Poll: Will the Celts Make the Playoffs?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Re: Poll: Will Celts Make the Playoffs?

They will make into the playoff by default like you said it before.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: Poll: Will the Celts Make the Playoffs?

Celts will make the playoffs because Garnett, Pierce, Ray, and Rondo are simply too good and have too much pride to not be in the top 8 teams of the Eastern Conference.  I don't believe they can challenge for a championship, but they'll be better than Milwaukee or New York (both of those teams would have to catch and pass the Celtics for the C's to miss the playoffs - ain't going to happen).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I'm afraid so, as the 8th seed. The Knicks will blow by the C's, and we won't be able to lose enough for the Bucks or Cavs to catch us!! Knowing how you like to quote songs so much, as Brooklyn Bridge would say "It's the worst that could happen to me"!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

With the addition or likely addition of Josh Powell I think the Celtics don't really believe in a playoff run at this time.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Hi,
    Who's Josh Powell? Are you talking about JP from ATL? I thought Celtics were targeting Turiaf or JJ Hickson, weren't they?

AK

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

OOps,
    Sorry, I'm late re: Hickson and Powell. Never mind my question.

AK

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

We will make the playoffs and win our division. Phila,Atl and Orl are all catchable and beatable. With all vary situations this team has faced all year we are coming together nicely.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

They'll make it. A far more interesting question is whether they can get a four seed, or at least a six. In other words, can they not only make it into the playoffs but make it interesting once they get there with a matchup they can win, and go from there? 

If they go seven or eight seed they are gonna get whipped.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from datruthpp34. Show datruthpp34's posts

with miami i think they can not do it but wiht chicago, there will be an upset to that,i still think the c's is a better team come playoff time agiasnt chicago.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Poll: Will the Celts Make the Playoffs?:
    [QUOTE]Vote now!
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Leet's hope not....

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Not only will the Celtics make the playoffs, they can beat anyone in a 7-game series, other than the Heat.

The Bulls are overrated. They're an excellent regular season team, a mediocre playoff team. They rely too much on Derrick Rose, who while great, can't carry a team on his own.

The Pacers and Sixers are too young and untested. The playoffs are a different animal. The Celtics would destroy either of them. It wouldn't even take 7 games.

The Celtics own the Magic for whatever reason. They know how to shut down Dwight Howard.

The Hawks always play the Celtics tight (in Atlanta at least) but lack the maturity and emotional makeup to finish them off. Ditto the Knicks.

The only team that scares me is the Heat.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Knicks win and Bucks win tonight.

Against the Raptors and Blazers, respectively. Those aren't exactly bigtime contenders. Are you going to guarantee a Buck victory over the Celtics on Thursday, the way you incorrectly guaranteed a Hawk victory over the Celtics?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

8th seed, unfortunately.  Rondo should be in the spotlight against Rose, which I'm certain will make for some interesting threads here.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In Response to Re: Poll: Will the Celts Make the Playoffs?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Poll: Will the Celts Make the Playoffs? : Celts will lose to the Bucks and Sixers on the road. 
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]
    we will beat the Bucks.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

8th seed, unfortunately.  Rondo should be in the spotlight against Rose, which I'm certain will make for some interesting threads here.

That's fine by me. Anyone but Miami. In a year when there are no truly dominating teams, anything could happen in the playoffs. In the lockout season of 1999, an 8 seed made it all the way to the NBA Finals. Avoid the Heat, hope that some other team catches proverbial lightning in a bottle (the way the Mavericks did) to knock them off for you, and who knows, maybe the Celtics get their Cinderella story.

The Celtics have been a much better playoff team than regular season team in recent years. I remember the pessimism here back in 2010 when most fans, myself included, thought the Celtics would get eliminated in the first round. Instead, they came within a 13 point 4th quarter collapse of winning No. 18. Even last year's second round exit against the Heat was a far more competitive series than it would seem superficially. Four of the five games could have gone either way, coming down to the closing minutes of the 4th quarter or overtime.

If the Celtics go down as expected (and of course that's far more likely than not), they'll still put up a good fight and make it an entertaining battle. The 2008-09 Celtics played a phenomenal first round series against the Bulls that year, including three games that stretched into at least one overtime period. That was one of the most thrilling series' I can remember. The Celtics won the series in 7 games and fell in the next round, but that Round 1 battle was epic, memorable, and thoroughly enjoyable as a fan. Isn't that what sports are ultimately meant to provide? Entertainment? I'll be excited no matter what happens.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

"The Knicks will blow by the C's"

Huh? Oh, sure.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: Poll: Will the Celts Make the Playoffs?": [QUOTE]8th seed, unfortunately.  Rondo should be in the spotlight against Rose, which I'm certain will make for some interesting threads here. That's fine by me. Anyone but Miami. In a year when there are no truly dominating teams, anything could happen in the playoffs. In the lockout season of 1999, an 8 seed made it all the way to the NBA Finals. Avoid the Heat, hope that some other team catches proverbial lightning in a bottle (the way the Mavericks did) to knock them off for you, and who knows, maybe the Celtics get their Cinderella story. The Celtics have been a much better playoff team than regular season team in recent years. I remember the pessimism here back in 2010 when most fans, myself included, thought the Celtics would get eliminated in the first round. Instead, they came within a 13 point 4th quarter collapse of winning No. 18. Even last year's second round exit against the Heat was a far more competitive series than it would seem superficially. Four of the five games could have gone either way, coming down to the closing minutes of the 4th quarter or overtime. If the Celtics go down as expected (and of course that's far more likely than not), they'll still put up a good fight and make it an entertaining battle. The 2008-09 Celtics played a phenomenal first round series against the Bulls that year, including three games that stretched into at least one overtime period. That was one of the most thrilling series' I can remember. The Celtics won the series in 7 games and fell in the next round, but that Round 1 battle was epic, memorable, and thoroughly enjoyable as a fan. Isn't that what sports are ultimately meant to provide? Entertainment? I'll be excited no matter what happens. Posted by davidap[/QUOTE] +1 Well put.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Poll: Will the Celts Make the Playoffs?:
    [QUOTE] I'm afraid so, as the 8th seed. The Knicks will blow by the C's, and we won't be able to lose enough for the Bucks or Cavs to catch us!! Knowing how you like to quote songs so much, as Brooklyn Bridge would say "It's the worst that could happen to me"!!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

Both the Knicks and Bucks are playing better.  It is still possible that the Celtics could end up as the 9th seed and miss the playoffs.  Although, I would imagine that the 8th seed may not be decided until late in April. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

7th or 8th it won't matter, Celtics are out of contention.