PIERCE OR ALLEN IN 3-POINT CONTEST?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

PIERCE OR ALLEN IN 3-POINT CONTEST?

i am rolling with pp to have the better performance and frankly to win the whole thing again. although ray won back in 2000 without pp in there, by being a jump shooter as opposed to a set shooter like pp, it could hurt him. it helped bird win 3-straight, pp could be on his way. you do not use as much energy over the course of the contest. although i would want ray to take the big 3 during the course of the game, when pp gets hot his highs are often higher than rays and most players. ray is more level and consistent but in a contest like this if you can hit your moneyballs and 4 or 5 in a row, that could be enough.  

same way i wanted ainge taking the big 3 over bird during most parts of the game, i like it when ray does likewise, but this contest favors the birds and pierces. same way it helped cement bird's legacy, it should help pp accomplish the same thing! if i were him, i would come out and not even take out my warm up jacket! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayallen1. Show rayallen1's posts

Re: PIERCE OR ALLEN IN 3-POINT CONTEST?

Just Bring it Pierce!!!!

Ray Allen wins!!!  - Nuff Said.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: PIERCE OR ALLEN IN 3-POINT CONTEST?:
    [QUOTE]Just Bring it Pierce!!!! Ray Allen wins!!!  - Nuff Said.
    Posted by rayallen1[/QUOTE]

Ray may very well win but Paul has won 1 out of 2 times he has particpated and Ray has won 1 out of 5.  Doesn't sound like a shoe in to me.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Either one would be good for the orgainization.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

I'm going Ray, Ray all the way.  Sentimental favorite.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

It will create a division in the team which will destroy our chances of winning the title.  I do not like any of this.

Maybe we should trade one of them before the contest to avoid this disaster

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EddieinOregon. Show EddieinOregon's posts

The old timers might say that Bill Sharman was the best shooter of all. But the C's were a running team and with only 2 points awarded for long shots, they were going to the hoop. Still, I saw Sharman late in his career and he was a pure shooter. Who'd have thought back then that one day teams would be rewarded for walking the ball up court, staying way back from the basket and arching long shots instead of attacking. The three-pointer took the urgency and fast break out of the game, sadly.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driscoll92587. Show Driscoll92587's posts

I have to give it to Paul because his shot is built for the 3 point contest.  Ray's shot consists of alot of leg power and he hits the majority of his threes in a fluid motion off of a pass.  Paul is more of a spot up shooter and won't burn out as fast because his shot is more upper body, taking less energy to shoot.