please finish off hawks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8brd. Show sk8brd's posts

please finish off hawks

why are we still playing the hawks, this series should have been over already.  how could they let the hawks come back like that.  They did a lousy job defending Horford who was an injured player, and allowed him to do whatever he wanted to do on the court (19pts, 11rb, 3blks, 3stl??? my god, is anybody watching this guy)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: please finish off hawks

The Celtics blew a chance to advance.  We should see a victory tonight but there is always something with this team.  The injuries are what concerns me even if we advance.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

No one on our team matches up with Horford. Horford playing changes all the other matchups as well. 

The Hawks are actually more talented, and younger than the Celtics, I"m not sure if you realize that. This Hawks team at their best is better than the one that took our team to seven games during the championship season. 

Without Horford we were the better team easily but now that he's back, that changes. You do realize our team has a series of injuries right now as well? 

We need to close the Hawks out in six. A seventh game back in Atlanta is not what we need right now. It's going to take our best game on the glass, etc.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

I agree, some posters here make it sound like Atlanta is a bad team and a walkover. They are not. We were fortunate that Horford was out, and I won't even mention Pachulia, who is a tough pest if nothing else.
    If Pierce is not right it's going to be very hard imo. Hopefully he can play through it.
    We don't want a game 7 in Atlanta, obviously.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

If horeford was injured, I wish I was that injured.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: please finish off hawks:
    [QUOTE]If horeford was injured, I wish I was that injured.
    Posted by cole-ely[/QUOTE]

Horford missed 55 games this season. Sounds like injured to me.

He had some sort of pectoral muscle surgery. He's certainly rusty if nothing else at this point.

Pud

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In Response to Re: please finish off hawks:
    [QUOTE]No one on our team matches up with Horford. Horford playing changes all the other matchups as well.  The Hawks are actually more talented, and younger than the Celtics, I"m not sure if you realize that. This Hawks team at their best is better than the one that took our team to seven games during the championship season.  Without Horford we were the better team easily but now that he's back, that changes. You do realize our team has a series of injuries right now as well?  We need to close the Hawks out in six. A seventh game back in Atlanta is not what we need right now. It's going to take our best game on the glass, etc.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

Hollins can.  He did a great job on all Atlanta's center on the other nite.  But when he sit, Horford played better!!

I think Doc should play Hollins more minutes to keep Horford from pounding the glass!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I expected to see ZaZa by game 4-5, but not Horford at all, so that was indeed a blow.

I think it is the personalities of the players/coach and the often undisciplined awkward style of play Atlanta seems to partake in that makes people think they are not a great teams compared to say a fast-breaking Denver club headed bt oneof the top 10 coaches of the past 25 years in George Karl.

For one playoff series alone most experts would prefer Johnson, Horford and Smith over anyone on the Nuggets. Miller is 35, McGee can't hit FT's and just started playing good recently and Danilo is still not as dangerous a scorer as JJ.