he's playing less minutes this season he seems to have the need to put up more shots. Looking at a guy like Pierce. Last season was his lowest scoring season apart from his rookie year. But his field goal average improved as did his 3 point shooting and three throw percentage. That's the kind of thing Bryant should be aiming for. I'm actually amazed that this season Pierce is shooting at a career best average from the field, just learning to take better shots I guess. As I said above, Bryant needs to learn to do the same. Just because he's not getting so many minutes, doesn't mean he should try to emulate his scoring feats from when he was younger. There's other guys playing for us who can carry the offensive load.
    Posted by RUWorthy[/QUOTE]

A lot of that is Rondo hitting him with very good passes. A good PG makes a huge difference.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]I said it yesterday? Or was it the day before? Anyhow, Kobe needs to start to take a lot less shots. Needs to learn to take better shots, because he's playing less minutes this season he seems to have the need to put up more shots. Looking at a guy like Pierce. Last season was his lowest scoring season apart from his rookie year. But his field goal average improved as did his 3 point shooting and three throw percentage. That's the kind of thing Bryant should be aiming for. I'm actually amazed that this season Pierce is shooting at a career best average from the field, just learning to take better shots I guess. As I said above, Bryant needs to learn to do the same. Just because he's not getting so many minutes, doesn't mean he should try to emulate his scoring feats from when he was younger. There's other guys playing for us who can carry the offensive load.
    Posted by RUWorthy[/QUOTE]

Paul Pierce is just a wonderful player.  He is not spectacular.  But he is so effective.  It is the sign of a great player when he can adapt his game and be effective based upon the team needs.  That was what made Larry Bird and Magic Johnson special.  I saw a lot of Michael Jordon and he was great.  But he won when the Bulls were able to collect the right set of complimentary pieces around him.

Kobe and LeBron have just not discovered the humility that makes these players great.  Bird and Magic were most competitive individuals and true leaders.  But they also respected and supported their teammates.  Kobe and LeBron's teammates play scared of them.

Finally, I can see that you are a Lakers fan and I have a lot of respect for how you don't disrespect us Celtics fans.  I hope your team does well, reaches the finals. And then I hope they lose to the Celtics :).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LightSaber. Show LightSaber's posts

The reason why Kobe is hogging the ball is because only Shannon Brown knows how to do other things on offense. Blake and Barnes just shoot 3s. And Ron Artest is looking like he's 40 years old. 

From what I'm seeing, the Lakers have become the Phoenix Suns. Giving up more than a 100 points per game and shooting 21 3s every game, very Suns-like if you ask me.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

HERE SHOOT SOME MORE!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

So true, Kobe never saw a shot he ever apassed up. Dumb, stupid shots like he did against the Celtics in the finals. Oh yea, ever once in a while those moronic shots are falling for him and ESPN goes crazy fawning over him. But Kobe almost single handedly lost the title to the Celtics by refusing to play team ball, instead he had to be the hero.,

Thats why it was ridiculous for him to get the MVP, a joke really. If I recall, Phil actually told Kobe to STOP SHOOTING during one game in the finals (game 7).

For all the great talent Kobe is he still cant stop trying to ball hog and be a hero. I think maybe hed rather lose and score 40 than win scoring 18

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

once he start getting 18, the lakers in trouble.

40's his constant number for the lakers to win

lakers don't have the egoless attributes like the celtic's big three 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

They need Bynum back in a bad way. I think they will get on track when he comes back. They're ok, it's the Heat who are in trouble.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

They are in trouble and we can only hope it is even worse for them.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]They need Bynum back in a bad way. I think they will get on track when he comes back. They're ok, it's the Heat who are in trouble.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]
    His defensive presence and any minutes he can spell Gasol will help quite a bit.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulliu. Show paulliu's posts

You knew that the Boston Big Three was going to be just fine when you saw Paul Pierce going to the bench when the game had been won with an ear to ear smile on his face and he was 3 for 7 that night.

You saw that same thing from RA and KG.

To these guys winning is more fun than getting 20 shots per game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Two nights ago Kobe took an off-balance shot fading from the hoop as the last possession shot.  If I recall, he didn't even draw iron.

Gasol began to break to the hoop when Kobe went into his move; had Kobe hit the cutting Gasol, LA would not be in the midst of a 4 game slide.  Gasol, as always, handled this with class.  Frankly, it's more than Kobe deserved.  In fact, didn't Kobe heave up something like 37 shots?  LA will not win anything playing like this, and the Spurs will pick them apart with relative ease if this doesn't change.

This isn't meant as criticism.  Pierce has his moments of selfishness, too, but he found Allen last night to seal it.  Kobe would've shot it.  And since the Big 3 arrived in Boston, Pierce changed his approach to this game.  It worked.  Kobe hasn't, and it also worked. 

But when a team's chances are predicated upon the scoring of one player, that's bad news.  LA better address this issue and fast. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from EastCoastAudio. Show EastCoastAudio's posts

its simple...
    the more kobe shoots, the more la struggles, the more we LOVE it!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I seriously doubt the original quote was in reference to kobe.  I think it was in reference to Ron Artest, who got the pass and dribbled over to take a moving three when he could have easilly passed it right back to kobe for an open 3.

The fight right now is between RA and Phil.  Even Phil isnt' stupid enough to really cross Kobe.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

What ever the reference was about, I doubt that anyone believes that Kobe wants to win more than he wants to be known as the NBA's best player. He understands that winning is important for his image, however, when push comes to shove, he demands his stats above all else.

Kobe is Lebron, on a better team.