picks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fedup13. Show fedup13's posts

picks

if celts play this good and so does atlanta it could be atlanta in lotterty per nets celts could get 15 tru 20 both picks what do you fans think

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

Re: picks

As of now, it looks like our pick will be between 8-12. Atlanta's will be middle of the pack somewhere (14-18). Though, obviously, 1 injury can change everything.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to melswitt's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It sucks...they get into the playoffs our future is cooked...we'll be so mediocre for years it will kill off a portion of the fan base...The NBA, right now, is as bad as I can ever remember, and I've been watching and listening since 1960...diluted talent, no D, pitiful rebounding, no toughness to the point that any tough guy can strike apoplectic fear into an entire opponents lineup....

We desperately need to get into the lottery to improve...our talent level sucks, we have a mishmash of midget PF's,  Centers with arms like a T-Rex who have no athletic abiility, or a total rookie, 1's and 2' either too small or without a complete set of skills...but we're all set for 3's , 'cept for one ancient warrior with a hideous contract and another with a serious inconsistency issue...the toughest guy on the team is a 1 who's coming off a serious injury and hasn't played this year

No, we can win a championship now and don't need the lottery....Oh yeah!

And my nose just grew.

[/QUOTE]

We can get in the lottery without losing....

2014 - two first round picks, ours and the worse of the Nets and the Hawks
    2015 - two first round picks, ours and the Clippers
    2016 - two first round picks, ours and the Nets
    2017 - one first round pick, the better of ours or the Nets
    2018 - two first round picks, ours and the Nets

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from myurkus. Show myurkus's posts

the way the hawks and celtics are playing so far, 1/4 of the way thru the season, I don't see how anyone can say a top 6 pick is likely.  It is not impossible, but with so many teams in the east playing so poorly, it would take luck for us to get one.  You can't rely on luck, so I feel Ainge needs to really try to move some salary, and unfortunately the only reasonable way I can see that happening is by packaging someone with Rondo.  Otherwise I agree it will be years of mediocrity.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

In response to melswitt's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It sucks...they get into the playoffs our future is cooked...we'll be so mediocre for years it will kill off a portion of the fan base...The NBA, right now, is as bad as I can ever remember, and I've been watching and listening since 1960...diluted talent, no D, pitiful rebounding, no toughness to the point that any tough guy can strike apoplectic fear into an entire opponents lineup....

We desperately need to get into the lottery to improve...our talent level sucks, we have a mishmash of midget PF's,  Centers with arms like a T-Rex who have no athletic abiility, or a total rookie, 1's and 2' either too small or without a complete set of skills...but we're all set for 3's , 'cept for one ancient warrior with a hideous contract and another with a serious inconsistency issue...the toughest guy on the team is a 1 who's coming off a serious injury and hasn't played this year

No, we can win a championship now and don't need the lottery....Oh yeah!

And my nose just grew.

[/QUOTE]

"Centers with arms like a T-Rex" ..... lol, nice.

Don't be so glum chum. This draft isn't the make or break of this franchises future. We still have many assets. Though still, keep your fingers crossed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

In response to myurkus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

the way the hawks and celtics are playing so far, 1/4 of the way thru the season, I don't see how anyone can say a top 6 pick is likely.  It is not impossible, but with so many teams in the east playing so poorly, it would take luck for us to get one.  You can't rely on luck, so I feel Ainge needs to really try to move some salary, and unfortunately the only reasonable way I can see that happening is by packaging someone with Rondo.  Otherwise I agree it will be years of mediocrity.

[/QUOTE]

Wait till the Celtics hit that first major West coast swing. This will tell. It's such a shame a first place team and playing only .400 ball.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

By the time the smoke clears, I believe that the Celtics will end up with with one of the top 6 worst records in the NBA (6th pick worst case) , NJ pick between 12-18, Atlanta pick also between 12-18.

4th pick - Smart - PG/SG, Okl St.

15th pick - Hood - SF Duke