Pierce for Deandre Jordan

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Pierce for Deandre Jordan

I want to keep Pierce but for those who want to get a big man trade him Jordan and whatever it takes to make it work.  KG, Jordan, and Green might make us very very good.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Pierce for Deandre Jordan

In response to Kirk6's comment:

This trade is the only one I have seen that makes a certain amount of sense, but there is no way I would ever trade Pierce or Garnett.

We would be better off keeping Pierce and playing Green at the 2.

I don't want to trade him either. I mentioned it because I would rather keep Garnett and this would provide another big man upfront. Hopefully the find a way to get a big man and bring him in.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

and who plays Center for the Clips??? How does this get them past OKC??

Makes no sense for them..unless they get another big via trade...

I think they would rather have KG....fits their needs...

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

this takes the cake for most idiotic, thoughtless, backwards idea. we lose our top scorer and current assist leader for an overpaid tree that is about as useful as howard in the fourth quarter. what the he11 is LaC going to do with Pierce and Butler. salaries dont even match. you just made the entire world stupider

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to concord27's comment:

I want to keep Pierce but for those who want to get a big man trade him Jordan and whatever it takes to make it work.  KG, Jordan, and Green might make us very very good.

Celts will not go far in the playoffs without Pierce.

Remember, Jordan will not be playing in the last 5 mins of the 4th because he's a poor FT shooter.

Right now the Celts' best 5 is KG, Green, Pierce, Terry, and Bradley.

And one of the Celts' problems is scoring droughts, trading the team's best scorer for a non-scorer will result in more scoring droughts.

Green should be able to take up some of the slack.  Jordan with KG is a scary proposition.  Bass might even be effective coming off the bench. I am surprised you don't like it. We both know a big man like Jordan to go with KG is the greatest need we have.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Ortiz123's comment:

and who plays Center for the Clips??? How does this get them past OKC??

Makes no sense for them..unless they get another big via trade...

I think they would rather have KG....fits their needs...

Blake Griffin?

HAHAHA

That is the best argument. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I didn't want to see Pierce go.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Pierce, Melo and a #1 for JSmith!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Celts will not go far in the playoffs without Pierce.

Remember, Jordan will not be playing in the last 5 mins of the 4th because he's a poor FT shooter.

Right now the Celts' best 5 is KG, Green, Pierce, Terry, and Bradley.

And one of the Celts' problems is scoring droughts, trading the team's best scorer for a non-scorer will result in more scoring droughts.

they wont go far in the playoffs with Pierce either if this roster stays the same...I dont want to trade him necessarily but we need an impact player... the problem is the Cs dont have the pieces to get that done without trading PP or KG....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

U guys that want to get rid of him will find out pretty quick that Green is not close to the player pierce is. When the others teams defensive focus is just a little bit on Jeff instead of Paul you will find out how good he is.  I give it a honeymoon period of a month,  then Jeff can't do this,  Jeff can't do that, etc etc etc.  Also wait until our rebounds go down to about 34 a game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Good points 1-1. Jeff has a pretty high dribble and lost the ball when he drove to the hoop last night and the triple team came. Doing what the Captain or Kobe or other wing dribble penetrators do is tough sledding.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

U guys that want to get rid of him will find out pretty quick that Green is not close to the player pierce is. When the others teams defensive focus is just a little bit on Jeff instead of Paul you will find out how good he is.  I give it a honeymoon period of a month,  then Jeff can't do this,  Jeff can't do that, etc etc etc.  Also wait until our rebounds go down to about 34 a game.

It's not about Green, it's about who we could get for Pierce. I would say Green is not close to the player Pierce was, not is!  If we could trade him a #1 and Melo for JSmith, don't you think that would make us a better team now and in the future?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

(Posted on another thread)

I'd trade Pierce for Josh Smith ONLY.  Nobody else.  I would take Josh Smith and Jeff Green in our frontcourt over Brandon Bass and Paul Pierce right now and in the future!

Pierce has won many games for these Celtics. Pierce deserves to go somewhere where he can be a compliment - not a "go to" guy.  The "go to" label is too much for Pierce to carry right now.

If we're okay with his horrid nights like last night knowing we'll eventually get a 22 point game sprinkled in every now and then, then let's keep him and simply struggle for the rest of the year.

Personally, it's frustrating to see him struggle so much because he just can't bring it every night. He has had, what, 5 days off and this is how he comes out and performs. Honestly, Pierce did not lose the game but we easily win this one with an efficient, productive outing by our captain. Unfortunately, we're getting too many of these duds from him when we really need his production and leadership.

We are staring at another losing streak right in the face and it's got to stop. I'd rather struggle with new players if we can solidify our future. And with the right infusion of youth and athleticism, I think we can still be a factor in the east this season. I don't see that from this group long-term this season.

I say this because he'll never be relegated to the bench which is where he should be.  If Pierce went to Doc and volunteered to be on the 2nd unit, them I'm all for that but we all know that won't happen.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TPETTEWAY1. Show TPETTEWAY1's posts

THE WAY PIERCE IS PLAYING I WOULD TRADE HIM . HE WAS HORRIBLE ESPECIALLY LAST NITE IN DENVER .

