Predictions on final record and seed?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Predictions on final record and seed?

We were 23-4... that is like being a historic 72-10 team

Since we've went 18-10... that is like being 53-29 and a #4 or 5 seed

So currently 41-14, I say we become a 61-21 #2 seed, 2 games ahead of the Bulls and 3 games behind the Heat.

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Predictions on final record and seed?

I'd almost rather get the 2 seed and play Chicago now instead of Orlando.

Gibson and Deng are no longer issues with Green here and Ray/Paul will be rested and torch Brewer/Korver

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

You could be right and you could be wrong.  I will go with the C's winning everything.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Me too.

I'd hate to see us get the 3 seed and not win 60 games tho

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

WHO IS TO SAY WE BEAT THE BOBCATS IN RD 1?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

we will go down to 2 or 3.bulls and heat might be competing for 1/2. unless bulls or heat have a bunch of stinkers then who knows.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxRock1. Show SoxRock1's posts

1. Bulls
    2. Heat
    3. Celts

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Man you guys are depressing me.  DA will be the most hated man in Boston if you are right.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Predictions on final record and seed?:
    [QUOTE]Man you guys are depressing me.  DA will be the most hated man in Boston if you are right.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

we were not going to get the 1 seed with Perk and a minor move for a backup SF

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In Response to Predictions on final record and seed?:
    [QUOTE]We were 23-4... that is like being a historic 72-10 team Since we've went 18-10... that is like being 53-29 and a #4 or 5 seed So currently 41-14, I say we become a 61-21 #2 seed, 2 games ahead of the Bulls and 3 games behind the Heat. Thoughts?
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In Response to Predictions on final record and seed?:
    [QUOTE]We were 23-4... that is like being a historic 72-10 team Since we've went 18-10... that is like being 53-29 and a #4 or 5 seed So currently 41-14, I say we become a 61-21 #2 seed, 2 games ahead of the Bulls and 3 games behind the Heat. Thoughts?
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

Are you aware that the Heat been losing games ?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

We may be the second or third seed depending on the play of West and Green who will be giving Ray and Paul a lot of rest.  Davis and Green will give KG a lot of rest for the remainder of the year.  The reserves Green, Baby, and West will determine how many wins we have , Doc had no choice but to rest the top guns a lot during the rest of the season or risk entering the playoffs with a worn dowm team, that is what Danny is doing with the trades and buy outs now.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

[QUOTE]WHO IS TO SAY WE BEAT THE BOBCATS IN RD 1?
    Posted by bruins8[/QUOTE]

What the team that just traded their only ever all-star for dog food.  Come on stop being so defeatist

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

[QUOTE]1. Bulls 2. Heat 3. Celts
    Posted by SoxRock1[/QUOTE]

Agreed with or without the trade this is what I think it would have been

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

I am not sure about the final record. The new players will allow us to match up better with most teams, but not the Magic or the Lakers. Since we will not play the Lakers, or the Magic again before the play-offs, we could finish very well in the regular season. Number one seed in the East is very possible.

It is the play-offs against the Magic and the Lakers that worry me more.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

I think we'll fall to 3rd place. Mainly because of potential chemistry issues with the new players. Miami and Chicago kept their teams in tact for the most part. 

I think it's a toss up between Miami and Chicago for the number 1 seed. It's hard to tell at this point. They match up well with each other.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The Celtics have been the best team in the East all season. What are you talking about?  If Shaq came back next week as he is supposed to with Perkins here you actually think we would not have been the one seed.

With all the changes we may not be now but consider what we had before you say we would have ended up being the 3 seed anyway. Not true unless health became the issue.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

i'm with danny. he's a risk taking, excellent GM in my opinion. let him complete his maneuvering. we didn't have any guarantees before just like we don't have any now. whatever our final record and seed turns out to be, my prediction is nobody in the east is going to want to face the boston celtics.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Danny made a great tarde with some risk

Shaq is the key to making it work

If we get 14-16 mins from him starting in March thru the end of the year and just a 9-5-1, we should get the 2 seed.

We'll lose another 6-7 games... but Miami/Chicago has to be on FIRE... like 4-5 rr 2-4 loss teams to overtake us

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

I dunno Rame..

It IS a big gamble. Can we really rely on Shaq staying healthy for the rest of the regular season, and especially the playoffs when he would have to excert MORE energy on those old knees, hips and ankles??

We really can't rely on JON being 100%, and Krstic I'm just not sold on defensively. So, that leaves us with a THIN front line potentially.

This is one of those trades to where you really have to "wait and see".

As for Chicago, I think they're a really good team, especially with Noah back. They gave us trouble in the playoffs a couple of years ago and they have a better coach in Thibs, play better defense, Rose is having an MVP season, and have above average interior scorers with Noah, Booz, and even Kurt Thomas has been playing well.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertmont. Show vertmont's posts

Gee a lot of doom and gloom here. This team will be good enough to beat any one. Home court would be nice, but in the playoffs you can get home court back very quickly. Team just needs some time to gel again and game on. What's done is done. Go C's.
    Seed the C's get who cares you got to win no matter what court you play on.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Vertmont, want to know why we all worry about home court advantage so much (in addition to seeing our team lose in game 7 last year in LA when the Lakers got a MASSIVE advantage in fouls)?   

In game 7's (where teams are arguable pretty well matched), the home team from 1998 through 2008 won a whopping 72.2% of the time.   Across ALL games during that timeframe, the home team won 77% of the time.  In the Finals, the home team won 80% of the time!!!

Stop pretending that home court advantage doesn't matter.