Positive Fan Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

Sorry for so many posts!

Hey, I'm sorry about HOGGING the board, but I just got on a roll.

STAY POSITIVE!!

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Re: Positive Fan Thread

In Response to Re: Positive Fan Thread:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Positive Fan Thread : Hello! jtkl...Bynum had just barely returned from his rehab. He's now just about at 100% and has more explosiveness. Shaq won't be able to keep up with Bynum now. There's a REASON Shaq couldn't get the money he wanted or sign with a team he wanted to. His best days are WELL behind him. I kind of feel sorry for the Celtic fan base, who are putting so much faith in a has-been, former Superstar athlete. I remember how pathetic Willie Mays and Joe Namath looked in their final days. That's what you now have in Shaq.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

Doesn't matter. Shaq has length on bynum, he'll smack him around like he always does. if Bynum stays healthy that is. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: Positive Fan Thread:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Positive Fan Thread : jtkl...put down the pipe and step away!
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

Yawn. Shaq has owned bynum his whole career. I know this time you reeeaallly hope it will be different though.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Lots to feel good about with this game...

A decisive win over a potential 1st round opponent,
    Krstic back in action and looking like he did when he 1st came here,
    JO looking fantastic as our starting center,
    Strong game by all who played, especially the 9-man rotation:  Pierce, KG, Ray, Rondo, JO, Baby, Krstic, Green and West!

AND the Jazz help us out big time beating the Lakers!

Good stuff, great night!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

All right BUCKS!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

Sweet

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Not to mention invade a positive Celtics fan thread and use that as his platform?!  Some people have noooooo class. 

And, uh, I haven't heard much from Q these past few days.  Hmmmm.... wonder why?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

Re: Sorry for so many posts!

In Response to Re: Sorry for so many posts!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Sorry for so many posts! : What kind of person could cheer for a rapist?
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Let me clear something up. I'm NOT a Kobe fan. Kobe is a punk, prima-donna. However, I am a Laker fan and I'm glad he plays for the Lakers cause as you all know, he'll stick a dagger in your hearts.

Some of my fellow Laker brethren may be shocked by that, but I never saw or heard Kobe apologize to the Lakers, the fans or Dr. Jerry Buss after his childish tirade about wanting to be traded. I lost all respect for him at that point. BUT, he's brought to NBA titles to LA and I'm glad about that.

Rape has nothing to do with it. But if it makes you feel better calling him that, go ahead. You're just showing how pathetic you are.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

I don't need to rehash - unless you push me to - how I believe that woman and I think Kobe is guilty as sin.  I really don't like to go there on this board because it's such a hotbutton issue. 

But IF I'm right, then yes, it has a lot to do with it because it's a character issue.  If Kobe played for the Celtics I'd stop watching, at least for a long time.  It was how I felt about the Celtics when those domestic violence allegations came out against Robert Parish and Dennis Johnson back in the '90s even though they weren't currently with the team.  It was hard to stomach that the guys I'd cheered for as a child were capable of this.  It took a while for me to come back, and that was the only time I ever tuned out the Celtics.  I'm also a Red Sox fan (condolences please) and was prepared to stop watching them in '97 when it came out that Wil Cordero was beating his wife.  I don't expect choirboys but there are certain standards of decency.  And when players cross a certain line it makes my stomach turn.  I can tolerate them at best and certainly could never bring myself to cheer for them.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

But going back to the POSITIVES (for the Celtics, wiseash Qdaddy), at least this nightmare against the Bulls wasn't a playoff game.  And at least Doc can go to the drawing board and learn how to beat this team.  At least he's finding out all our MANY weaknesses against them now and not then.  Hey, sometimes you have to grasp at straws to take something good out of a bleak situation.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

If you don't like this thread, then don't post on it.  If enough of you do that, then I'll just look like an idiot updating it and it won't mean anything.  We are done as soon as we believe we're done.  If you want us to have our tushes handed to us, just keep talking like you are and enjoy the early summer.  I am in this till the bitter end.  Angry and bitter myself about tonights game.  But still with my Celtics to the painful and wrenching end because that is just what real fans do for their teams.  Why do you think it felt so good for us to win it all in '08?  Because we'd been deprived of it for 22 years but it mean something to us every second of every day of each one of those long years.

And if having reason to believe we still have a chance is what keeps even a few more fans going and supporting our team, then this is a good thing.

Re-read my intro at the beginning of this thread.  This is NOT about hiding from reality.  It's about remembering the parts of reality that work in our favor so that we have the strength to keep going.

And if you want to really talk about God, GOD KNOWS we need that strength right now.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

You just answered your own question with your additional patronizing (Disneyland?  Please...) comment.  You talk about God so much?  The thread should actually make you feel like you're in Church because its intent is all about keeping faith when the world tells you to give up.  I created this thread because if I need that kind of faith boost so much, I would think other Celtics fans do too.  As for the "reading skills" comment, that's an insult and just proves you're not a real Celtics fans.  Because real Celtics fans - and real fans of any common team - support each other during tough times and you're doing no such thing.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

You are the worst type of bully there is.  You know exactly what you're doing - going after someone when they're clearly down, clearly upset.  You are on ignore from here on in.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

So our post season rests upon a guy who has had 5 different injuries in 1 season...

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Please, KGLove, you're not helping!!!  Yes, in large part it does, but it's not over until it's over.  I'm all for freedom of speech, but I'd really prefer that the gloom and doom stuff be kept off this thread.  As I said, I started it in order to help people keep faith as long as we're in it, and until I hear that Shaq is medically done, I am going to be optimistic.  That's not saying we shouldn't be fixing OTHER parts of our game so that we're less reliant on that factor.  But we need every piece of good news we can get.  Fans' energy does rub off on players.  I'm sure some of the fans on this board go to games, it has a ripple effect.  At least we HAVE someone to rest our post-season hopes on.  You know, they were saying similar things about Curt Schilling back in '04.  Not that that sort of thing happens all the time, but it always can...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

I'm hanging in there with you, Ms. L.  Some folks just get off on being negative (and rude), and the only solution is to put all those who want to go negative on this thread on ignore.  But there will be at least two of us still here.

I'll tell you, though, sitting through yet another Sox loss and then following that with this one (that's twice in a week that has happened) is surely trying our collective mettle.  It's hard to make lemonade out of this mess, but keep the vibe coming nonetheless.  I for one appreciate it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Thank you Joel.  I'm having a really hard time with the lemonade thing too, especially with our Red Sox factored in.  Have we ever started off 0-6 before?  I realize it's 182 games but this is just bad.  And as for the Celtics, this Bulls game is worse than any of those cellar dweller losses.  We were clearly the inferior team on almost every level and after what happened to us last year and what we went through this year, WE should be the ones playing with fire in our bellies. 

But having said that, we just have to move on from there.  Ironically, I discovered this message board during our 1st descent in March, while looking for reason to believe that things would get better - or at least could.  I just want to keep that going for myself and anyone who needs it.

Thank you for the encouragement and kind words!  Smile