Pierce Jam vs. Toronto

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: Pierce Jam vs. Toronto

Too bad some Celtic fans only show up when Pierce struggles.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Pierce Jam vs. Toronto:
    [QUOTE]Too bad some Celtic fans only show up when Pierce struggles.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Yea he had one bad game and admitted it, but a couple had to point out how he didn't step up in the last game.  They just take him for granted.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Bad game is one thing, not trying is something else!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

He played Great tonight and that slam was unheard of. He slammed it on their 2 big men and elevated so high. Crazy slam.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

So can someone tell me what happened on that second jam?  I was stuck with the Toronto feed, and their announcers didn't say squat when Pierce went hobbling off. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE] Bad game is one thing, not trying is something else!!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

That's because you're a Paul Pierce hater. 

Pierce was man enough to take the blame when the Celtics lost to the Hornets. Then he bounced back by scoring 30 points against the Raptors. 

Pierce had a great game today and this is your reaction, "Bad game is one thing, not trying is something else!!"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pierce Jam vs. Toronto : That's because you're a Paul Pierce hater.  Pierce was man enough to take the blame when the Celtics lost against the Hornets. Then he bounced back by scoring 30 points against the Raptors.  Pierce had a great game today and this is what you have to say, "Bad game is one thing, not trying is something else!!"
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Pierce was man enough to admit he didn't try, are you man enough to admit it?

Oh yeah, you forgot to mention Mikki Moore!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pierce Jam vs. Toronto :    Pierce was man enough to admit he didn't try, are you man enough to admit it?  Oh yeah, you forgot to mention Mikki Moore!!!

The Celtics got a win, Pierce had a great game, and you're miserable? The rest of Celtic nation is happy that the Celtics won today. It's pretty obvious now that every time Pierce shines you're not happy. And you call yourself a Celtic fan.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

P34, I am one poster who "blamed" our lost to NO primarily on Pierce and I noted my reasons.  In a nutshell, I felt in a winnable game, as our leader, he did not step up.  It starts with Pierce especially with KG out and Rondo hurt.

Today, Pierce stepped up.  I've said all along, he is our leader.  KG is the inspiration and Rondo is the glue that holds it together.  But Pierce is our LEADER, always has been.  When Pierce plays aggressive and doesn't wait for the game to "come to him", he can still dominate a game.  With KG out, everybody has to play better and it starts with Pierce.  Today is exactly what I'm talking about.  Shout out to Ray too.

I'll take 20 FG out of 33 FGA and 6 for 8 from 3-point distance from Pierce and Ray ANY DAY.  They led today and made sure the Celtics would not lose.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pierce Jam vs. Toronto : The Celtics got a win, Pierce had a great game, and you're miserable? The rest of Celtic nation is happy that the Celtics won today. It's pretty obvious now that every time Pierce shines you're not happy. And you call yourself a Celtic fan.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

If that's the best you can come up with, it's time you turned it over to lightsaber. You practice and we'll try again soon!!  In the mean time, try to get over your Mikki Moore obsession!!  HAHAHA!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]P34, I am one poster who "blamed" our lost to NO primarily on Pierce and I noted my reasons.  In a nutshell, I felt in a winnable game, as our leader, he did not step up.  It starts with Pierce especially with KG out and Rondo hurt. Today, Pierce stepped up.  I've said all along, he is our leader.  KG is the inspiration and Rondo is the glue that holds it together.  But Pierce is our LEADER, always has been.  When Pierce plays aggressive and doesn't wait for the game to "come to him", he can still dominate a game.  With KG out, everybody has to play better and it starts with Pierce.  Today is exactly what I'm talking about.  Shout out to Ray too. I'll take 20 FG out of 33 FGA and 6 for 8 from 3-point distance from Pierce and Ray ANY DAY.  They led today and made sure the Celtics would not lose.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

The difference is, Petey, you're happy while kyceltic is miserable. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pierce Jam vs. Toronto :    If that's the best you can come up with, it's time you turned it over to lightsaber. You practice and we'll try again soon!!  In the mean time, try to get over your Mikki Moore obsession!!  HAHAHA!!!

