Playoffs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jhol. Show jhol's posts

Playoffs

Everybody seems to be speculating that Orlando could be Boston's 2nd round apponent, but given the recent Heat self destruction, let's envision a new scenario. This one I like because it sends LBJ packing for an early vacation.

East finishes like this:

1 -- Boston (Division winner)
    2 -- Bulls (Division winner)
    3 -- Magic (Division winner)
    4 -- Heat
    5 -- Atlanta
    6 -- New York
    7 -- Indiana
    8 -- Bucks/Bobcats/Whoever

I think it's a no brainer we see The Celtics, Bulls, and Magic advance. Miami?? -- I'm looking for the Hawks to put an embarrasing hurting to their storybook season. Hawks won in preseason, they have split so far this season with the Hawks winning in Miami. I predict Miami loses next week in Atlanta giving the Hawks all the confidence they need to take them down in the first round.

Anyway -- so we end up with Boston vs Chicago or Orlando in the Conference finals. There will be more crying in Miami. 

Of course, the Knicks are on the move so it could be Miami sees them in the first round. Either way, I think they will be sucking pond water.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Re: Playoffs

In your scenario, I think the Knicks have a better chance at knocking off Orlando than Atlanta beating Miami...but hopefully BOTH happen!

In any case I see a Chicago - Boston final with Boston winning at home in 7.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jhol. Show jhol's posts

In Response to Re: Playoffs:
    [QUOTE]In your scenario, I think the Knicks have a better chance at knocking off Orlando than Atlanta beating Miami...but hopefully BOTH happen! In any case I see a Chicago - Boston final with Boston winning at home in 7.
    Posted by Eldunker[/QUOTE]

I'm leaning that way (Celts-Bulls) myself. Would be a great re-match after that record breaking series.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Playoffs:
    [QUOTE]Everybody seems to be speculating that Orlando could be Boston's 2nd round apponent, but given the recent Heat self destruction, let's envision a new scenario. This one I like because it sends LBJ packing for an early vacation. East finishes like this: 1 -- Boston (Division winner) 2 -- Bulls (Division winner) 3 -- Magic (Division winner) 4 -- Heat 5 -- Atlanta 6 -- New York 7 -- Indiana 8 -- Bucks/Bobcats/Whoever I think it's a no brainer we see The Celtics, Bulls, and Magic advance. Miami?? -- I'm looking for the Hawks to put an embarrasing hurting to their storybook season. Hawks won in preseason, they have split so far this season with the Hawks winning in Miami. I predict Miami loses next week in Atlanta giving the Hawks all the confidence they need to take them down in the first round. Anyway -- so we end up with Boston vs Chicago or Orlando in the Conference finals. There will be more crying in Miami.  Of course, the Knicks are on the move so it could be Miami sees them in the first round. Either way, I think they will be sucking pond water.
    Posted by jhol[/QUOTE]

Magic and Heat are in the same division. And the Heat have a better record than the Magic. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jhol. Show jhol's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Playoffs : Magic and Heat are in the same division. And the Heat have a better record than the Magic. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

I never said "if the season ended today" -- I'm speculating on the final standings..geeezzz

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Playoffs : I never said "if the season ended today" -- I'm speculating on the final standings..geeezzz
    Posted by jhol[/QUOTE]

You're underestimating the Heat way too much.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jhol. Show jhol's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Playoffs : You're underestimating the Heat way too much.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

What can I say? They are my new favorite team to hate.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Playoffs : What can I say? They are my new favorite team to hate.
    Posted by jhol[/QUOTE]

The Magic lost to the Blazers last night because Dwight was suspend because he already has 16 techs. Every time Dwight gets 2 more techs this season he will be suspended again. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Anything can happen in the playoffs so I wouldnt look too far ahead.

Our title year we won 66 games and looked like monsters. Then we played Atlanta & Cleve and got the scare of our lives.

That said, its looking alot like Celts v Bulls in ECF.  Almost doesnt matter who gets HCA... only if Miami leaps us both will we not be able to meet in the finals.

I really hope we have everyone back and ready to play by then.. Bulls are a scary team with Rose seperating himself from the other stars in the league into the Elite category.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

P34,
    Let's not underestimate the Heat but the chemistry problems on that team are very troubling.  I think having Lebron and Wade on the same team make winning a championship actually quite hard.   Like the Lakers with West and Baylor they tried and came close for years but never succeeded.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from b126962. Show b126962's posts

Celtics
    Bulls
    Heat
    Magic
    Hawks
    Knicks
    Pacers
    Bucks
    In this format, the Celtics and Bulls would each have easy matchups in the first round while the middle 4 battle it out. I would expect it to then be Celts vs Magic, Bulls vs Heat, and then probably Celtics vs Bulls in the ECF

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

[QUOTE]P34, Let's not underestimate the Heat but the chemistry problems on that team are very troubling.  I think having Lebron and Wade on the same team make winning a championship actually quite hard.   Like the Lakers with West and Baylor they tried and came close for years but never succeeded.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Role defeinition and execution of these roles is critical.  Did this not come up once in training camp for the Heat