Please clarify who can play in the second season from our roster.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

Please clarify who can play in the second season from our roster.

I am of the opinion that all of our players on the roster are qualified to take part in the second season due to 3/23, player replacement rules and contract rules. (I could be wrong). What does the 12 player stipulation have to do with this and is the team able to move/exchange any of the top 12 with the 3 N/A players or is the 12 a fixed named number. To me the rooks, SW, KD,MD,SP and RH could be moved back and forth depending on needs and injuries. or actually any of the 12. If it is fixed at 12 Doc and Danny are really going to have a hard choice to make regarding KD, MD, Sasha,Hollins, Williams, JJ and Moore. All have played really well in the last few games (as expected).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

Re: Please clarify who can play in the second season from our roster.

In Response to Please clarify who can play in the second season from our roster.:
    [QUOTE]I am of the opinion that all of our players on the roster are qualified to take part in the second season due to 3/23, player replacement rules and contract rules. (I could be wrong). What does the 12 player stipulation have to do with this and is the team able to move/exchange any of the top 12 with the 3 N/A players or is the 12 a fixed named number. To me the rooks, SW, KD,MD,SP and RH could be moved back and forth depending on needs and injuries. or actually any of the 12. If it is fixed at 12 Doc and Danny are really going to have a hard choice to make regarding KD, MD, Sasha,Hollins, Williams, JJ and Moore. All have played really well in the last few games (as expected).
    Posted by heirplain[/QUOTE]

The rule of only allowing 12 players to be in uniform for each game no longer applies. They made a permanent change this season to increase that number to 13. All of Boston's players are eligible for the postseason.

http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2012/02/24/breaking-news-13-man-nba-rosters-to-become-permanent-waiver-rules-could-be-altered/

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Don't we have 15 players on our roster?  How can "all" be eligible for the postseason, if the limit is 13?

Rondo/Dooling
    Ray(?)/Bradley
    PP/Pietrus
    Bass/Williams
    KG/Steamer

Sasha, Daniels and Hollins??   I think that leaves Johnson and Moore out!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In Response to Re: Please clarify who can play in the second season from our roster.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Please clarify who can play in the second season from our roster. : The rule of only allowing 12 players to be in uniform for each game no longer applies. They made a permanent change this season to increase that number to 13. All of Boston's players are eligible for the postseason. http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2012/02/24/breaking-news-13-man-nba-rosters-to-become-permanent-waiver-rules-could-be-altered/
    Posted by Mark from Ct[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this heads up Mark. 13 dressed players should help the C's as they have developed a pretty valid bench presence..especially on the defensive end!
    Good luck in the west.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In Response to Re: Please clarify who can play in the second season from our roster.:
    [QUOTE]Don't we have 15 players on our roster?  How can "all" be eligible for the postseason, if the limit is 13? Rondo/Dooling Ray(?)/Bradley PP/Pietrus Bass/Williams KG/Steamer Sasha, Daniels and Hollins??   I think that leaves Johnson and Moore out!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

You are probably right..a tough decision but with no inactive players the rooks will probably be out.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]Don't we have 15 players on our roster?  How can "all" be eligible for the postseason, if the limit is 13? Rondo/Dooling Ray(?)/Bradley PP/Pietrus Bass/Williams KG/Steamer Sasha, Daniels and Hollins??   I think that leaves Johnson and Moore out!

13 players will be in uniform and 2 players will be in street clothes.
    I am not sure if the playoff roster list has to be the same 13 players the whole playoffs or if a team can change those players from series to series. I think teams have to set their playoff rosters the day after the regular season ends and stay with those same 13 players.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I'm pretty sure it varies by series!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

http://www.nba.com/news/rulechanges_060802.html

Increase in Playoff Roster Size:

Playoff roster size will be expanded from 13 to 15 players, with each team designating 12 active players and up to three inactive players prior to each game.

Here's the wrinkle:

Teams will be permitted to carry 13 players on their playoff rosters, designating one player as inactive an hour before tipoff.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

[QUOTE]http://www.nba.com/news/rulechanges_060802.html Increase in Playoff Roster Size: Playoff roster size will be expanded from 13 to 15 players, with each team designating 12 active players and up to three inactive players prior to each game . Here's the wrinkle: Teams will be permitted to carry 13 players on their playoff rosters, designating one player as inactive an hour before tipoff.
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

then Allen can inactive all Atlanta series and play in the second round?
    that might be the ticket, IF the extra rest gets him healthy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Please clarify who can play in the second season from our roster. : then Allen can inactive all Atlanta series and play in the second round? that might be the ticket, IF the extra rest gets him healthy.
    Posted by kdp59[/QUOTE]

Agreed ... C's are likely to keep him out of the Atlanta series and reactivate him for what could be a weakened Bulls team, should they prevail over Philly, in the second round.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Even without Rose, I think the Bulls can get past the Sixers in 6 of 7 games, maybe only 5. The Sixers nosedived during the last 6 weeks.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Please clarify who can play in the second season from our roster. : Agreed ... C's are likely to keep him out of the Atlanta series and reactivate him for what could be a weakened Bulls team, should they prevail over Philly, in the second round.
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

We need to get Ray back..healthy and in shape. He is integral to 18 and is needed sooner than later because of the conditioning/timing factor. Why wait till the Bulls series. ( I'm probably overlooking the Hawks ,a mistake as they are still quite good) I am pleased with the 12-13-15 options as each game has it's special considerations and the C's are well staffed to take advantage of this..  IMO

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Please clarify who can play in the second season from our roster. : We need to get Ray back..healthy and in shape. He is integral to 18 and is needed sooner than later because of the conditioning/timing factor. Why wait till the Bulls series. ( I'm probably overlooking the Hawks ,a mistake as they are still quite good) I am pleased with the 12-13-15 options as each game has it's special considerations and the C's are well staffed to take advantage of this..  IMO
    Posted by heirplain[/QUOTE]

One reason ... Time ... time will make him available later and longer for the remaining playoffs. If we need Ray to beat Atlanta we aren't getting past the Roseless Bulls.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

This whole Ray Allen "getting him for the next round" thing sounds eerily similar to 2009 and KG, doesn't it??

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]This whole Ray Allen "getting him for the next round" thing sounds eerily similar to 2009 and KG, doesn't it??

Maybe Red, but isn't it the prudent thing to do ... Day 1 serves as a caution flag, no?