PIERCE is ranked 4th best in team history, how high could he get and how high would you rank him?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

PIERCE is ranked 4th best in team history, how high could he get and how high would you rank him?

http://greenstreet.weei.com/sports/boston/basketball/celtics/2012/02/06/where-does-paul-pierce-rank-among-celtics-greats/

i think 4th is about right. once he gets another ring or passes hondo in scoring, he should get into 3rd. if he gets 2 more rings and is the mvo in both finals and pass hondo in scoring, he should get to #2. once he gets 5 rings, finishes in top 5 in all-time nba scoring, top 5 in celtic rebounding, steals and assists, then after he retires wins 2 rings as the head coach of the team and then somehow becomes mayor of the city or Democrat  governor of the state then he can get into the #1 discussion!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: PIERCE is ranked 4th best in team history, how high could he get?

" i think 4th is about right.

Agreed - congrats to Pierce, tonight was a proud night for him and the franchise. He stuck with the Celts through some very dark days indeed. 

"once he gets another ring or passes hondo in scoring, he should get into 3rd"

Hmmm...I dunno. I think he'd have to do both to move to third, and I don't see him passing hondo in scoring, don't think it can happen. Another ring, maybe. I'll say two more rings and/or one ring and passing hondo. For now he's a very solid fourth and that's a great place to be for now, and forever. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrJohnnyMost. Show MrJohnnyMost's posts

Unfortunately for PP, a lot of us Celtic fans look at titles. Add some un-Celtic like behavior and PP can do no better than 4th. But is that a knock???

Not at all. This franchise has had several all time greats. PP is one of them.... just not the greatest. I'm with Tommy. He's the greatest and most versatile scorer.

That ain't bad.

Congratulations PP!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptChris. Show CaptChris's posts

Hype is a killer.  Reality is always hard to take.

Bird was a 50% shooter with a bum back.  PP is a healthy 45% shooter.

Bird had 69 Triple/Doubles.  PP has 7.

Tommy is paid well to Hype the product.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

4th is about right!!  Maybe even 5th or 6th!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

all PP must do is average 16.1 points over the next 3 years and he passes HONDO in scoring, how is that not doable? he should play at an elite level over the next 4 years with that old man game. as for triple doubles, is there any doubt if the offense was run through him as its been lately with rr out that he would be threatening triple-double records? plus both ray and esp KG are very unselfish.. mchale and parish were like brandon bass.. they caught it, it went up regardless...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom2. Show proftom2's posts

Russell, Hondo, Larry, Cousy, Paul....

Only reason Paul is not #2 is number of banners won by the teams he's on.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Pierce over McHale? Pierce over Heinsohn? Pierce over Cowens? Pierce over Silas? Russell and Bird will always be the indisputable No. 1 and 2, respectively. After them, it's debatable. A case could be made for ranking Pierce as high as third. A case could also be made for having him as low as 10th. It's tough to compare players across eras and positions. We also need to set ground rules for minimum number of years as a Celtic. Otherwise Pierce isn't even the best Celtic on the current roster.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to PIERCE is ranked 4th best in team history, how high could he get?:
    [QUOTE]http://greenstreet.weei.com/sports/boston/basketball/celtics/2012/02/06/where-does-paul-pierce-rank-among-celtics-greats/ i think 4th is about right. once he gets another ring or passes hondo in scoring, he should get into 3rd. if he gets 2 more rings and is the mvo in both finals and pass hondo in scoring, he should get to #2. once he gets 5 rings, finishes in top 5 in all-time nba scoring, top 5 in celtic rebounding, steals and assists, then after he retires wins 2 rings as the head coach of the team and then somehow becomes mayor of the city or Democrat  governor of the state then he can get into the #1 discussion!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

I think it depends on who is dealer is and how much his heart can stand?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

In Response to Re: PIERCE is ranked 4th best in team history, how high could he get?:
    [QUOTE]Russell, Hondo, Larry, Cousy, Paul.... Only reason Paul is not #2 is number of banners won by the teams he's on.  
    Posted by proftom2[/QUOTE]

That sounds about right...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Russell, Bird, Cousy, Hondo, Cowens, Mchale, Maybe Sam jones, anywhere after that!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertmont. Show vertmont's posts

My all time 5 greats in Green.
    1) Russell - Best to ever play the game...
    2) Hondo - Greatest Celtic scorer of All Time.
    3) Bird - Greatest Basketball knowledge next to Russell.
    4) Cousy - Best play maker the C's have had to date.
    5) D.J. - Next in Basketball knowledge next to Russell and Bird.

This is just my opinion and have had the chance to all of them play live except Cousy.
    PP is a very good Celtic but i would have a hard time putting in the top 10 or 15 in Celtic history. Again just my opinion. Congrats though to PP.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptChris. Show CaptChris's posts

Try this one.  PP has played on Celtic teams having a 54% wining record.  He has been a scorer on losing teams for most of his career.

Check the winning % of Celtic teams with Russell, Cousy, Hondo, Tommy, Sam, Kevin, Robert, Dennis, Dave, etc..

PP played his whole career without the hand-check used against him and had the "3" pt. shot aavailable. Hondo never had the "3" pt.s shot available, and was hand-checked his whole career.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: PIERCE is ranked 4th best in team history, how high could he get?:
    [QUOTE]Otherwise Pierce isn't even the best Celtic on the current roster.
    Posted by davidap[/QUOTE]
    great point.. weeei was doing an isue on this today about who's career has been better, pp or KG? i frankly would take Paul"s.he's the most indispensable and best celtic. better than both ray and kg. he's more clutch and can create his own shot from anywhere on the floor. pp is in the top 5 all-time in the nba for versatility and game diversity!you mis-underestimate how great pp is and has been and can still be!