PIERCE APPRECIATION DAY

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

PIERCE APPRECIATION DAY

I don't know if you guys realize that he just turned in the best scoring perfomance of the playoffs so far.  Others have scored a few more, not many.  But none have scored this many with this sort of surgical precision.

14-19 on 2's
    6-8 on 3's
    NO boat load of FT's to pad up the points total.

This is far and away the best offensive performance thus far.  I love it.

And the best part of it all was that Ray was just a coat of paint behind him for points and efficiencies too.

The other night when Melo dumped 42, that took THIRTY shots!  Everywhere you look (and I did) nobody has produced points like Pierce did IN THIS GAME thus far in the playoffs.  And you'd probably have to hunt for a while into the regular season to find a performance as efficient was what we just got tonight.

We are lucky fans to have this sort of talent.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Re: PIERCE APPRECIATION DAY

-

Paul & Ray were truly awesome tonight, acie, truly awesome.

Nothing forced, all in the flow of the game.

One of the best tandem performances I've ever seen.

Together they shot 25 of 37 for 67.5% !

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

yep!  practically unheard of in the playoffs.

pierce must be working really hard in the off seasons to be improving his shooting like this late in his career.  that's something a lot of players should take notes on!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Mad props to the captain, he was awesome tonight. His d on melo was great too.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

highest points total since 38 in game 5 of the 08 finals in a loss

or before that his 41 point shootout against lebron in game 7 of the conference semis in 08

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

a harbinger of things to come....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Re: PIERCE APPRECIATION DAY:

[QUOTE]a harbinger of things to come....

Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

-

Not just a harbinger but the dawn of the Pierce hegemony.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayallen1. Show rayallen1's posts

He definitely put Melo over his knee tonight and gave the youngster a good spank job!!!  haha!!!

But the dumb media didn't really talked about it as much as they talked about how great Melo's ball hogging effort was in game 2, who took like almost 40something shots, throwing up crazy shots after crazy shots and every time one went in...it was like oooh look how great Melo is oooh...sheesh...Melo, u Freakin' Dominic Wilkens ballhogging wannabee...your numbers are as faulty as your game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: PIERCE APPRECIATION DAY:
    [QUOTE]He definitely put Melo over his knee tonight and gave the youngster a good spank job!!!  haha!!! But the dumb media didn't really talked about it as much as they talked about how great Melo's ball hogging effort was in game 2, who took like almost 40something shots, throwing up crazy shots after crazy shots and every time one went in...it was like oooh look how great Melo is oooh...sheesh...Melo, u Freakin' Dominic Wilkens ballhogging wannabee...your numbers are as faulty as your game.
    Posted by rayallen1[/QUOTE]

yup.  exactly.  but that's okay.  let the press hate us right up until they are forced to recognize us, just like last year.  and if i had my choice, it would come in another eastern final v. miami and another disintegration job by chosen future king with no personality lebron lames.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

BEEN talking up pierce all year! glad some of u are finally giving the man his due. only reason he did not score 50 is because he did not want or need to. melo would have done it for the stats.. paul scores for the win... wouldnt shock me if he doesnt repeat iit on sunday as he looks to get kg off and becomes a decoy. perhaps rr will scire 30 again. either way, pp is the most indispensable celtic! he is our mvp. he is ALWAYS the rock and a true all-purpose closer. we are not coming back to boston to play ny because of paul! he should be in the top 5 of the mvp vote right up there with the lebrons and howards. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from elvis-surfs. Show elvis-surfs's posts

I've been watching the Celts since the Havliceck/Cowens era, and no disrespect to some of the legends that have played here since and even before, but if I had to pick one favorite Celtic....Pierce is just fun to watch, his attitude, effort, his love for the game...the facial expressions of joy, and especially of disdain...classic...of course there's Russell, Cousy, Bird, KG and the infamous 'clotheslining' by McHale alone puts him in consideration nevermind everything else about how he played, but Paul is my all time favorite Celtic...

aside from that, how the H did Rondo get so good?...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Paul was awesome last night.  He sometimes plays great at MSG.  Not sure why, but it was really a terrific performance by Paul and Ray last night. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

In Response to PIERCE APPRECIATION DAY:
    [QUOTE]I don't know if you guys realize that he just turned in the best scoring perfomance of the playoffs so far.  Others have scored a few more, not many.  But none have scored this many with this sort of surgical precision. 14-19 on 2's 6-8 on 3's NO boat load of FT's to pad up the points total. This is far and away the best offensive performance thus far.  I love it. And the best part of it all was that Ray was just a coat of paint behind him for points and efficiencies too. The other night when Melo dumped 42, that took THIRTY shots!  Everywhere you look (and I did) nobody has produced points like Pierce did IN THIS GAME thus far in the playoffs.  And you'd probably have to hunt for a while into the regular season to find a performance as efficient was what we just got tonight. We are lucky fans to have this sort of talent.
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

This is why I have always put him above Kobe.  I give a lot of credit to Doc. when he arrived, Paul's fg % has shot up every year.  As long as he is fresh, I know what to expect from the captain.  At this stage in his career, there is still noone else I want with the ball to end a game.  I have believed that since 2002 or so.  hands down   All these other guys get more credit for being flashy and putting up big mumbers but they are not efficient and dissapear when the going gets tough...(ahem) Melo...