Playoffs last year against Orlando

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbrann. Show mbrann's posts

Playoffs last year against Orlando

Remember how the C's played last year in the Orlando series? They were perfect -- the ball was whipping around the perimeter finding the open guys. SVG was beside himself -- "...their execution is killing us!". If they could just get back to that groove! They were at their peak in that series...then they began to run out of gas in the Finals.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Re: Playoffs last year against Orlando

In Response to Playoffs last year against Orlando:
    [QUOTE]Remember how the C's played last year in the Orlando series? They were perfect -- the ball was whipping around the perimeter finding the open guys. SVG was beside himself -- "...their execution is killing us!". If they could just get back to that groove! They were at their peak in that series...then they began to run out of gas in the Finals.
    Posted by mbrann[/QUOTE]

Against Rashard Lewis and Vince Carter?  yeah I remember that......  Given that I think the only player better than last year for Orlando is Howard who has made giant strides at the offensive end.... but if Shaq gets him to commit 2 fouls in the first 5 minutes then Orlando is irrelevant.

There are 3 teams built for the finals - the Cs, da Bulls, and the Lakers.  Orlando, in my opinion, officially qualifies as a pretender not contender.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbrann. Show mbrann's posts

C's should watch a little video of that series so they can remember how to play.

You don't think San Antonio or Dallas can cut it in the playoffs?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Playoffs last year against Orlando:
    [QUOTE]C's should watch a little video of that series so they can remember how to play. You don't think San Antonio or Dallas can cut it in the playoffs?
    Posted by mbrann[/QUOTE]

Duncan is out for the next two to three weeks, I don't think Dallas has enough, and everyone's worst nightmare, EAST or WEST, is Bynum is healthy and playing well.

Cs fans love to wax poetic how if Perk had been healthy they would have won game 7.  Bynum was approx 50% in game 1 last year in the finals when he had 21 points, 14 boards, and 7 blocks and with Perk through 6 games and Bynum hurt for the most part after game 1 and playing at about 30% the Cs were able to stay in the series.  If Bynum was healthy in the finals last year and playing the way he is now, there would have been no game 6 or 7 but of course no Cs fan can even begin to hear or acknowledge that, therefore it was the refs fault coupled with Perk's injury.

I think the Lakers have lost 1 game since the all-star game, the Cs are probably at about 500.

No Shaq - no title.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

In Response to Re: Playoffs last year against Orlando:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Playoffs last year against Orlando : Duncan is out for the next two to three weeks, I don't think Dallas has enough, and everyone's worst nightmare, EAST or WEST, is Bynum is healthy and playing well. Cs fans love to wax poetic how if Perk had been healthy they would have won game 7.  Bynum was approx 50% in game 1 last year in the finals when he had 21 points, 14 boards, and 7 blocks and with Perk through 6 games and Bynum hurt for the most part after game 1 and playing at about 30% the Cs were able to stay in the series.  If Bynum was healthy in the finals last year and playing the way he is now, there would have been no game 6 or 7 but of course no Cs fan can even begin to hear or acknowledge that, therefore it was the refs fault coupled with Perk's injury. I think the Lakers have lost 1 game since the all-star game, the Cs are probably at about 500. No Shaq - no title.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

I don't know how many times I've had to correct you on this. those are bynum's stats from game 2, which the lakers lost! game 1 he got 10pts 6rebs no blocks (btw, he got 6 boards in game 2 as well, not 14)

he may well have been carrying an injury, but that's because he's an injury-prone player. he's never finished a full season uninjured

he's also inconsistent. look back through his games in those playoffs, he would play well and then throw up an absolute stinker. he averaged 8 pts 7 reb in those playoffs, by far the best mark of his postseason career

give some credit to the boston defense too, which held the lakers to fewer and fewer points as the series went on