Pierce and KG

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Pierce and KG

Their tale is turning out to be one of fading players having their dellusional egos exposed. Both stated they didn't want to go through rebuilding and they wanted to go for one more ring. The fact is, they were the reason why we were rebuilding. Our record would be much worse if DA had kept them both. Neither would be able to handle Stevens, coaching style and would have been a locker room cancers and impeding the growth of our younger, now more talented players ie Bass,Green,Fvarani,Oly, Crawford and Sully.

Nobody beats father Time, nobody. We all face a time that we realize we have peaked physically and make adjustments accordingly. It must be hard when you peaked as a multi millionaire NBA superstar to accept this fact, and it seems they haven't. Having not even gone through the first month of the season both have publically pointed fingers and questioned management. They expected after all the hoopla, that this season would be akin to them riding off into the sunset after one final conquest. Fairytales very seldom come true and natural law usually comes into to play when your experience doesn't make up for your drop off in abilities. The more realistic ending is usually not akin to riding off into the sunset but more akin to becoming prime targets of hungry predators and having your aged bones being picked clean by a pack of wolves.

As a fan I could have endured watching these to limp through a farewell season and would've really liked to see PP start and end his career here and have KG retire as favorite adopted son. Both thought that wasn't the greener pasture they were looking for so they jumped the fence and now they realize that not only wasn't the other side any greener,but now the wolves are at the door.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Re: Pierce and KG

They waived their no trade contracts and stated they wanted no part of going through a rebiulding year. You just like being contrary.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Let's not kid ourselves and think that DA didn't want them to leave.  It was a clean start for all parties involved, and it was a nice run while it lasted.  It was thought to be a win-win, Pierce and KG got to play for a team that many thought would be a contender in the east and Ainge got a fairly significant package in return for his two playoff-honed vets.  

Pierce and KG didn't shoot their way out of town, and if Doc was still here they probably would be too. To lay this at the feet of Pierce and KG is naive.  Everyone got what they wanted - Doc a new job, DA some chips for the future and PP & KG a chance to leave the league on a high note playing for a contender.      

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I agree, everybody got what they thought they wanted. I'm just saying be careful what you wish for. They didn't shoot their way out of town but they were with Doc, the first ones lowering the lifeboats. I don't think Docs fairytale is going to end the way he thought it either. Waht I'm saying is I think DA and the Celtics team is going to be the winner in this one, sooner than later to boot.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

We could get them back real cheap

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Let's not kid ourselves and think that DA didn't want them to leave.  It was a clean start for all parties involved, and it was a nice run while it lasted.  It was thought to be a win-win, Pierce and KG got to play for a team that many thought would be a contender in the east and Ainge got a fairly significant package in return for his two playoff-honed vets.  

Pierce and KG didn't shoot their way out of town, and if Doc was still here they probably would be too. To lay this at the feet of Pierce and KG is naive.  Everyone got what they wanted - Doc a new job, DA some chips for the future and PP & KG a chance to leave the league on a high note playing for a contender.      

[/QUOTE]

I am surprised that the Nets are still struggling.   I still expect them to improve as the season progresses.  They certainly don't look like a contender at the current time. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

With the Nets struggling the Celts should keep on winning.  Hurry up Rondo and get back on the court.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

At the time it looked like a good return, right now it looks even better. Kg and Pp are looking real old right now. They are obviosly past the point of carrying a team, which is essentially the role they've been forced into with williams and lopez out. Once those ALL STARS return they will be much better. With that said Im still  real surprised with how bad theyve looked, KG  with a 10.09PERand shooting 35%  PP 12.84 PER shooting 38% and 28% from 3.

I guess rondo was helping them get some ez looks all these years.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

I also think Jason Kidd was a bad fchoice for a head coach. The Nets could've had others with coaching experience. The loss of Lopez and DWill aren't helping the cause. Joe johnson really can't carry this team on his back. The problem is that atlanta gets the better of the draft picks. The way it's looking right now they will get the Nets pick and the Celtics there's. Atlanta looks like a playoff team.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

if PP and KG were still here, we'd be doing better than we are now. no question. could we beat the heat? no. but don't forget that if PP and KG were still here, doc would probably still be here. nonetheless, that team would not have been a contender. much better to stock up on draft picks and rebuild.

and, yes, jason kidd was a horrible choice to lead that team. you don't go all in and mortgage your future for a very small window, and then entrust it to a knucklehead with no coaching experience.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Ainge made great moves with Doc, Paul, and KG.  They have their opportunity and we have the draft choices.  Paul and KG will get it together, it may take some time but they will make the playoffs and anything can happen then.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Their tale is turning out to be one of fading players having their dellusional egos exposed. Both stated they didn't want to go through rebuilding and they wanted to go for one more ring. The fact is, they were the reason why we were rebuilding. Our record would be much worse if DA had kept them both. Neither would be able to handle Stevens, coaching style and would have been a locker room cancers and impeding the growth of our younger, now more talented players ie Bass,Green,Fvarani,Oly, Crawford and Sully.

