Pierce is starting to scare me.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from df2. Show df2's posts

Pierce is starting to scare me.

I have watched Paul for his entire Celtics career. I have never seen him string 3 games like this together. This is more than the flu. Maybe it is just the worst slump of his career. But maybe he's hurt.

I know some of you guys like to rag on Pierce for reasons I will never understand. But he is this team's best player. And without a healthy Pierce the Celtics can forget about winning a title this year.

So let's hope it's nothing major. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from allen2034. Show allen2034's posts

Re: Pierce is starting to scare me.

I totally agree with you...pierce always is our best player during the playoffs...hope he gets healthy !

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

You took it strong to the hole Df2!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from alaricjr. Show alaricjr's posts

The comment of JamezHill24 confirms how great Paul Pierce really is.  He (Pierce) consistently spoils seemingly great players (they are such mainly due to publicity) and it infuriates diehard fans like JamezHill24 (a Lebron Jamez or Kobe #24 fanatic).  Perhaps this guy has a Piercephobia, the fear of seeing Paul Pierce crushing his idol.

The only remedy to this fear is to embrace the Truth, and the Truth will set him free.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from spewey. Show spewey's posts

I think Pierce will be fine-not so sure about the JamezHill guy.  Somebody must have pizzed in his Cheeriozzz.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulliu. Show paulliu's posts

Pierce is obvioulsy dinged up.  He had an MRI on his foot.   Let's hope it's nothing serious.

This team has done remarkably well considering all the injuries they've had.  A little R&R over the all-star break can only help.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Have not heard anything other that he had the MRI and there was a problem with his shooting hand. Paul will be fine. I think some well deserved rest is in order.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

he didnt have it yet, he is having it today.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Pierce is starting to scare me.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Pierce is starting to scare me. : Hopefully it's the foot and other assorted bumps and bruises, partially due to logging more minutes than he should after 10+ years in the league.  The funny thing is even with all of the misses (some of them way off) he was still being guarded as if the next one was going in.  So at least he's still keeping the floor spread.
    Posted by jallen3531[/QUOTE]

Just his presence took the Heats best defensive player out of the team defense concept. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PACelt. Show PACelt's posts

It's tough not having a back up SF.

PA

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Along with a flu bug did you see him favoring his foot as he ran up and down the court? I would venture to say of all the big three if anyone is sure to come back is the gym rat Paul Pierce. Nonsense to suggest otherwise.  Garnett would not have played if he was in PP's condition.   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

lol, probly shouldnt have insulted you. but come on, the guy is ailing with foot and hand injuries...plus he has the flu..mri today said neither injury is serious and will go away in time. all star break is one game away..all im sayin is the guy has had much worse injuries than this and has been fine. obviously we cant win a ship without pierce, but i wouldnt worry about him, he will be fine.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

MRI negative on PP.  Bruised heel.  That's good news.
    Post all star break I'm hopin Shaq's better and we got that backup SF

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

I don't think its fair to question Paul's toughness (whoever is). These guys play with alot of stuff that we probably don't hear about. I think you have to give the player the benefit of the doubt. And don't cry about how much their making. Whoever doesn't like it don't watch the games, don't go to the games and don't buy the stuff they put out.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Pierce is starting to scare me. : Hopefully it's the foot and other assorted bumps and bruises, partially due to logging more minutes than he should after 10+ years in the league.  The funny thing is even with all of the misses (some of them way off) he was still being guarded as if the next one was going in.  So at least he's still keeping the floor spread.
    Posted by jallen3531[/QUOTE]

Pierce's entire Feb stats are down (especially shooting percentage).  PP can have one or two bad games but rare that it goes on for 2 full weeks.  So, I'm not surprised that its the bumps and bruises.

One thing I don't agree with folks on, however, is this comment of playing too many minutes.  Paul is not a league leader in minutes.  His minutes are fine.  In fact, one can get stress and tired kind of injuries from too many minutes.  But, a bruised foot where someone hits your foot and hits your hand happens and it has NOTHING to do with minutes.  it can happen in the first minute of the game.  It happens to young players and old players.  Its part of the game.

I hope the Captain recovers well and I hope he takes some time to heal.  But, I don't think his injury comes from too many minutes.   Its just an injury that can happen to ANYONE whether you play 20 minutes of 40 minutes.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TPETTEWAY1. Show TPETTEWAY1's posts

[QUOTE]That's funny. Someone that can't grasp the concept of capitalization calling other people stupid. If you don't like what I write then don't read it. Put me on ignore. It's not that hard. That's what you would do if you weren't a complete f ucking d ouchebag. If you honestly think anything you have to say is going to have any effect on whether or not I post here you are insane. I will post here tomorrow if I feel like it. And the day after. And when they ban me for calling you a f ucking d ouchebag, I will create another account and post some more. And there isn't a damn thing you can do about it. So take your meds and calm the hell down. J ackass.
    Posted by df2[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Pierce will go for thirty Wed.you 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

df2, He's in his 30s...Doc needs to get him some rest, which preferrably means Danny needs to get a backup 3 otherwise Doc has to come up with some small ball lineup with Wafer, West trying to play the three (who else is there?) for the second unit...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]I totally agree with you...pierce always is our best player during the playoffs...hope he gets healthy !
    Posted by allen2034[/QUOTE]

You got that right.  KY you see that!!!!!!!!!!!  Keep your eyes open bub.