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

That gives the Clippers 4 SF's and leaves them with Odom, Hollins, Griffin and Turiaf at the 4 and the 5.

Not a smart ideas for them

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TPETTEWAY1. Show TPETTEWAY1's posts

In response to Petey62's comment:

(Posted on another thread)

I'd trade Pierce for Josh Smith ONLY.  Nobody else.  I would take Josh Smith and Jeff Green in our frontcourt over Brandon Bass and Paul Pierce right now and in the future!

Pierce has won many games for these Celtics. Pierce deserves to go somewhere where he can be a compliment - not a "go to" guy.  The "go to" label is too much for Pierce to carry right now.

If we're okay with his horrid nights like last night knowing we'll eventually get a 22 point game sprinkled in every now and then, then let's keep him and simply struggle for the rest of the year.

Personally, it's frustrating to see him struggle so much because he just can't bring it every night. He has had, what, 5 days off and this is how he comes out and performs. Honestly, Pierce did not lose the game but we easily win this one with an efficient, productive outing by our captain. Unfortunately, we're getting too many of these duds from him when we really need his production and leadership.

We are staring at another losing streak right in the face and it's got to stop. I'd rather struggle with new players if we can solidify our future. And with the right infusion of youth and athleticism, I think we can still be a factor in the east this season. I don't see that from this group long-term this season.

I say this because he'll never be relegated to the bench which is where he should be.  If Pierce went to Doc and volunteered to be on the 2nd unit, them I'm all for that but we all know that won't happen.

PETEY THIS POST PROBABLY IS THE BEST I'VE SEEN ON HERE IN A LONG TIME .. YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY CORRECT ITS NOT LIKE PIERCE IS GOING TO GET BETTER .... HE WAS RUNNING IN SAND LAST NITE , THE LAST FEW NITES    UNFORTUNATELY ITS A BUSINESS    THANKS PAUL FOR THE MEMORIES BUT I WOULD TRADE HIM TOO FOR HEIGHT AND YOUTH... GREAT POST PETEY

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TPETTEWAY1. Show TPETTEWAY1's posts

In response to futbal's comment:

Good points 1-1. Jeff has a pretty high dribble and lost the ball when he drove to the hoop last night and the triple team came. Doing what the Captain or Kobe or other wing dribble penetrators do is tough sledding.

PIERCE IS A TURNOVER MACHINE PERIOD

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Thanks TPETTEWAY1.  I appreciate that.

But you're right.  He's been moving in sand on both ends of the court lately.  His pump fakes on completely open looks are no longer effective.  The 3-pointer he hit last night was a straight rise up shot - no pump fakes, no deception moves - just a straight rise up jump shot (like the shot he hit vs Denver in that OT game).  When he drives to the rim, he oftentimes has little to no finish and either gets his shot blocked/deflected or he tries a desperation pass that ends up as a turnover.  Fortunately due to his star power, he occasionally will get a call upon yelling "foul".  He yells that every foray to the rim and many times it doesn't work.

And he just cannot defend as effectively anymore.  Last night I heard him yell "travelling" on more than two occasions as his player got past him. 

On both ends of the court, he's become a "momentum buster" on more occasions than he's a "momentum starter" lately.  I love the way he lightly claps his hands after committing a turnover or not getting a call as the other team steams the other way.

Pierce is as true a Celtic as there ever has been but, for the role he's in now, he just isn't capable of performing effectively night in and night out.  Since there is nobody else on the roster who CAN provide what he is EXPECTED to provide, maybe it's time to move him.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

That gives the Clippers 4 SF's and leaves them with Odom, Hollins, Griffin and Turiaf at the 4 and the 5.

I realize that now.  I was hoping with Jordan and KG together we could move Green to the other forward.  The Clippers can't go without a big.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

I realize that now.  I was hoping with Jordan and KG together we could move Green to the other forward.  The Clippers can't go without a big.

The smartest move is still finding a way to make it a 3-teamer.

1. Give the Clippers both PP/KG (so the no-trade can be waived if Paul goes too and the Boston fans can happily root for both guys on the same team, going for a title, near their homes, and making the Lakers take a backseat and look worse)

2. Get Jordan and Smith here as the centerpieces.... if Danny is not trading Rondo then adding his buddy, 8 years PP's junior, with a vet like Butler, is a good alternative to having PP and Bledsoe

3. Sweeten the deal for LA with more vets like Terry and Wilcox (a former Clipper) to help in their title run and sweeten it for Atlanta with Melo (expendable now that we'd have Jordan).

Clippers - KG, Pierce, Terry, Wilcox

Hawks - Bledsoe, Odom (exp contract), Melo, Bass, a Clippers '14 1st

Celtics - Smith, Jordan, Butler, contracts from LA like Willie Green and Hollins, maybe a guard from the Hawks like Jenkins (or swap Lou Williams for Lee, same $)