Playoffs start tomorrow - who do you think will be upset on day 1?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from framdude. Show framdude's posts

Playoffs start tomorrow - who do you think will be upset on day 1?

My money is on MIA, i think nobody talks about Philly, there is a lot of hype about Knicks. I think PHI can do some damage. if elton brand has a big game inside it could be trouble for Lebron and co. I think sixers can play defense and they can pack the paint and make the Heat shoot jumpers.
    they can also play the running game. this could be one interesting series. I think this could go to 7 games. This is where rubber meets the road for the Heat, they have 2 great players and 1 very good player and then the bottom falls off. I just don't see who is going to be the bench guy that can step up for Miami. these guys could get worn down as the series goes longer.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Re: Playoffs start tomorrow - who do you think will be upset on day 1?

ufff..I like Philly to win a few games actually..Lookout for Indiana, they are a good rebounding team. NOt that they are going to win the series but they can win a few games...who plays center for the bulls???

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from framdude. Show framdude's posts

we will see. To me, Miami is most mentally fragile team in the playoffs. They have not been able to handle close games all season. For their sake if they win , they better win by a huge margin.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I believe that Portland may win against the Mavericks.  Dallas doesn't do well in the playoffs.  Portland is a very good team and has been playing well. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from framdude. Show framdude's posts

True. I forgot Dallas is playing tonight. That might be the toughest series of all in the first round. some even predict a POR victory in that series.
    Can Indiana pull this off?...just dreamin.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Playoffs start tomorrow - who do you think will be upset on day 1?:
    [QUOTE]True. I forgot Dallas is playing tonight. That might be the toughest series of all in the first round. some even predict a POR victory in that series. Can Indiana pull this off?...just dreamin.
    Posted by framdude[/QUOTE]

Indiana has played very well today.  I believe they have lead the entire game.  it will be very interesting if they win today.  Not sure it will happen, but anything is possible. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

i think the bulls will just barely beat the pacers.. oh wait a minute, are there timestamps on these things? philly will push miami as well

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In Response to Re: Playoffs start tomorrow - who do you think will be upset on day 1?:
    [QUOTE] Can Indiana pull this off?...just dreamin.
    Posted by framdude[/QUOTE]

Not far from reality! they almost stole the first one. I couldnt watch it but I called it...Granger and Collison are very underrated players.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

[QUOTE]Not far from reality! they almost stole the first one. I couldnt watch it but I called it...Granger and Collison are very underrated players.
    Posted by cabutan[/QUOTE]
    I watched it and Larry was almost smiling after Tyler Hansbrough completed that three point play to make it a ten point lead with just under four minutes left in the game. I was definitely smiling, but that didn't last long thanks to Derrick Rose.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

[QUOTE]I watched it and Larry was almost smiling after Tyler Hansbrough completed that three point play to make it a ten point lead with just under four minutes left in the game. I was definitely smiling, but that didn't last long thanks to Derrick Rose.

Posted by digger0862[/QUOTE]

I can imagine. The more I see the Bulls success, the more I believe that the team that stops DRose, that is the team that will beat them. Nothing special about the other players. Just Rose rising to the occasion.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

Portland will upset Dallas.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Playoffs start tomorrow - who do you think will be upset on day 1? : I can imagine. The more I see the Bulls success, the more I believe that the team that stops DRose, that is the team that will beat them. Nothing special about the other players. Just Rose rising to the occasion.
    Posted by cabutan[/QUOTE]

After watching them yesterday, I definitely agree with you.  It will be interesting to  watch the rest of this series and see who else steps up for both teams.  I was definitely surprised by how well Indiana played in the first game.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

There will be no upsets in the opening round, not even Portland.    

The Indy/Chicago game really wasn't as close as the media made it out to be. I love that Indy played tough ball in Chicago, but no one on that team can come close to stopping Rose (or Korver, for that matter).  The by-product of that game was Chicago learning where to tune-up its defense.

Celts will beat the Knicks; Miami will beat the Sixers; Chicago will beat Indy; Orlando will beat Atlanta. 

None of these underdogs is capable of a series upset.  They may get a game or two off their opponents, but nothing more.

15. This post has been removed.