Pierce is shooting 38% from the field

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Pierce is shooting 38% from the field

In response to Kirk6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ouch!

He is shooting 45% from the three point line, so his shooting inside the line is terrible.

It seems like everytime he drives, he gets his shot blocked.

[/QUOTE]

Kirk I am with you on this. Pierce is getting his points and killing the team.  His turnovers and forcing the ball where he can't go is what is so maddening about this team right now.  He needs his looks and squanders them.  Green should have been able to help with being a force but he as disappeared.  Bradley it turns out was a dynamic on the team that changed things for the better and made everyone more effective. If he does not come back soon we will have a lot of losses we did not expect before the season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Ouch!

He is shooting 45% from the three point line, so his shooting inside the line is terrible.

[/QUOTE]

Kirk I am with you on this. Pierce is getting his points and killing the team.  His turnovers and forcing the ball where he can't go is what is so maddening about this team right now.  He needs his looks and squanders them.  Green should have been able to help with being a force but he as disappeared.  Bradley it turns out was a dynamic on the team that changed things for the better and made everyone more effective. If he does not come back soon we will have a lot of losses we did not expect before the season.

[/QUOTE]

Since I am a Pierce fan I will chime in.  I usually stay out of these threads because so many people already have their minds made up on him. Here goes anyway.
    Averagining 20 pts a game on 15 shots. As good as most of the guys above him in pts per game.  Also number 11 in PPG this year. Ahead of quite a few younger good players.  His reboundings is better this year than his career totals, his assists are nearly identical, his turnovers are two a game, down from career totals. Kobe by the way is twice as many turnovers per game.  Yes his shooting has been off but has made up for it shooting great from 3 pt range, and doing something no one else on our team does, gets to the line.  Save average number attempts as throughout his career. Will his shooting pickup?  I don't have any doubts it will.  Maybe some of you think he will keep shooting 38%. Is he slowing down,  yea a little. Is he still our best one on one player?  I think so.
    His defense, while on the outside looks bad, people should look a little closer. I watch him so I know. His guys scores yes, especially on threes. You want to guess how many times he sags toward the goal to help out on someones man that has taken it to the paint?   A lot.  He usually ends up getting his hand in their face but they are hitting it anyway. If he stayed out with his guy I guess maybe his guy wouldn't score and maybe the point guard or shooting guard from the other team would make the points. I bet you Doc thinks he is playing it right though. And small ball, when he is matched up with someone 4-5 inches taller.  I suppose he is suppose to shut them down as well.
    What bothers me is posters saying he is playing terrible.  Thats not true. He can play better yes but terrible is flat wrong. Even saw he played bad last night.  Maybe you should look at the boxscore. Just like Rondo, Pierce is just part of the problem. but both of them have a lot more positives than negatives.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Ouch!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Since I am a Pierce fan I will chime in.  I usually stay out of these threads because so many people already have their minds made up on him. Here goes anyway.
    Averagining 20 pts a game on 15 shots. As good as most of the guys above him in pts per game.  Also number 11 in PPG this year. Ahead of quite a few younger good players.  His reboundings is better this year than his career totals, his assists are nearly identical, his turnovers are two a game, down from career totals. Kobe by the way is twice as many turnovers per game.  Yes his shooting has been off but has made up for it shooting great from 3 pt range, and doing something no one else on our team does, gets to the line.  Save average number attempts as throughout his career. Will his shooting pickup?  I don't have any doubts it will.  Maybe some of you think he will keep shooting 38%. Is he slowing down,  yea a little. Is he still our best one on one player?  I think so.
    His defense, while on the outside looks bad, people should look a little closer. I watch him so I know. His guys scores yes, especially on threes. You want to guess how many times he sags toward the goal to help out on someones man that has taken it to the paint?   A lot.  He usually ends up getting his hand in their face but they are hitting it anyway. If he stayed out with his guy I guess maybe his guy wouldn't score and maybe the point guard or shooting guard from the other team would make the points. I bet you Doc thinks he is playing it right though. And small ball, when he is matched up with someone 4-5 inches taller.  I suppose he is suppose to shut them down as well.
    What bothers me is posters saying he is playing terrible.  Thats not true. He can play better yes but terrible is flat wrong. Even saw he played bad last night.  Maybe you should look at the boxscore. Just like Rondo, Pierce is just part of the problem. but both of them have a lot more positives than negatives.

[/QUOTE]

You've got to be more than just a pierce fan!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

I think a lot of it has do with spacing. Every time he drives hes smothered and he either gets blocked or the ball gets stripped.   Hes drove into double and triple teams so many times this year. Like kirk said he would play better with terry and bass in the lineup, since they will create more space for pp drives.