[/QUOTE]

I dont know where you get off saying they'd be locker room cancers...in particular KG, who's made a name as a great teammate and locker room presence

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Neither one of those guys has ever been a locker room cancer.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Well, if you secretly polled the locker room, I'm not sure kg would be so popular lately.  I'm guessing the young guys were glad to see him go,

Pierce...never.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

[QUOTE]

"Their tale is turning out to be one of fading players having their dellusional egos exposed. Both stated they didn't want to go through rebuilding and they wanted to go for one more ring. The fact is, they were the reason why we were rebuilding. Our record would be much worse if DA had kept them both. Neither would be able to handle Stevens, coaching style and would have been a locker room cancers and impeding the growth of our younger, now more talented players ie Bass,Green,Fvarani,Oly, Crawford and Sully."

Disagree!

Even though Doc had jumped ship,PP and KG didn't really want to leave..they were traded!! PP was devascated. Those two  are among the smartest players in the NBA. A new coach would have been a real challenge for them and since Brad hooked up with RR immediately, the two Pros would have really helped. The plan would have  grown on those two and their loyality would have prevailed!

Imagine KG and PP along side of JG,Bass,Sully,Oly, AB,Craw,Fav.Lee,PP and JT. With the inside coaching by Brad and his enthusiastic approach, combined with the old pros contributing, it would have been a sight to see.

After the big 2 contracts expired they might have come back for a mentoring role with a new draft choice or two and some playoff experience by the young studs..

The only fly in the ointment would be the 82 game schedule combined with the  first round intensity,

In spite of the fatigue exposure, this team could be a future champion winner after PP and KG departed.

.... Paul and Kevin are not fading!! ..they just are having problems with a  different game plan, green coach, all new players and being in a foreign country. They will come through but not as well as if they were back home! 

Cancer NO!

Good luck PP+KG! Wish you were here!

As much as I like Wallace and Humph!! 

I know I'm in the minority here but That's the way I feel.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to gman101019's comment:
    [QUOTE]

At the time it looked like a good return, right now it looks even better. Kg and Pp are looking real old right now. They are obviosly past the point of carrying a team, which is essentially the role they've been forced into with williams and lopez out. Once those ALL STARS return they will be much better. With that said Im still  real surprised with how bad theyve looked, KG  with a 10.09PERand shooting 35%  PP 12.84 PER shooting 38% and 28% from 3.

I guess rondo was helping them get some ez looks all these years.

[/QUOTE]

Astute observation and a good reminder!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ktronic. Show ktronic's posts

[QUOTE]

Nobody beats father Time, nobody. We all face a time that we realize we have peaked physically and make adjustments accordingly. It must be hard when you peaked as a multi millionaire NBA superstar to accept this fact, and it seems they haven't. Having not even gone through the first month of the season both have publically pointed fingers and questioned management. They expected after all the hoopla, that this season would be akin to them riding off into the sunset after one final conquest. Fairytales very seldom come true and natural law usually comes into to play when your experience doesn't make up for your drop off in abilities. The more realistic ending is usually not akin to riding off into the sunset but more akin to becoming prime targets of hungry predators and having your aged bones being picked clean by a pack of wolves.

As a fan I could have endured watching these to limp through a farewell season and would've really liked to see PP start and end his career here and have KG retire as favorite adopted son. Both thought that wasn't the greener pasture they were looking for so they jumped the fence and now they realize that not only wasn't the other side any greener,but now the wolves are at the door.

[/QUOTE]

They were TRADED!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ktronic. Show ktronic's posts

[QUOTE]

They waived their no trade contracts and stated they wanted no part of going through a rebiulding year. You just like being contrary.

[/QUOTE]

Gets your facts straight. Only KG had the no trade clause.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Mployee8's comment:

[QUOTE]

Astute observation and a good reminder!

[/QUOTE]

Duh!

And it was only a few days ago you wanted to trade Rondo for Jennings and Monroe.

You're pathetic!

[/QUOTE]

Still lieing or flipping the truth on this forty the upteenth time. I don't want to trade RR but if you do biz with Detroit for Monroe has ElDunk was recommending you must take Jennings cuz thats what Detroit will be offering ... they don't want both Jennings and Rondo ... Wake Up and stop spinning my posts to suit your BS!

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Mployee8's comment:

[QUOTE]

Still lieing or flipping the truth on this forty the upteenth time. I don't want to trade RR but if you do biz with Detroit for Monroe has ElDunk was recommending you must take Jennings cuz thats what Detroit will be offering ... they don't want both Jennings and Rondo ... Wake Up and stop spinning my posts to suit your BS!

[/QUOTE]

Who said anything about doing biz with Detroit.

Monroe and Jennings for Rondo is not happening.

Why do you keep believing Eldunko's BS?

[/QUOTE]

It's trade talk ... get over it!