Possible trade of Bass for King's Thompson

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hondorondo. Show hondorondo's posts

Possible trade of Bass for King's Thompson

Read this on Celticslife.com .  How likely is it to occur from a needs/benefits perspective. Can it hurt us financially in any way?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Re: Possible trade of Bass for King's Thompson

My take on Thompson is that he is an adequate perennial backup center, with little upside, but a good bench roll player.  We need that more than we need Bass.  and he is probably an upgrade over Fav (or an insurance policy in case Fav is a dud).  Also clear signal that Oly will primarily play PF.

Danny will still need to find us a starting center for next year, regardless.  

Not sure contractually.  I would think that he has a number of years left on a multi-year, probably at a range close to Bass.  I think its a good deal considering the log jam we have a PF.  If the rumor is true, it probably also signals Danny's confidence in both Sully and Oly and the need to get Oly more minutes. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

he has length, which Bass does not.

6-11 to 6-8

other than that it's pretty much a wash.

both players are what I consider marginal NBA starters.

Thompson is a year younger BUT has 4 yeasr left on his deal  at 5.6M up to 6.8M

so while there might be some SLIGHT cap savings over the next two years, the team will have additional years as opposed to Bass' deal.

all that said, there are not THAT many players who have proven they can be legit NBA players and are 6-11 or taller around.

of course after going ot that website I realize it;s nothing more than speculation of some web sport non-writer (menaing NOY paid).

oin that vein why not trade Bass, Crawford and a ham sandwich for L. Aldridge or A. Horford or O. Asik!!

I mean IF we are just making up stuff and all....no need to go for Thompson when there are bigger fish to dream up, right?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Maybe they are looking to replace Melo with someone better.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Bass can give you more pts and versatility...me thinks...but we need the length...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

In response to chris33's comment:

Maybe they are looking to replace Melo with someone better.

Obviously Ainge thinks FAV is better than FAB.

as R9R (i think) pointed out, we ahve a GLUT of PF;s on this team now.

I would add we still have too many 2 guards as well ( unless Ainge sees Bradley as a real option at the Point).

getting someone with SIZE who has proven they can play Center in the NBA would be nice.

I am not holding my breath though.