Phoenix game point of interest- rondo taps out with 6 minutes to go

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayallen1. Show rayallen1's posts

Re: Phoenix game point of interest- rondo taps out with 6 minutes to go

Ok, let me try to be positive for once in regards to Rondo, and speculate:  Rondo probably suggested, not ordered, to assistant coach to sub him out of the game because he wasn't playing well, and thought maybe getting Nate out of the floor would add a boost of energy and help the Celtics with maybe a comeback. 
    We all know that Rondo is just the type of player to do this because he is not a egomaniac and only does things to help the overall team and not individual stats.

Ok who's buying this?  lol

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: Phoenix game point of interest- rondo taps out with 6 minutes to go:
    [QUOTE] Ok who's buying this?  lol
    Posted by rayallen1[/QUOTE]

yep.  for the life of me i could not put a positive spin on it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Rajon "No Mas" Rondo???

Maybe he was exhausted after schooling that old washed up f*rt SNash so thoroughly on how NOT to play the PG position.

Maybe he was saving himself for the Laker game.

Maybe he was channeling Roberto "No Mas" Duran, the 8th round of the Leonard-Duran 1980 fight when Duran tapped out. Turned out to be stomach cramps!

On a positive note, RR did get aggressively enraged for about 2 minutes after daddy doc was tossed, took it to the hoop twice, got fouled and made all 4 FTs.  Well lookee here!

Hadn't seen that sort of play from Rondo in a  l-o-n-g    t-i-m-e.

Pud

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: Rajon "No Mas" Rondo???

In Response to Rajon "No Mas" Rondo???:
    [QUOTE]On a positive note, RR did get aggressively enraged for about 2 minutes after daddy doc was tossed, took it to the hoop twice, got fouled and made all 4 FTs.  Well lookee here! Hadn't seen that sort of play from Rondo in a  l-o-n-g    t-i-m-e . Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

i was very happy that rondo started the game out by getting a foul on nash.  and he made one of two and then forgot all about the fact that he could have gotten nash off the floor with one more foul.  and nash has zero quickness to stay with rondo. 

why didn't rondo take nash to the rack some more to start the game?  he got into the lane a couple of times early on besides the foul, but certain games, when the PG is ALL that an opposing team has going for them, why isn't this the approach of the c's team?  and who cares if rondo goes 0-4, 1-4 or 2-4 in getting 2 fouls on the opposing franchise PG?  i don't care how many he makes!

he needs the reps, and we need to get nash off the floor the second night of a back to back.

once again, i cannot discern any strategy of using rondo's superior quickness to EVER get fouls on an opposing PG in order to get them off the floor.

i cannot remember the last time in going on five years of rondo where it has ever happened.  and it should have happened a lot FOR THE GOOD OF THE TEAM.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ubuntu18. Show Ubuntu18's posts

Rondo gave up on celts last night just as he did during the summer with USA team..I love him to death but he's very overrated! He has trouble fighting over picks & that disrupts the Defense a lot of times. His free throws really havent improved much & neither has that jumper. D rose deserved to start in the all star game because he comes to play every night unlike Rondo! Love him to death though!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

In Response to Re: Phoenix game point of interest- rondo taps out with 6 minutes to go:
    [QUOTE]Rondo gave up on celts last night just as he did during the summer with USA team..I love him to death but he's very overrated! He has trouble fighting over picks & that disrupts the Defense a lot of times. His free throws really havent improved much & neither has that jumper. D rose deserved to start in the all star game because he comes to play every night unlike Rondo! Love him to death though!
    Posted by Ubuntu18[/QUOTE]
    wow. that's some ringing endorsement there, ubuntu18! if you're serious about loving you some rondo and not just jerking the board around, please tell us what it is about rondo's game you like so much.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The game last night was a shocker. The posts and threads today are more disturbing than the play.  Rondo became a morale problem last night.  You are nuts if you think that. This team has great chemistry and while I am not sure about tomorrow's game people need to realize they were due for a stinker.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Re: Rajon "No Mas" Rondo???

In Response to Rajon "No Mas" Rondo???:
    [QUOTE]Maybe he was exhausted after schooling that old washed up f*rt SNash so thoroughly on how NOT to play the PG position. Maybe he was saving himself for the Laker game. Maybe he was channeling Roberto "No Mas" Duran, the 8th round of the Leonard-Duran 1980 fight when Duran tapped out. Turned out to be stomach cramps! On a positive note, RR did get aggressively enraged for about 2 minutes after daddy doc was tossed, took it to the hoop twice, got fouled and made all 4 FTs.  Well lookee here! Hadn't seen that sort of play from Rondo in a  l-o-n-g    t-i-m-e . Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]
    I noticed that too.  I was hoping it would continue, but it didn't happen.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]The game last night was a shocker. The posts and threads today are more disturbing than the play.  Rondo became a morale problem last night.  You are nuts if you think that. This team has great chemistry and while I am not sure about tomorrow's game people need to realize they were due for a stinker.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

i agree that they were due for a clunker of a game.  however, my comments on kg's nut shot and rondo waving himself done for the night have plenty of veracity.  kg's moves was stupid and classless and i have never seen a star of any ilk wave himself out of a game just becuase it apparently didn't suit him.

and that includes jordan, bird, pierce, garnett, ray allen, parish, mchale, DJ, anyone i can think of.  the only one i can remember seeing who did it, at least put up a weak front of an injury first in a close game and it was wilt, when he came up 2 tablespoons shy of guts in that famed playoff game, and then wilt wasn't let back in when his puddy stopped hurting.

my point is that the self dismissal is unprecedented to see in a 25 year old, most of all one whose game is all but perfect.  it's not his job to over-ride larry frank just because larry frank is there- i've seen doc go painfully late in blowouts with the core players, way longer than just 6 mins to go. 

and as it was, there was a rally, cut short by kg's hand in the nuts.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ubuntu18. Show Ubuntu18's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Phoenix game point of interest- rondo taps out with 6 minutes to go : wow. that's some ringing endorsement there, ubuntu18! if you're serious about loving you some rondo and not just jerking the board around, please tell us what it is about rondo's game you like so much.
    Posted by BaileyPowe[/QUOTE]

I love his playmaking ability when he decides to SHOW UP for games! Everything else about his game can be improved if the work is put in! But oh wait, wasnt that why he left the USA team this summer so he could get ready for the season?! He's still a below average shooter in which I think will improve during the course of his career..No jerking the board around here. Speaking the TRUTH. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

now im not sticking up for him, as i didnt even watch the game bc i was out..but..is it possible he needed a breather?? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]now im not sticking up for him, as i didnt even watch the game bc i was out..but..is it possible he needed a breather?? 
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

After enjoying a breakout game at the FT line, I think that young Rondo was probably pooped, needing a blow.

20% of all made FTs for the season... in just three trips to the line. One game.

Coach K and all you skeptics/haters.... eat your hearts out!

Rondo is ballin'!!!Embarassed

Pud

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]now im not sticking up for him, as i didnt even watch the game bc i was out..but..is it possible he needed a breather?? 
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

not even a remote chance.  he was loafing around out there.  not even visibly out of breath.