playoff deadline for adding players?????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobbestgolf. Show bobbestgolf's posts

playoff deadline for adding players?????

I though there was a date by which teams could add players to be available for playoff use?? Anyone know what te rule is?? Comments please.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Re: playoff deadline for adding players?????

Are rosters set once the deadline has passed?

No. Players can still be waived and signed after the deadline. And a player is eligible for a team's playoff roster as long as he wasn't on another team's roster on March 1st or later.

For example, there are reports that the Nets may waive one or more of their veterans with expiring contracts (Tony Battie, Bobby Simmons) if they don't trade them before the deadline. Those players then would be able to sign with any other team. A contender might want to add Battie for frontline depth.

It is also possible that a player who is traded before the deadline could return to the team that traded him before the playoffs. If he has an expiring contract and isn't useful to the team that acquires him in the trade, they may choose to waive him. Once he clears waivers, he becomes a free agent and can sign with any other team. But he just can't sign with the team that traded him for 30 days (from the trade date) and such an arrangement can't be discussed before a trade is made.

That was printed in 2010.  But the rule for this year is March 23rd.  Meaning I think Sean was waived before the 23rd deadline.  Meaning he could be eligible for the post season. I am not sure about that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

In Response to Re: playoff deadline for adding players?????:
    [QUOTE]Are rosters set once the deadline has passed? No. Players can still be waived and signed after the deadline. And a player is eligible for a team's playoff roster as long as he wasn't on another team's roster on March 1st or later. For example, there are reports that the Nets may waive one or more of their veterans with expiring contracts (Tony Battie, Bobby Simmons) if they don't trade them before the deadline. Those players then would be able to sign with any other team. A contender might want to add Battie for frontline depth. It is also possible that a player who is traded before the deadline could return to the team that traded him before the playoffs. If he has an expiring contract and isn't useful to the team that acquires him in the trade, they may choose to waive him. Once he clears waivers, he becomes a free agent and can sign with any other team. But he just can't sign with the team that traded him for 30 days (from the trade date) and such an arrangement can't be discussed before a trade is made.
    Posted by GoUconn13[/QUOTE]

The above is old and outdated from the previous CBA.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

you re right mark, i just edited my post.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

This whole paragraph is incorrect.

It is also possible that a player who is traded before the deadline could return to the team that traded him before the playoffs. If he has an expiring contract and isn't useful to the team that acquires him in the trade, they may choose to waive him. Once he clears waivers, he becomes a free agent and can sign with any other team. But he just can't sign with the team that traded him for 30 days (from the trade date) and such an arrangement can't be discussed before a trade is made.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]This whole paragraph is incorrect. It is also possible that a player who is traded before the deadline could return to the team that traded him before the playoffs. If he has an expiring contract and isn't useful to the team that acquires him in the trade, they may choose to waive him. Once he clears waivers, he becomes a free agent and can sign with any other team. But he just can't sign with the team that traded him for 30 days (from the trade date) and such an arrangement can't be discussed before a trade is made.
    Posted by Mark from Ct[/QUOTE]

I didnt write that.  It was printed in the NBA.com website dated in 2010

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: playoff deadline for adding players????? : I didnt write that.  It was printed in the NBA.com website dated in 2010

It is all outdated information based on the new CBA.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

He was released by the date - thus eligible to be in the playoffs.  He just wasn't picked up right after he was released......which kind of says something right there!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Are rosters set once the deadline has passed? No. Players can still be waived and signed after the deadline. And a player is eligible for a team's playoff roster as long as he wasn't on another team's roster on March 1st or later. For example, there are reports that the Nets may waive one or more of their veterans with expiring contracts (Tony Battie, Bobby Simmons) if they don't trade them before the deadline. Those players then would be able to sign with any other team. A contender might want to add Battie for frontline depth. It is also possible that a player who is traded before the deadline could return to the team that traded him before the playoffs. If he has an expiring contract and isn't useful to the team that acquires him in the trade, they may choose to waive him. Once he clears waivers, he becomes a free agent and can sign with any other team. But he just can't sign with the team that traded him for 30 days (from the trade date) and such an arrangement can't be discussed before a trade is made.   That was printed in 2010.  But the rule for this year is March 23rd.  Meaning I think Sean was waived before the 23rd deadline.  Meaning he could be eligible for the post season. I am not sure about that.

I thougt Tony Battie played for the sixers, and Bobby Simmons played for the Clippers?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: playoff deadline for adding players????? : I thougt Tony Battie played for the sixers
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Was Battie a sixer before or after Bynumite rode Shaq's coat-tail???

Laughing

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RicoLakerfan. Show RicoLakerfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: playoff deadline for adding players????? : Was Battie a sixer before or after Bynumite rode Shaq's coat-tail???
    Posted by Elven 32[/QUOTE]

I feel your pain my little elf. I really do. I too have suffered. I watched all 12 of those titles games against Boston. 3-9. The pain was beyond belief. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: playoff deadline for adding players????? : Was Battie a sixer before or after Bynumite rode Shaq's coat-tail???

Elfie you are funny.   Love reading your stupid posts.   Hysterical.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: playoff deadline for adding players????? : I feel your pain my little elf. I really do. I too have suffered. I watched all 12 of those titles games against Boston. 3-9. The pain was beyond belief. 
    Posted by RicoLakerfan[/QUOTE]

How horrible was the game six beatdown Kome had to take in Boston?   How long did it take you to get over that?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: playoff deadline for adding players????? : Elfie you are funny.   Love reading your stupid posts.   Hysterical.

Is that post Bynumite rode Shaq's coat-tail or pre???

Laughing

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RicoLakerfan. Show RicoLakerfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: playoff deadline for adding players????? : Is that post Bynumite rode Shaq's coat-tail or pre???

My poor Elf. You must have watched all of those beat downs too. 3-9 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: playoff deadline for adding players????? : Is that post Bynumite rode Shaq's coat-tail or pre???

Keep it coming,  at least your leaving the rest of the board alone so they don't have to read your incredibly stupid posts.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: playoff deadline for adding players????? :

You run along kid, don't forget your crayon set, it's obvious when you know you've been schooled.

-1 for the Boston education system!!

Laughing

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: playoff deadline for adding players????? : You run along kid, don't forget your crayon set, it's obvious when you know you've been schooled. -1 for the Boston education system!!

Where did he say that.....because I READ it, and my Boston education tells me your CA education got it WRONG!!!!!