Pierce Has Been Fierce!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Pierce Has Been Fierce!

One big positive to take out of the last two games has been the aggressive play of Paul Pierce.  I think we can say that Paul is out of his slump with others soon to follow.

Paul is asserting his role as El Capitain and beginning to lead the Celtics out of the wilderness.

I posted yesterday that this game matters not one iota because for the Celtics it's all about the playoffs.  It's all about getting healthy and getting the minutes for the bench guys and getting everyone to understand the defense and the ball movement offense.

It's a tough schedule and Doc will play it the way he feels is best for the team.  Perhaps at this point the Organization Feels it is more important to get ready for the playoffs than worry about where we will be seeded and who we will play.

We've proven we can beat anybody this season.

And Pierce has been fierce and is leading the way.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Re: Pierce Has Been Fierce!

Yes he has.  He has been carrying his team in many ways the past couple days and apparently doing a lot behind the scenes to get his teammates focused and fired up.  It is only a matter of time before it carries over to his teammates on a more full-time basis.  And he's an ideal example because he plays so hard and is so unselfish.  Honestly, he is the ONLY one I would want as our captain.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Rico with a comment like that are you ready to admit you are not a Celtic fan now?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

That's cool but we're still losing ...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Pierce has been off the wall lately, but the man can't do everything, others need to help by re-bounding, re-bounding, and re-bounding!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

A-men!!!  The Celtics aren't built as a 1-man team either.  It is absolutely necessary that his teammates step up MORE than they have thus far.  If there's one person who can light that fire under them, though, it is Paul Pierce.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

In Response to Re: Pierce Has Been Fierce!:
    [QUOTE]A-men!!!  The Celtics aren't built as a 1-man team either.  It is absolutely necessary that his teammates step up MORE than they have thus far.  If there's one person who can light that fire under them, though, it is Paul Pierce.
    Posted by MsLithium21[/QUOTE]

True, lets hope he gets in there face tonight!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

And another Amen to that...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

[QUOTE]That's cool but we're still losing ...
    Posted by KGLove[/QUOTE]

We just handled the Spurs at home and took their best shot. The following day we take on the Hawks and lead for 90% of the game and there is still an issue with you and this team? 

I advise anyone new on these boards to take whatever negative things people have to say are clueless. The Celtics at the end of todays game showed that they were gassed and should have went to their hot hands. Forced bad shots at the end and played with great effort.

The Celtics offense at times tonight was perfect. Doc didn't go to KG early enough and let the Hawks get in roll way too fast. The team played incredible tonight and showed that they are contenders. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

I agree.  Obviously I wanted the win too, but let's face it - If we played the Hawks in a best of 7 we'd probably win it in 5.  We did extremely well against them in the other two games, and tonight is what Doc referred to (when we beat the Bucks on daylight saving Sunday) as "one of those scheduled losses."  Red-eye flight halfway across the country, losing an hour in the process...  I take a lot of coast to coast red-eyes and I know night-time flights can do a number on anyone.

I think a lot of our issues will be mitigated when we have Shaq back along with a healthy JO - mainly rebounding, being able to score from the paint...

As demoralizing as it's been lately, I know we're as good as anyone when the chips are down, and after how it went last year, I cannot imagine anyone else WANTING the ring as much as we do.  And that counts for a lot, especially when you have the talent and work ethic to back it up.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Ms. Lithium, I think I love you.  You restoreth my faith.  I will go to sleep feeling no angst.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

In Response to Pierce Has Been Fierce!:
    [QUOTE]One big positive to take out of the last two games has been the aggressive play of Paul Pierce.  I think we can say that Paul is out of his slump with others soon to follow. Paul is asserting his role as El Capitain and beginning to lead the Celtics out of the wilderness. I posted yesterday that this game matters not one iota because for the Celtics it's all about the playoffs.  It's all about getting healthy and getting the minutes for the bench guys and getting everyone to understand the defense and the ball movement offense. It's a tough schedule and Doc will play it the way he feels is best for the team.  Perhaps at this point the Organization Feels it is more important to get ready for the playoffs than worry about where we will be seeded and who we will play. We've proven we can beat anybody this season. And Pierce has been fierce and is leading the way.
    Posted by RajonRondowski[/QUOTE]

The denial never ends.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

[QUOTE]Ms. Lithium, I think I love you.  You restoreth my faith.  I will go to sleep feeling no angst.
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]

Well Joel, the pleasure is mine.  Sleep well and dream of Celtic wins and championships!  :)