Pierce and KG may both be gone

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mikekane3334. Show Mikekane3334's posts

Pierce and KG may both be gone

KG won't waive his no-trade clause but I bet if they trade Pierce first he wouldn't want to stick around. So, I think Danny may trade Paul for Smith and then pull the trigger on the Cliippers deal everyone is talking about involving KG. The Celtics aren't going anywhere this year unless Danny does what he said Red should have done with his aging stars years ago. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Re: Pierce and KG may both be gone

I don't think Ainge would trade PP to a team that has no chance of competing. Either they both go to contenders or they both stay Celtics.

I think they both stay with the Celtics.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Trade injured Rondo for injured Howard(quid pro quo) but I think Howard's feelings more than his body are injured being in LA LA land with egomaniac Kobe and let KG & PP get their ring here in Boston and retire as Celtics. We either get DH long term or free up a lot of cap space. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

Trade injured Rondo for injured Howard(quid pro quo) but I think Howard's feelings more than his body are injured being in LA LA land with egomaniac Kobe and let KG & PP get their ring here in Boston and retire as Celtics. We either get DH long term or free up a lot of cap space. 

If the Celtics could get Smith from Atlanta and Bledsoe and Jordan from the Clippers by trading Pierce and Garnett, would you be on board with that?

I'm wondering how far the Celtics could go this year with Bledsoe, Avery, Jordan, Smith, Green, Terry, Lee, Bass, Collins, Wilcox.

The success of this group would certainly depend a lot on how quickly Doc could get them to mesh.

Then next year, add Sullinger and Rondo along with Barbosa to the mix and you would have a very exciting team.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Whendex. Show Whendex's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

KG and Pierce aren't going anywhere.

Yeah I don't see them being moved to be honest. Really I don't mind it either. But I do think KG hangs them up after this season and PP comes off the bench next season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to dustcover's comment:

If the Celtics could get Smith from Atlanta and Bledsoe and Jordan from the Clippers by trading Pierce and Garnett, would you be on board with that?

I'm wondering how far the Celtics could go this year with Bledsoe, Avery, Jordan, Smith, Green, Terry, Lee, Bass, Collins, Wilcox.

The success of this group would certainly depend a lot on how quickly Doc could get them to mesh.

Then next year, add Sullinger and Rondo along with Barbosa to the mix and you would have a very exciting team.

=========================================

Would love Smith from Atlanta & also would love to get JJ Redick but I don't think the Clippers have enough if they offered all/any of their group except, of course, Paul & Griffin, for KG & PP to make full value for us.

I am a Celtic fan since the Cousy-Sharman days so really enjoyed our dominance in the Bird-Parish-McHale days.

Ok, first of all..the NBA is a business. But I agree that loyalty to a team is vital to maintain esprit de corps. KG says he bleeds "Green". Please keep in mind that he is not a home grown player like Larry Bird,12 years, and PP too with 15 years all with the "C"s. KG's best years, because he was younger were the 10 or so with Minn but he never won a title. He's only had 5 years with us but did get a ring.

Here's what we owe KG and PP. Ask them if they wouldn't mind being traded to the Clippers as they'll be able to continue to play together, continue to bash the hated Lakers and these 2 allstars could get another ring together(better chance with Clippers & R. Paul &Blake Griffin I think) and possibly retire together in their local community. I reiterate, ask them !!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

If the C's get Smith, we have to give up Green  and Bass at the least. Why do you think the C's can get ALL these players and still maintain their core??

so the team would be Smith, J. Collins, Lee, Terry, Bradley....  LOL.... Good luck with that lineup...

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to Whendex's comment:

Yeah I don't see them being moved to be honest. Really I don't mind it either. But I do think KG hangs them up after this season and PP comes off the bench next season.

Garnett has 15 million reasons to come back next year.

I believe that KG may indeed decide to retire.  It really doesn't matter how much he is being paid.    He did state that it will be his last all-star game. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

And the Championship pedigree of this group is? The future HOF quotient is? The mental toughness, work ethic of this group is?  Please, unproven youngsters and Smith/Rondo as your All Star future is a complete crap shoot in regards to winning a Championship any time soon. JSmoove takes a three at the buzzer....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

You're either champisonship driven or you aren't.  And if you aren't, what moves do you need to make, feelings aside, to get back to that level?  Unless there is some trade out there that lets the Celtics keep both KG and Pierce and get markedly better (i.e. at least good enough to beat Miami), then I can't see why Danny wouldn't consider pulling the trigger on a PP and/or KG trade.  That said, if he does pull the trigger it would have to be to send KG and PP to legit contenders and not NBA Siberia. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

If the C's get Smith, we have to give up Green  and Bass at the least. Why do you think the C's can get ALL these players and still maintain their core??

so the team would be Smith, J. Collins, Lee, Terry, Bradley....  LOL.... Good luck with that lineup...

