Pops cost San Antonio tonight

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bahstunguy. Show bahstunguy's posts

Re: Pops cost San Antonio tonight

In response to Karllost's comment:

Pops getting on my nerves with his press conferences. Being glib and a smart a** is ok sometimes but not all the time. He rarely answers legit questions straight forward and dodged the meat of the question of why he sat TD.

Also was surprised nobody asked why he kept Ginobili in the game so much when he appeared to be playing for the Heat. Spurs would have won by 10+ if Ginobili cracked a rib and sat out. Wheres D Wade when u need him

I totally agree with you. Ginobli looked punch drunk and lost. 8 turnovers ?  The little kid up the street can pass a basketball better than he can. I hope he retires after this season because he's starting to blemish his legacy. He was a great player.....in his day. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JHell. Show JHell's posts

Ginobili took like 15 steps and the refs were clearly pro Spurs last night

Agreed it was more a travel than a foul by Ray (or at least he traveled prior to the foul...)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Great game ruined by such a game fixing call."

This is amazing BS by you. You definitely should NOT watch game 7. 

Yes, it was probably a foul, but the refs have almost always swallowed whistles in those situations. 

I would accept your whining if the team you are talking about WAS NOT AHEAD IN THE GAME BY FIVE POINTS WITH 30 SECONDS LEFT. 

If you give up a five point lead with 30 seconds left, you have no one to blame but yourself. No one. That should be an insurmountable lead. 

You can assign blame to the Spurs in many directions, but Pop gets the most blame for his bizarre late game substitutions (and lack thereof). Think Duncan in the game might have made it harder for Bosh to get the rebound and get it off to Ray in the corner?

Heat get credit also. That was one of the greatest NBA games ever played (given the stakes). 

I'm going to save my superlatives about Ray Allen until after game 7, he'll get superlatives from me whether the Heat win or lose but if the Heat win game 7 that Allen shot will go down as one of the greatest in NBA history. It reminds me of Horry's shot against the Kings except Horry's shot was top of the key and comparatively much easier. 

I don't see how the Spurs can regroup and win game 7 now. We'll see. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

Yes, it was probably a foul, but the refs have almost always swallowed whistles in those situations. 

I would accept your whining if the team you are talking about WAS NOT AHEAD IN THE GAME BY FIVE POINTS WITH 30 SECONDS LEFT. 

If you give up a five point lead with 30 seconds left, you have no one to blame but yourself. No one. That should be an insurmountable lead. 

You can assign blame to the Spurs in many directions, but Pop gets the most blame for his bizarre late game substitutions (and lack thereof). Think Duncan in the game might have made it harder for Bosh to get the rebound and get it off to Ray in the corner?

Heat get credit also. That was one of the greatest NBA games ever played (given the stakes). 

I'm going to save my superlatives about Ray Allen until after game 7, he'll get superlatives from me whether the Heat win or lose but if the Heat win game 7 that Allen shot will go down as one of the greatest in NBA history. It reminds me of Horry's shot against the Kings except Horry's shot was top of the key and comparatively much easier. 

I tend to agree with your statements. Pops, pops, pops.  You don't sit your best rebounder in the game with uner 30seconds to go. Not only once but twice. You just don't. Not with a 5 point lead and 28 seconds to go. You had the championship won, or re-won after coughing up a 10 point lead to start the 4th in the first 2 minutes. Sorry, Pops outcoached and outsmarted himself. If you lose, you want to lose with your best players on the court.

I said for the Spurs to win it all, Ginobili had to play 2 out of 3 good games. Well, he gets a chance to redeem himself in Game 7. He was so bad. He looked like he was playing for the Heat. But ownership of the loss still belongs to Pops. If you are going to take Duncan out, then it must be clearly understood, that in no way shape or form, are any 3 pointers allowed to be taken. 2 pointers were not going to kill you then. That was the worst 28 seconds by a team. Just awful.

I just am not sure how they will respond. To have had it won, and then to lose in OT, with a chance also to win it in OT. And you let the worst player of the game go coast to coast.....Just a terrible loss.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to antiqueman1's comment:

[QUOTE]

I tend to agree with your statements. Pops, pops, pops.  You don't sit your best rebounder in the game with uner 30seconds to go. Not only once but twice. You just don't. Not with a 5 point lead and 28 seconds to go. You had the championship won, or re-won after coughing up a 10 point lead to start the 4th in the first 2 minutes. Sorry, Pops outcoached and outsmarted himself. If you lose, you want to lose with your best players on the court.

I said for the Spurs to win it all, Ginobili had to play 2 out of 3 good games. Well, he gets a chance to redeem himself in Game 7. He was so bad. He looked like he was playing for the Heat. But ownership of the loss still belongs to Pops. If you are going to take Duncan out, then it must be clearly understood, that in no way shape or form, are any 3 pointers allowed to be taken. 2 pointers were not going to kill you then. That was the worst 28 seconds by a team. Just awful.

