play Sasha over Jeff Green.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

play Sasha over Jeff Green.

I'm desperate enough to see this at least when Pierce is not in the game to guard Lebron. If Pierce is out there I'm fine with Green guarding Jones when the Heat go small. But if Paul is on the bench Green Can't guard lebron. here is what happened when he did:

On Tuesday lebron hadn't scored until Jeff Green entered the game. Once Jeff Green came in, Lebron went off. Against Green, James made 8-of-12 field goals, scoring 17 points on a whooping 66% shooting. That's lights out. Pierce makes Lebron work for his shots. 

On one great defensive sequence. Dwayne Wade was double teamed and Jeff Green decided that Wade should be tripled teamed SO HE LEFT LEBRON JAMES to help with an already double teamed Wade. 

Result? layup Heat and lebron gets in a rhythm.

According to Tom King who wrote a nice article here:

Green only actively contested 2 of Lebron's 12 shots against him.

I think Doc has to make a change. Again, maybe he can guard James Jones when the heat go small, but that's it. Sasha competes on the defensive end. He may not be Tony Allen but we need someone to hold the fort down when Pierce is out of the game. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

Re: play Sasha over Jeff Green.

I don't think it's Sasha over Green. I think Baby needs to sit. He is a very bad match-up for us in the series, against that team.

I also agree with Doc in that we cannot let them get into the paint. That, to me, is the #1 thing to be fixed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: play Sasha over Jeff Green.:
    [QUOTE]I don't think it's Sasha over Green. I think Baby needs to sit. He is a very bad match-up for us in the series, against that team. I also agree with Doc in that we cannot let them get into the paint. That, to me, is the #1 thing to be fixed.
    Posted by cshashaty[/QUOTE]

Really? I mean, your opinion is cool and I'm not flaming or anything, but the man contested only 2 of the 12 times lebron shot against him. Lebron shot over 65% against Green. Green left James wide open to triple team Dwayne Wade (result layup Lebron). I mean, isn't Lebron James good enough that you should, maybe guard him instead of triple teaming another player who is a good passer? 

I'd be fine with Green playing power forward with Pierce on the court (to guard lebron) when James Jones is out there (green can guard Jones), but otherwise I can't understand why you think it's not a problem when one of our guys gets lit up that badly on the defensive end? Green scored 10 points in the first half then gave them all up and more on the defensive end. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

They need Green's athleticism and scoring off the bench. Badly. Baby is too slow, too easy to defend, and the Celtics have enough size to rebound without him in this series. If the Heat get Haslem back, it's a different conversation.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]They need Green's athleticism and scoring off the bench. Badly. Baby is too slow, too easy to defend, and the Celtics have enough size to rebound without him in this series. If the Heat get Haslem back, it's a different conversation.
    Posted by cshashaty[/QUOTE]

Lebron James didn't score until Green was on the court. Every offensive contributions Green gives us he gives back with interest on the defensive end. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Here is Tom Green's discussion on the matter and I think it is a good one.

"James did not record a field goal until Green entered the game for an injured Pierce with 5:05 left in the first quarter. After the substitution, James missed his first two shots, though both were high-percentage attempts.

The misses only encouraged James to be more aggressive. He called for the ball like a hungry Labrador retriever begging for table scraps. James scored his first basket with 3:03 left in the first quarter on an alley-oop from Wade. Green unwittingly ran into a back-screen and gave up on the play, looking for help from Davis, who clung to Anthony like a life-raft, ignoring James cutting freely to the hoop for an emphatic slam.

On the very next play, Green didn't even try to fight through a ball-screen, Davis didn't step up to help out, and James waltzed in for an easy deuce. Green's most egregious mistake of the first half came about a minute later.

Dwyane Wade penetrated along the baseline and was effectively double-teamed. At this time, Green decided two defenders wasn't enough, so he left James to triple-team Wade. To make things even worse--yes, it's possible--he ran two feet out-of-bounds, past Wade, who delivered an easy bounce pass to James, alone underneath the hoop.

James scored eight points in the final three minutes of the first quarter. With Green guarding him, James made 8-of-12 field goals, scoring 17 points. By this writer's count, Green contested just two of the 12 shots."

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Green is contributing offensively, but Jackie McMullen also wrote that he's overmatched against James. I could see Green on either Jones or (even) Wade, but he's a bad matchup with James for sure. He is playing well offensively, but seems a bit stupid about understanding rotational defense.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigJoedaddyBoston. Show BigJoedaddyBoston's posts

In Response to play Sasha over Jeff Green.:
    [QUOTE]I'm desperate enough to see this at least when Pierce is not in the game to guard Lebron. If Pierce is out there I'm fine with Green guarding Jones when the Heat go small. But if Paul is on the bench Green Can't guard lebron. here is what happened when he did: On Tuesday lebron hadn't scored until Jeff Green entered the game. Once Jeff Green came in, Lebron went off. Against Green,  James made 8-of-12 field goals, scoring 17 points on a whooping 66% shooting.  That's lights out. Pierce makes Lebron work for his shots.  On one great defensive sequence. Dwayne Wade was double teamed and Jeff Green decided that Wade should be tripled teamed SO HE LEFT LEBRON JAMES to help with an already double teamed Wade.  Result? layup Heat and lebron gets in a rhythm. According to Tom King who wrote a nice article here: http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2011/05/celtics_big_3_struggling_lebron_heat.html Green only actively contested 2 of Lebron's 12 shots against him. I think Doc has to make a change. Again, maybe he can guard James Jones when the heat go small, but that's it. Sasha competes on the defensive end. He may not be Tony Allen but we need someone to hold the fort down when Pierce is out of the game. 
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

Thank you for looking up those stats on Green's poor defense.   I saw this clear as day and was surprised that nobody else was talking about this.  Green is terrible on defense.   I don't know if Shasha is the answer but you are absolutely right on how bad green is especially when PP is on the bench.  PP did a great job on Lebron before he got hurt.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Green is contributing offensively, but Jackie McMullen also wrote that he's overmatched against James. I could see Green on either Jones or (even) Wade, but he's a bad matchup with James for sure. He is playing well offensively, but seems a bit stupid about understanding rotational defense.
    Posted by futbal[/QUOTE]

Green definitely has to improve his defensive effort.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

I guess we should  be sitting the entire starting five.......because it's not just Jeff Green. I find it interesting how everybody has piled on this guy. Maybe if we had Perk back he could defend Wade or LeBron. How about Ray Allen, Paul Pierce or Rondo's D on Bibby. Now, you want a joke, there it is!