prediction

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from spider-man. Show spider-man's posts

prediction

Unfortunately, the Celtics will lose to the Heat on Sunday, let's hope they don't have any more injuries. They will probably lose to New Jersey as well, since you can't expect much from West. My advice? play Harangody and Avery lots, give the all-stars a break, and hope for the return of the big guys after the All-Star break. Don't worry about home-court advantage, just play smart, hope for a veteran pick-up to help the team down the stretch.
         They did well last year by playing smart, and playing hard when it counted. They lost to the Lakers 'cause they were short a big man. 3 of their big men are injured right now: when they get healthy, watch out!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

Re: prediction

In Response to prediction:
    [QUOTE]     Unfortunately, the Celtics will lose to the Heat on Sunday, let's hope they don't have any more injuries. They will probably lose to New Jersey as well, since you can't expect much from West. My advice? play Harangody and Avery lots, give the all-stars a break, and hope for the return of the big guys after the All-Star break. Don't worry about home-court advantage, just play smart, hope for a veteran pick-up to help the team down the stretch.      They did well last year by playing smart, and playing hard when it counted. They lost to the Lakers 'cause they were short a big man. 3 of their big men are injured right now: when they get healthy, watch out!
    Posted by spider-man[/QUOTE]

Prophet  Spider-man,  are  you  a  Laker  man?  How  could  you  say  the  Celtics  will  lose  to  Miami  and  New Jersey?  But  even  if  they  do,  that  is  not  the  end  of  basketball.  Every  team  goes  through  injuries,  and  I  must  say  we  are  lucky  having  our  injuries  now  as  opposed  to  having  them  in  May  or  June.

Don't  worry,  we  will  be  fine.  All  our  bigs  will  be  healthy  in  time,  and  we  will  be  very  dangerous  come  playoff  time.

If  a  man  is  a  debtor,  his  wife  must  learn  to  say,  he  is  not  home.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Spider-man, I realize you're trying to manage you're own expectations....keeping them low so as not to be disappointed.  however, the Celts players are competitive and no one is going to just "lose to Miami and New Jersey" and play the third string rookies a lot because we think we're going to lose, anyway.

Not in our make up.  If we lose, it will be with full energy and Doc playing the team that can win! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: prediction:
    [QUOTE]Spider-man, I realize you're trying to manage you're own expectations....keeping them low so as not to be disappointed.  however, the Celts players are competitive and no one is going to just "lose to Miami and New Jersey" and play the third string rookies a lot because we think we're going to lose, anyway. Not in our make up.  If we lose, it will be with full energy and Doc playing the team that can win! 
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

I agree with you.  The Celtics may lose tomorrow, but will put forth the best effort that is possible with the players that they have.  It is just not possible for the play the starters the entire game and with so few bench players it makes it more difficult for them to win. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Celts play up to the competition.  Expect the game to play out that way.  Whether they run out of gas due to being shorthanded is another question.  1st and 3rd quarters are probably the key.  If they start well and bring it at the start of the 2nd half, I like our chances.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I most likely see a loss but do not rule out a win either.  If Nate and Delonte play some minutes and Semih can contribute it would go a long way toward a victory.

Shaq should come and play and help his team.  He has let us down here and made the second half a real challenge.

The Heat pushed us once already for best record and they ran into trouble as well  so it is not a lock by any means for them  either.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

The heat have a tough schedule from right after the allstar break until mid to late March.  They play Chicago, Orlando, San Antonio, Chicago, Portland, Lakers, San Antonio, OKC, Atlanta, and Denver as 10 out of their 15 games during that stretch.   They'll have a few losses so the best record in the East is still in play even if we lose Sunday.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

I think Boston will bounce back with a victory against the Heat. If you are a fan of the team you gotta think this way.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1NEFAN2. Show 1NEFAN2's posts

As much as I would like the second and third string players play more, Boston goes out to win every night.  if they are getting blown out or blowing some one out the starters probably won't be playing.  Once they are locked in for the playoffs,  might see the bigs getting more rest for the playoff run.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

If KG takes advantage of the weak Heat frontline the Celtics will win.