PIERCE SHOULD WIN LEAGUE MVP.. NBA PLUS/MINUS LEADER BY FAR + NOW IS THE PLAYER OF THE WEEK!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

PIERCE SHOULD WIN LEAGUE MVP.. NBA PLUS/MINUS LEADER BY FAR + NOW IS THE PLAYER OF THE WEEK!

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4681409/rapid-reaction-celtics-89-bucks-83#more

per usual, he's doing his best work when it counts the most. if i hear another idiot push the cause for bron or wade for mvp i will reach into my tv, radio or computer and rip out someone's tongue and feed it to their dog for dinner... when you cant beat anyone in close games or have a losing record versus winning teams or you shoot 1-11 so far (james) in the final 10 seconds when games are in the balance and 0-6 (wade), its a joke to ever be mentioned as MVP for anything.

pierce on the other hand is the leader of the team with the best record in his conference and leads the LEAGUE in +/- by far... that says a lot for what kind of a team player that guy is and has been! its about the TEAM, and no one is helping his team better than pp.. if it were the best player of the year award, i would look towards other guys like kobe, derrick rose, or kevin durant. to me the MVP should be between dwight howard (depending on where they finish and how many techs he ends up with and how many games he is ultimately suspended for), pierce, dirk and rose... period!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: REASON PIERCE SHOULD BE CONSIDERED FOR MVP!

Think of how many time Paul (or even Ray)  have had to play with a depleted second unit for 8 minutes a game and watch us lose a lead most of the time.  Imagine his plus minus if that part didn't figure into it .  It would be mind boggling.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Pierce wont get much consideration for MVP cause there are too many good players on this team and his stats arent spectacular.

Yet, hes the guy taking the ball when we need a big bucket and he usually delivers. Ray hots alot of big ones too but PP is the only one who can create his shot from anywhere on the court and get to the line.

Hes having a great season and looks full of energy still. Now with Green on board, maybe he gets more breaks to prepare for the playoffs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: REASON PIERCE SHOULD BE CONSIDERED FOR MVP!:
    [QUOTE]Pierce wont get much consideration for MVP cause there are too many good players on this team and his stats arent spectacular. Yet, hes the guy taking the ball when we need a big bucket and he usually delivers. Ray hots alot of big ones too but PP is the only one who can create his shot from anywhere on the court and get to the line. Hes having a great season and looks full of energy still. Now with Green on board, maybe he gets more breaks to prepare for the playoffs.
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

Your right no Celtic will get votes for MVP.  The media are too hung up on people like KOME getting 26 pts on 26 shots, or  Mebron choking down the stretch every game but having his guady numbers.  No the media doesn't care about winning that is why no Celtic or Spur will even be close.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

you put pierce in miami with wade, their record is instantly better than the celtics, they shoot better in the last 10 seconds, and no way they lose to so many good teams! miami makes the best case to include pierce in the MVP discussion! 50-40-85 also does.. shooting 50% from field, close to 40% from 3 and over 85% from the field. plus rebounding better than he has in like 7 years and making all the right passes. he's the ultimate whatever man.. need rebounds, he's got that. need passes, here we go (did you see that blind pass from last night versus bucks), want a 3, no problem. want to electrify the crowd with an explosive dunk, now that he has his legs again and is at full health, over and over again the answer BOOYA!

you put pierce in LA this season, no way they go through such an up and down year or lose in the finals as they will when they have been relatively healthy all year! a pierce is the ultimate difference between winning and losing in this league! good thing we are the ONLY team in basketball right now with one! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Communist, your logic is correct, but that's not the logic for selection of the MVP.

The key will be stats on a winning team and how much one player carries them.  Rose, Durant, kobe, and Mebron all have much better stats than Pierce.   Paul plays within a system but the others sort of "make the system" for their team.  With the exception of Kobe and the Lakers, I think their team concept is not as good as ours.....but the sportswriters and fans will get awed by the stats.   We don't have a big stats man on this team so no one on this team will get consideration.   

Look at the first year the Big 3 were together.  They DOMINATED the league and still were not the favorites in the championship series (Lakers were favored) and Celtics had no real challengers in the MVP race.