The C's could get Smith (and rookie sharpshooter John Jenkins) for Bass, Lee, Melo, Barbosa and a 1st rd pick.

They wouldn't have to surrender Green, that still works $ wise. The combination of Avery and Jenkins would more than make Lee expendable. Also Smith would be brought here to play with his buddy Rondo, meaning RR would remains a part of the future, and Lee didn't seem too thrilled playign alongside Rajon, so freeing themselves of the 3 years and 16 million left on his deal works.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Green and Smith are both enigma type combo-forwards who could play well paired together but who you really don't know which will be better over the next several years.

Its not worth giving up Green who is owed under 30 million for 3 more years, for Smith, who would be paid at least 60 for the next four unless you know he's going to outperform Green and give you 10-20-20% more production.

There is no way you can know that. So trading two forwards for one, when we are thin upfront already and Green may be just as good as Smith, is unwise.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Whendex. Show Whendex's posts

15 mil is hard to walk away from for me.. But for Garnett, Not so hard imo.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to damfuno's comment:

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Actually according to trade machine a straight up PP for Smith works and also KG for Jordan and Bledsoe.......if we can pull off both of those trades I would do it in a heartbeat........

=========================================

Why would Atlanta want ageing PP and wouldn't that be sending PP to Siberia ??? Celtic fans would be in a rage & PP deserves a better ending than that even if he ends up in Boston w/o another ring.

And, I believe too, that KG only would consider a trade if PP went with him so the Clippers are the only choice where these 2 allstars could retire in their home locations and have a chance for another ring, one they wouldn't get in Boston unless we could do a Rondo for Howard swap & then get J. Redick. I like Smith but I don't think we have anyone after we traded Bass, Lee and a draft pick maybe for Redick to get him, Sully, Wilcox, Melo & draft picks...dunno ???

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Richard1965. Show Richard1965's posts

Nothing is going to happen...nada

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to Richard1965's comment:

zip, zilch....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

In response to basketbert's comment:

zip, zilch....

Yup, nothing's going to happen because Danny is all talk. Reports are that the C's are one of the most active teams talking trade this week but he's not serious about making a move.

I won't blame him for not dealing PP for J. Smith but if the C's don't at least approach KG about going to the Clippers then they're making a HUGE mistake! This is the only time you would get anything worthwhile, let a lone a very good young C & PG,  for a 36 yr old with a million miles on his legs who almost retired last year.

The stars are lined up perfectly...

• KG lives in LA
    • KG is godfather to Billups kid
    • KG played with Clipps assitant coach
    • KG at the end of career and wants/deserves another ring
    • KG made his 15th All-Star game at 36 yrs old this year
    • Griffith & CP3 got to talk with KG at the All-Star break
    • Clipps need to make title run to keep CP3
    • Clipps need some attitude and vet leadership to get past OKC
    • Celts desperately need a young Center and Point Guard
    • Celts will be in LA at the trade deadline this week

That said you'll probably hear DA on WEEI this week say something like "So here's the thing Michael...there just wasn't any good deals out there"

And if that ends up being the case, then someone needs to remove his 'Trader Danny" monicker a.s.a.p.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

KG doesn't earn Fifteen Million.  Last I saw he only earned Twelve Mill.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to wfdog's comment:

zip, zilch....

Yup, nothing's going to happen because Danny is all talk. Reports are that the C's are one of the most active teams talking trade this week but he's not serious about making a move.

I won't blame him for not dealing PP for J. Smith but if the C's don't at least approach KG about going to the Clippers then they're making a HUGE mistake! This is the only time you would get anything worthwhile, let a lone a very good young C & PG,  for a 36 yr old with a million miles on his legs who almost retired last year.

• KG lives in LA

That said you'll probably hear DA on WEEI this week say something like "So here's the thing Michael...there just wasn't any good deals out there"

And if that ends up being the case, then someone needs to remove his 'Trader Danny" monicker a.s.a.p.

Agree... if you can get 23-24 year olds like Jordan and Bledsoe you HAVE TO make that move for KG unless they have a seperate deal that gets them the upgrades they need to make a title run

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In response to wfdog's comment:

zip, zilch....

• KG lives in LA

Unless Ainge like many others value Bledsoe and Jordan as more role players that are dimes in a dozens.  I think people overvalue those players and Ainge might know what he is doing here.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Trader Danny gave KG a no-trade clause so what's the point. The question you should be asking is should he move CPP for young talent. Red Aurbach would say no way; he let all his great players retire as Celtics; Danny is no Red but he is a Celtic and I think he's sticking with his aging vets at this juncture.