Pierce Buyout A No-Brainer No Matter What Ainge Says......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Pierce Buyout A No-Brainer No Matter What Ainge Says......

In response to Red-16Russ-11's comment:

IF KG retires, and they buy out PP.........I think he HAS to trade Rondo.  Rondo will not be a happy camper rebuilding, and he is still marketable.

Why buy him out?  Keep him and trade for one good player.  Think OKC would like to have him right about now

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Like I said, waive Pierce then sign him for a lesser contract.

Hopefully Pierce decides to help the team out by signing a 1 year vet's minimum contract with the Celts.

Pierce doesn't need the money!

I agree with this thought. THey have to waive him by a certain date. I think PP may prefer a trade to the Clippers or playoff team first. If there are no takers he takes the buyout and returns to the C's.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Ainge can pick up the 15.33 million and try to trade Pierce. A one year deal for a star of his magnitude to a playoff contender would still have appeal.

We won't be getting Harrison Barnes and an expiring contract, but say the Mavs can't get Dwight Howard and keep Kaman, Collison, Mayo and Brand. Maybe they trade Marion, Vince Carter and their lotto pick for Pierce?

Or to OKC for Perk, Sefolosha and a swap our our draft pick (16) for the Toronto one OKC owns (8).

Ainge should and will look into trades that would get us younger and better. If he trades Pierce then you would expect KG to either retire, or allow the team to trade him, giving up his no-trade clause to perhaps revisit the Clippers trade (Jordan and Bledsoe) throwing in Crawford or Terry or a future 1st.

If they can't get good value for Pierce then waiving him for 5m and signing him for about 6-7m, with him saving the team 3-4 million while putting him in the same salary range as KG and Rondo (when you take into consideration the buyout).

Then the team should trade Lee and Bass for a frontcourt upgrade. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

These guys both understand this is a business first... ya think when PP is 55 and broke that DA will sign him to a minimum contract to help him out?  PP should do whats right for himself financially, esp now at the end of his career when he wont be making this kind of money the rest of his life..

Maybe re-work his contract but hes not gonna give up much $$ for the benefit of the team... and I dont blame him

pierce has booked 200+ million in the league.  if he's broke by age 55 then it's nobody's fault but his.  seriously, he should have trust funds set up out two generations to take care of things. 

the problem with the big money nba is that easy come easy go.  bring the posse's (read: leaches) like iverson and twon and then do dumb "investments" like chris webber and your'e broke before you're age 40.  nobody's fault but their's.  they should get educated and come back and they could ALWAYS GET A GOOD PAYING JOB WITH THE LEAGUE counseling the young kids how to take care of their money. 

it wouldn't be a hard sell.  "i'm twon walker, i made over 150 million in the league and i'm broke today" and show a slide of all his contract money and how his cash went out the window.  connect with them in a way that has impact and is real.

so why worry about pierce at double nickels and broke?  honestly this is so absurd.  and it has nothing to do with one more run for the home team that paid him so much $ over the years for cheap.  the most he'd sign on WITH ANOTHER CONTENDER would be MLE MONEY ANYWAY so quit it with the "poor pierce at 55" schtick

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

In response to Karllost's comment:

These guys both understand this is a business first... ya think when PP is 55 and broke that DA will sign him to a minimum contract to help him out?  PP should do whats right for himself financially, esp now at the end of his career when he wont be making this kind of money the rest of his life..

Maybe re-work his contract but hes not gonna give up much $$ for the benefit of the team... and I dont blame him

pierce has booked 200+ million in the league.  if he's broke by age 55 then it's nobody's fault but his.  seriously, he should have trust funds set up out two generations to take care of things. 

the problem with the big money nba is that easy come easy go.  bring the posse's (read: leaches) like iverson and twon and then do dumb "investments" like chris webber and your'e broke before you're age 40.  nobody's fault but their's.  they should get educated and come back and they could ALWAYS GET A GOOD PAYING JOB WITH THE LEAGUE counseling the young kids how to take care of their money. 

it wouldn't be a hard sell.  "i'm twon walker, i made over 150 million in the league and i'm broke today" and show a slide of all his contract money and how his cash went out the window.  connect with them in a way that has impact and is real.

so why worry about pierce at double nickels and broke?  honestly this is so absurd.  and it has nothing to do with one more run for the home team that paid him so much $ over the years for cheap.  the most he'd sign on WITH ANOTHER CONTENDER would be MLE MONEY ANYWAY so quit it with the "poor pierce at 55" schtick

SA can choose PP over Ginobli if they want at 8-12m a year

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

I'ld have to be for it as well after that NY series. Paul was horrible! Really hard to watch a future HOF'er and pride of Boston get COMPLETELY OWNED ALL SERIES LONG by the likes of Shumpert and Chubby Felton. Just doesn't sit well with me. I know Paul is disappointed in his performance too, but..... you just can't go down swinging like that! And I can't see the C's organization paying 15mil for that either. That would be very stupid. I'm all in favor of a buyout, and resign to a bench roll. I still really want to see him retire a Celtic too. I feel really bad for the guy. Can't go out like that, just can't. I guess it all depends on what's on the table for Danny to work with this summer. Hope he's got some magic left after suffering through this horrid season (which he's, at least in part, responsible for)..... (sigh)...... I don't know...... can't go out like that man. Wow......