But, we don't care - cause we're about winning, no individual awards.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

On a separate Paul Pierce note.....has everyone noticed how often and how aggressively he's dunked the ball since he got that positive MRI?   He has been a man possessed.  He's playing as if to say:  "don't think I can't take your a-- to the hole and dunk on you" to every team.   Haven't seen this much athletic energy out of Paul in a while.  Wow is he versatile - free throw shooting, FG %, 3 point %, defense, dunks, passes well, and very durable (what -3rd on the all time Celtic list in minutes?).   NBA Hall of Fame stuff.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Pierce for MVP???????? Muahahahahahaha
    Posted by Laker-Nation32[/QUOTE]

We would rather have a dude shoot 26 time for 26 points and only care about individual glory more than winning.  Ring a bell?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

This has been the best year in Pierce's  career. Not stats wise, but overall command of the game he has on his teamates and opponents...he has made so made important shots, steals etc that won games at important times...

I bought his rookie card today, but gave it to my brother...should of kept it...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from b126962. Show b126962's posts

[QUOTE]Pierce for MVP???????? Muahahahahahaha
    Posted by Laker-Nation32[/QUOTE]
    LOL! I suppose you would want Kobe to be MVP, lol, Pierce has had a better year than Kobe, and is peaking at the age of 33 while Kobe is already declining at 32. In a few years the arguement will not be Kobe vs Lebron, it will be Lebron vs Durant.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

If we win the championship I'd see it being b/c Rondo put in some of his near trip-dub #'s like in the '09 Bulls series and last year vs. Cleve.

If he's puts up the freak 16p-17a-11r-5s games in 2-3 of the 4 wins in the finals, with a steady 13-12-6-2 line in the other 3-4 games, he prob gets the MVP.

But any of the big 3 can come up huge. I'd see multiple 5-8 from 3 and 27 point games from Ray and 22-13 games from KG w/ a couple blocks/steals and assists. 

Paul will simply avg. 22p-7r-4a-2s-1b in the playoffs, shoot 50-40-90 and be steady and the glue of this team. That is why he is the captain.

And if we get those averages from EACH of those guys in the same game, we are unstoppable.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Ky certianly looks more the fool with that article

most here know what a clown he is regards to Pierce, the ignorance is pretty out of this world, Toine a greater all-time Celtic... that is some drivel

But to routinely attack our captain for turnovers and hero ball, as he has he greatest +/- in the game BY FAR, is 3rd in points per poss. played thru injuries, bailed out the rest of the club on many off-nights, got in great shape and has made some nasty mid-00's type dunks... AND defended the best scorers with no good backup SF for half the season... well its been an MVP year in my book

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Pierce deserves at least a look. He really is having that kind of year. I did not think he had passing skills like he has shown.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

[QUOTE]No the media doesn't care about winning that is why no Celtic or Spur will even be close.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Were you born yesterday?  The media don't give a rat's azz about winning; it's all about the Ratings.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: REASON PIERCE SHOULD BE CONSIDERED FOR MVP! : Were you born yesterday?  The media don't give a rat's azz about winning; it's all about the Ratings.
    Posted by victorlee1234[/QUOTE]

Ratings? Like 1234? Or mic test 1234?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: REASON PIERCE SHOULD BE CONSIDERED FOR MVP! : Ratings? Like 1234? Or mic test 1234?
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Victor thinks his IQ is about 200!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

RE: PIERCE SHOULD WIN LEAGUE MVP.. PLUS/MINUS LEADER BY FAR + NOW IS THE NBA PLAYER OF THE WEEK!

PLAYER OF THE WEEK is mr. PAUL PIERCE! when we had no one and all these new guys had to be worked in, who took over.. mr. pierce. fellow pierce fans its not our imagination... he really has been that GOOOOOD! check out the dunk!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]If we win the championship I'd see it being b/c Rondo put in some of his near trip-dub #'s like in the '09 Bulls series and last year vs. Cleve. If he's puts up the freak 16p-17a-11r-5s games in 2-3 of the 4 wins in the finals, with a [/QUOTE]
    i expect paul to hit at least 2 buzzer winners in the finals and four overall in these playoffs. this team and the big 3 have never beeen this healthy: from garnett to ray (was coming off major foot surgery in' 07) and of course paul.. pp will not let this team lose in playoffs and esp NOT to the fakers again! i see a 2-time finals MVP.. ky and others.. put that in your hate pipe and smoke it like linda lovelace! 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: REASON PIERCE SHOULD BE CONSIDERED FOR MVP! : Were you born yesterday?  The media don't give a rat's azz about winning; it's all about the Ratings.
    Posted by victorlee1234[/QUOTE]

Hey Bozo I think thats what I said.  Are you too young to read or are you plain stupid?