Premature but why not... Playoff rotation thoughts...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticjay. Show celticjay's posts

Premature but why not... Playoff rotation thoughts...

Assuming the Diesel is rested and and ready to roll.  

For these minutes keep in mind there is an off day between each playoff game.  Sometimes multiple days off.  I'm guessing Doc will keep a rotation of 8-9 depending on the opponent and foul trouble.

STARTERS
    PF KG (36)          -12
    SF PP (40)           -8
    C  SDaddy (26)     -22
    SG RA (40)           -8
    PG RR (42)            -6
                              -56 (left for bench players)
    CORE BENCH
    C/PF BBD  (20)    
    Pg/Sg DWest (16)
    SF/PF Jeff Green (20)

*Just noticed all 3 bench players can play at least 2 positions.  PF is really covered now with Green Baby being able to play that.  Really like the versatility and makes me miss Marquis less and Nate, well no comment there.  Just happy I won't have to scream at my TV anymore, watching him Jack a 3 with 20 on the shot clock.   Best of luck in OKlahoma Nate..

Possible minutes in a pinch
    C Kristic 
    PF Troy Murphy??  (If in shape and in form could move to the rotation for some of baby's minutes)
    PF/C  JO  (if healthy, )

Outside looking in (ML Carr towel waiving club)
    SG Wafer
    PG/SG Bradley

Possible Buyout Options
    Leon Powe  (likely)
    Joel Prysbilla (unlikely)
    Sammy Dalembert (Pipe dream)
    Jason Kapono (Intriguing) for some spacing a few minutes a night.
    Rasual Butler (meh)
    Mike Bibby (No thanks)

This leads me to think of possible permutations

Big Lineup
    Shaq, KG, Green, (Pierce/Allen), Rondo    (Like this)

Semi Big Lineup 
    Murphy/Baby, KG, Green, (Pierce/Allen), Rondo

Small Lineup
    KG, Green, Pierce, Allen, Rondo

Good floor spacing and athleticism.  Nice lineup to run out against a team like the Hawks.  Also, Rondo would really be able to push the tempo.  Green can fill the break...

Could be the close out group.  Green's hitting 80% of his FT's this year and Rondo would have tons of room to make things happen and attack the rim.

After looking at my guesstimation minutes it just reminds me that we don't need 15 players or even 12 we really just need around 9 quality players and we need versatile players that can play multiple positions.  I think the bench as it stands now is MUCH MUCH Better and makes us much Deeper overall.  

POST DEFENCE..  That is a problem...

Sorry this is so long...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Premature but why not... Playoff rotation thoughts...

VERY well done there. Agree with most of it.

I'd put those down as your East and NBA finals mins and hope/assume we give the starters more rest the 1st two rounds.Ray at 34 mins and Green at 26 might be a better bet with all the 6'8"+ Deng's, Turk's, Melo's, Odom's, Dirk's, Marions  and LBJ's lurking. Let PP get some burn @ SG.

JON should get Krstic's playoff mins (all of 4-6 a game) just to foul people or if/when Shaq is in foul trouble. If those mins go to Murphy/Krstic at C b/c JON simply isn't healthy we can live with that.

Look for matchups vs. Bulls and Heat to mean more Green less Baby.

but a healthy Shaq gives us an 8-man ro ready to go!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticjay. Show celticjay's posts

Thanks..

I agree.. Doc definitely would need to manage the minutes in the first round if it is possible.   

Also really like Pierce getting some time at the 2 so he can take a break from Melo, Deng, Bron, etc..   It would be a mini vacation guarding Bogans, Fields, Rush (Not som much facing Joe Johnson or wade).  

If JO is healthy his 6 fouls would be very important agains the Lakers if that does happen.  

Shaq is the Key.  No Shaq no #18...   I hope he's listening and hitting the pool/stairmaster whatever.  Shed 15-20lbs big fella.  Give your knees a break...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticjay. Show celticjay's posts

After last nights game.  Starting to think Green will take some of Baby's minutes.  Just don't like watching baby force his offense, especially when he's playing with the starters.  

Kristic seems pretty motivated and I'm sure Garnett will motivate him...