I just am not sure how they will respond. To have had it won, and then to lose in OT, with a chance also to win it in OT. And you let the worst player of the game go coast to coast.....Just a terrible loss.

[/QUOTE]

agree completely

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Yes

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from anguskahn. Show anguskahn's posts

Taking out Duncan is what everyone is talking about and its a legit question. So is leaving in Splitter for the last shot...sure he can set a pick but with both Splitter and Duncan on the floor the Heat only had to guard 3 players..

That said, I believe the biggest blunder of the game was Pops sticking with Ginobili... the guy was a nightmare and totally careless with the ball. As Ive said before, Ginobili has always been one of my favorite players but his game tonight cost the Spurs a title as much as anyone else.

Exactly.  I was screaming at teh TV for teh entire second half that Ginobli was CLEARLY the worst player on the entire court.  He should have been yanked at the half.  he was awful.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to anguskahn's comment:

[QUOTE]

Taking out Duncan is what everyone is talking about and its a legit question. So is leaving in Splitter for the last shot...sure he can set a pick but with both Splitter and Duncan on the floor the Heat only had to guard 3 players..

That said, I believe the biggest blunder of the game was Pops sticking with Ginobili... the guy was a nightmare and totally careless with the ball. As Ive said before, Ginobili has always been one of my favorite players but his game tonight cost the Spurs a title as much as anyone else.

Exactly.  I was screaming at teh TV for teh entire second half that Ginobli was CLEARLY the worst player on the entire court.  He should have been yanked at the half.  he was awful.

[/QUOTE]

Hard to understand Ginobili,, hes a wild card, always has been ..but in such a crucial game he continued attempting to thread the needle with passes and sometimes even the needle was a better option to what he was doing. Just a horrible display, might be the worse game ever played by him and it came at the biggest moment. More disturbing than the turnovers was the continued recklessness he showed with the ball.. Didnt he realize he was stinking the joint out??

Yet, it was Pops who left him in.. no doubt hoping to take a bow for it after the Spurs won the title for his loyalty.

Then allowing Parker to go coast to coast on the final shot in regulation,.. no play... then Ginobili driving one on 3 ..... are these plays by design?

One last note. Tony Parker reminded me of Rondo ^2.... he was truly a black hole with the ball... Disgusting ending and lost championship and Pops has to answer for it

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

So now it's "Pops bashing".

Pops is an idiot for going small?

HAHAHA

He had what's called a "brain f*rt"

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shamrock1000. Show shamrock1000's posts

In response to guesmem2011's comment:

All of the above that pinpoint "Pop" as the culprit.  I wonder which member of the media he'll try to embarass for even questioning his moves.....

Good point. Watched Pop's interview, and the way he treated the media was ridiculous. You'd think I guy who just blew the game might have a little humility. Furthermore, even though the media can ask the same ridiculous questions all the time, they are a huge part of why the nba is so vastly popular and makes so much money. So really, instead of treating the media with open disdain, "Coah Pop" should be thanking them for his getting paid millions of dollars to coach a game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

The Spurs gave Miami tons of momentum going into game 7. With all the minutes that the Spurs put in, Parker's hamstring being questionable, Ginobli is a major factor for the Spurs for all the wrong reasons, Green and Neal are being bottled up, there is no way that Duncan can put together another game like yesterday, Popovich is going to be second guessing everything he does given how poorly he coached the game. I can't imagine them not being deflated after such an incredibly devastating loss. I don't believe that they have it in them. Unfortunately, Miami is going to win this series.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Haha, if this would have happened to Doc instead of Pops I can't even imagine the sh.itstorm on this site. But hey, there is hope, maybe we can trade Doc for Pops if Miami takes game 7 ;-)

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to Gasthoerer's comment:

Haha, if this would have happened to Doc instead of Pops I can't even imagine the sh.itstorm on this site. But hey, there is hope, maybe we can trade Doc for Pops if Miami takes game 7 ;-)

Seeing Doc's track record, i'm sure he would be all for it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

We've come to expect inept coaching from Doc...this is why so many are shocked it was actually a good coach that messed up ala Doc Rivers.  

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

You guys assume the spurs would have won if they had Duncan in?  Maybe if they hadn't gone small Lebron wouldn't have jacked up the quick shot.  Maybe they would have gotten a different shot and hit it.

im in the camp of fouling when up by 3.  I'd foul even with 10 seconds left.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In response to antiqueman1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Ok, no sweat

So now it's "Pops bashing".

Pops is an idiot for going small?

HAHAHA

Got off your soap box Fierce. It ain't bashing Pops. Just a fact that he blew their best chance at winning by sitting Duncan. The guy had like 15plus rebounds and you sit him. Crazy. You love to bring up bashing everytime. Enough already.

[/QUOTE]

My post was meant for Karl, not you.

[/QUOTE]