Polar Opposite Detroit Trade

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Polar Opposite Detroit Trade

Our boys want to compete, want to win, aren't looking to rebuild. So what if we do a trade with Detroit but not involving Rondo:

BOS: Monroe, Villanueva

DET: Bass, Melo, Brooks, Crawford, Joseph, 2015 first round pick

Gives them a bench for a guy who could only be there for a year. Gives us a look at Monroe and I think he could mesh with our core.

Rondo, Pressey

Bradley, Lee, Bogans

Green, Wallace

Sullinger, Olynyk, Villanueva

Monroe, Faverani, Iverson

(I think Danny can get another guard for Humphries)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

Re: Polar Opposite Detroit Trade

3 defensive SGs? keep crawford or brooks

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Or a simpler version:

BOS: Monroe

DET: Crawford, Brooks, Melo, Joseph, 2015 1st 

Essentially all our cheap young guys and a pick for a desperate need, Center. 

(I know we are all set on tanking, but idk, wouldn't it be more fun to be huge underdogs and come out of nowhere and compete in the weak east? Sign Monroe for 4 years and see what happens?)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to TheBigTicket05's comment:

Yeah, seriously. But we soon to have 6 SGs. Got to get rid of them somehow.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

I understand where you are going.  But I would prefer a trade with Rondo and Andre Drummond as principals.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to prakash's comment:

I understand where you are going.  But I would prefer a trade with Rondo and Andre Drummond as principals.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Come on, Monroe averaged 16 ppg and 9.6 rpg last season. The Pistons are not going to trade him to the Celtics for garbage.

Crawford, Brooks, Melo, Joseph, and even the 2015 1st round pick won't be enough to land us Monroe.

+1.  Love these trades scenarios.  Detroit sends us their best player for our worst players.  Yeah.  That's gonna happen.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

looks like R9R is starting to see the writing  on the wall about his hero.

you do know now that all those "rumors" about Rondo have some fire behind them. I guess it's starting to beocme apparent  now that Ainge is looking to move Rondo out as part of the old guard clearing out.

don't worry we wont hold it against you if stay a celtic fan  once Rondo leaves.

but you will need to admit that you saying rondo wil be celtic for life and lead the team to it's next banner, was only your HOPE.

hang in there.......and hope that IF the team does trade Rondo ( my bet is 75% chance he's gone before camp opens) they get QUALITY pieces back to make the team better.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

No Charlie V and keep Brooks and Rondo out of it.  The Celtics still couldn't get it over half-court under the least bit of pressure if Rondo goes.  The rest? Yawn - because the Pistons are not just giving away Monroe.

"They don't put Ws and Ls on the paychecks" - Sidney Wicks

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

It's so funny how there can be such a divide amongst Celtics Fans.  

Here is a thread that suggests we can get Monroe without giving up Rondo.  Conversly there is a suggestions from another poster saying we should give up Rondo AND Jeff Green to get Monroe.

Talk about both ends of the WTF-are-you-thinking spectrum!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

In response to TheBigTicket05's comment:

+1

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

In response to Fierce34's comment:

[QUOTE]

Come on, Monroe averaged 16 ppg and 9.6 rpg last season. The Pistons are not going to trade him to the Celtics for garbage.

Crawford, Brooks, Melo, Joseph, and even the 2015 1st round pick won't be enough to land us Monroe.

+1.  Love these trades scenarios.  Detroit sends us their best player for our worst players.  Yeah.  That's gonna happen.

[/QUOTE]

Ha... amazing how many times people think of these halarious trades that will NEVER happen....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from myurkus. Show myurkus's posts

no team in the history of the nba would be stupid enough to do this trade.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

In response to hops29's comment:

It's so funny how there can be such a divide amongst Celtics Fans.  

Here is a thread that suggests we can get Monroe without giving up Rondo.  Conversly there is a suggestions from another poster saying we should give up Rondo AND Jeff Green to get Monroe.

Talk about both ends of the WTF-are-you-thinking spectrum!

jeff green isn't as good as you think he is. at 26, he isn't a potential super star anymore. he's a career 13 ppg 5 rpg player with 0 all-star appearances. at $27M and change over the  3 years he is a BAD contract. C's would love to be able to dump the long term contracts of Green and Lee while moving Rondo in return for Monroe (23), Knight (21), the expiring contracts of Stuckey and Villuenva, plus a future #1 pick. 

Ainge would have a plethora of young and talented players on rookie deals (Sully, Bradley, Brooks, Knight, Olynyk, Melo) along with a ridiculous amoung of draft picks through 2018 and cap space to build a team around Monroe.