It was BiasLewis that said the Celtics should sign Mikki Moore.

Again, the Celtics got a win and Pierce had a great game. Then you come out here telling everyone that Pierce is not trying hard enough. It's pretty obvious you hate Paul Pierce. And you call yourself a Celtic fan. Hmm... 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Will you guys please take it outside?  This thread was started in appreciation of the captain's jam.  And I'm still waiting to hear if anyone has news on what happened to Pierce.  Thank you.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Will you guys please take it outside?  This thread was started in appreciation of the captain's jam.  And I'm still waiting to hear if anyone has news on what happened to Pierce.  Thank you.
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]

Pierce had a great game, the Celtics won, and Pierce DUNKED on 2 opposing players, but look at kyceltic's reaction. 

"Bad game is one thing, not trying is something else!!"

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

I repeat, enough already P34.  Pierce went hobbling off after the second jam.  What happened??

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

This one's for Fierce. He was last seen leaving the Arena in a wheelchair!!

When asked if he would miss any games, Doc laughed and said, you do know that was Paul don't you!!   HAHAHA!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]I repeat, enough already P34.  Pierce went hobbling off after the second jam.  What happened??
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]

I checked out csnne, Globe, Herald, ESPN, and Celticshub but there's no report saying that Pierce got hurt. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE] This one's for Fierce. He was last seen leaving the Arena in a wheelchair!!  When asked if he would miss any games, Doc laughed and said, you do know that was Paul don't you!!   HAHAHA!!!

On the Celtics last possession with the Hornets leading by 2, 83-81, who was the Celtic player that missed that 3-pointer with 5.9 seconds remaining?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Thanks for the info, P34.  You guys can continue your feud now.  I'm outta here. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pierce Jam vs. Toronto : On the Celtics last possession with the Hornets leading by 2, 83-81, who was the Celtic player that missed that 3-pointer with 5.9 seconds remaining?
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

You're starting to panic!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pierce Jam vs. Toronto :  You're starting to panic!!

It's a simple question, who missed the last shot of the game against the Hornets?

That same player who missed also didn't even bother to go after his miss. Who was he?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pierce Jam vs. Toronto : The difference is, Petey, you're happy while kyceltic is miserable. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

P34, you got that right.  I am very happy with Pierce's play today.  I'm also happy with Ray's play.  And we got 13 pts and 11 rebs from the center position and Baby almost messed around and got a triple double.  Quis will redeem himself tomorrow night.  I love Nate but I can't wait til Delonte returns.  Nate is completely out of his element.  I can't wait to see him settle in and hit 4 jump shots in a game.  He is struggling.

And I am beginning to really like Luke's game.  I hope Doc gets him more minutes because he really plays well.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayallen1. Show rayallen1's posts

That was an awesome jam, but I get worried when Pierce goes strong into the lane like that, he's not a young spring chicken anymore, and he has been going strong without regard for his body of late....I really appreciate the aggressiveness, but still, I cringed whenever he takes it in like that...have my fingers cross.

I know he hurt himself on that last dunk....hope he is ok. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

[QUOTE]Will you guys please take it outside?  This thread was started in appreciation of the captain's jam.  And I'm still waiting to hear if anyone has news on what happened to Pierce.  Thank you.
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]I didn't hear anything on the news about it, but I did watch the replay in slow motion a few times.  He clearly turned his right ankle on the landing.  My take is it wasn't a bad sprain just because he did not end up on the floor.  Usually, if it is a bad sprain the player goes all off balance or out of preservation instinct ends up going down to the floor.  He actually seemed to hop up and down on the ankle he turned immediately after turning it so, my take is if that was in the first quarter he would have played the rest of the game.