Pierce Perk and a #1 for Carmelo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driscoll92587. Show Driscoll92587's posts

Re: Pierce Perk and a #1 for Carmelo

In Response to Re: Pierce Perk and a #1 for Carmelo:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pierce Perk and a #1 for Carmelo :  If Danny made this trade, i think he would be smart enough to get a 3 or 4 year contract signed!!  No... Yeah.  Can Perkins leave at the end of the season?  In the weakest draft in years, and with us picking around 30th, what kind of talent do you think we would be giving up?
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

Without Perkins, Who covers Dwight Howard in the post season?

And who's worried about the talent in next year's draft? Our championship season is happening now.

Moreover, Melo is going to go to the Knicks next year (or as soon as feb 24).  So I don't care how smart DA is, there would be no way Melo would ever sign with anyone else besides the Knicks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from richardkc. Show richardkc's posts

In Response to Pierce Perk and a #1 for Carmelo:
    [QUOTE] If we had Melo, we wouldn't have to worry about getting someone to back him up!!!  What a team, no one could stop us!!!  HAHAHA!!!!!!!  The best part is in 2 years, we have 2 stars, Melo and Rondo, just hitting their peak years, and money opening up for KG and Ray!!  What do you think about that one Bias!!!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

CELTICS PRIDE --- WE DONT NEED MELO ..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

Paul Pierce is still a very good player, but at his age (33) has limited trade value.  Perk is coming off an injury and at his best is a  B to B+ player.  The Celtics #1 draft choice (their own) will probably be very low and almost worth a high second.  Boston would be robbing the Nuggets blind.
                 Why would Denver want to make this trade?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

KyCeltic mentioned that he is from Kentucky.  His mix and match of pro sport teams while a mystery I think his Celtic fandom most probably is because Antoine Walker is from from Kentucky.

While that makes sense his blindness to performance on the court is amazing.

Paul Pierce is so far beyond Walker. He should at least admit that it is personal and not based on reality.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Delete thread and ban who started this nonsense. Another full time troll.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bilalkazmi. Show bilalkazmi's posts

[QUOTE]Careful, you're gonna get run out of here for suggesting a trade of Pierce, who is not only the best player in the NBA (wayyy better than Melo, because Pierce has won a championship and is the most clutch player since Larry Bird, Bill Russell, and Bob Cousy) but a lifelong Celtic and he cannot be traded no matter how much sense it makes and how much it will help the future.
    Posted by CVD2312[/QUOTE]

Melo has a nice game, but can he play team ball?  Can he be okay taking far fewer shots than he is used to taking?  The experiment with Allen Iverson and Melo wasn't able to translate into the success Nuggets were looking for (they weren't expected to win, but were at least expected to have more success and go deeper in the playoffs).  Was Iverson to blame for the less than expected result?  Or was it Melo?  Or was it both?

Knowing what I know about Melo, I will be surprised if he is okay with sacrificing his game.  He strikes me as a really immature person that may have trouble making the adjustment that Celtics require him to make.

Also, someone earlier indicated that Melo will hit his peak in a couple years.  INCORRECT.  He has already hit it.  In a couple years, Melo's game will start to deteriorate.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bilalkazmi. Show bilalkazmi's posts

[QUOTE]Paul Pierce is still a very good player, but at his age (33) has limited trade value.  Perk is coming off an injury and at his best is a  B to B+ player.  The Celtics #1 draft choice (their own) will probably be very low and almost worth a high second.  Boston would be robbing the Nuggets blind.              Why would Denver want to make this trade?
    Posted by cavaliersfan[/QUOTE]

Are you serious?  What are the possible options for Nuggets.  As soon as a player announces that no matter what happens, we will play for the Knicks and given his upcoming free agency, that player loses most of his trade value.

For the Nuggets, time is of the essence.  Why would the Knicks give up important pieces to trade for Melo when they can wait till free agency?

Why would any other team give up valuable pieces for Melo when he may leave them at the end of this season.

Melo's trade value is not very high at this point.  If they could get Perkins, Pierce and a #1 inexchange for Melo, that would be a steal for the Nuggets at this point.  Not that I would want Melo on my team.  He is the equivalent of a cancer to team chemistry.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]Paul Pierce is still a very good player, but at his age (33) has limited trade value.  Perk is coming off an injury and at his best is a  B to B+ player.  The Celtics #1 draft choice (their own) will probably be very low and almost worth a high second.  Boston would be robbing the Nuggets blind.              Why would Denver want to make this trade?
    Posted by cavaliersfan[/QUOTE]

You mean there are teams out there, who wouldn't trade their super star for pierce!!!!  How dare you!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]KyCeltic mentioned that he is from Kentucky.  His mix and match of pro sport teams while a mystery I think his Celtic fandom most probably is because Antoine Walker is from from Kentucky. While that makes sense his blindness to performance on the court is amazing. Paul Pierce is so far beyond Walker. He should at least admit that it is personal and not based on reality.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

What reality? kyceltic still sees Antoine Walker every time he sees Marquis Daniels on the court.

HAHAHA!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

KYTROLL

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

off topic here.

OneOnOne, what is your picture there?  It's not pierce in a wheelchair is it?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigBaby11. Show BigBaby11's posts

This discussion is purposely antagonizing people on this forum. It's called internet trolling. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

here we go with another classic braindead post! melo plays ZERO defense and is lousy 3 point artist and a very INEFFICIENT scorer! scored 50 with ZERO assists in another loss! clearly overall as a pure scorer, i would  take melo.. unfortunately there are other facets to the game esp in becoming a winner. on D, would take pp.. passing, same deal... being a leader, pp hands down... wont make this trade 1 for 1 if bith had the same salary! adding perk and a first rounder is insane! go bak to the drawing board and stop embarassing yourself! yep y not trade rondo and perk and a first rounder for jason kidd? or nash? come on man, you can do better than that!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pierce Perk and a #1 for Carmelo : Are you serious?  What are the possible options for Nuggets.  As soon as a player announces that no matter what happens, we will play for the Knicks and given his upcoming free agency, that player loses most of his trade value. For the Nuggets, time is of the essence.  Why would the Knicks give up important pieces to trade for Melo when they can wait till free agency? Why would any other team give up valuable pieces for Melo when he may leave them at the end of this season. Melo's trade value is not very high at this point.  If they could get Perkins, Pierce and a #1 inexchange for Melo, that would be a steal for the Nuggets at this point.  Not that I would want Melo on my team.  He is the equivalent of a cancer to team chemistry.
    Posted by bilalkazmi[/QUOTE]
    I can see your point.  I have not read everything important there is to read about Melo and a possible trade.  If Melo has done or said anything to diminish his value significantly, then the Nuggets would be wise to accept this trade.  Thanks for responding in an intelligent manner. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]off topic here. OneOnOne, what is your picture there?  It's not pierce in a wheelchair is it?
    Posted by jofc[/QUOTE]

yes just for grins

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from gocharles. Show gocharles's posts

Paul Pierce can't be traded for Melo. Even though Melo will give more offense power, Pierce is better overall, defensively and off-court. Moreover, Melo doesn't yet have the maturity to lead a team.