Props to Baby!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Props to Baby!!!

Big Baby as he has showed in most games this season his incredible value(offense and defense) today.

Rondo, Wafer and Baby led the way against the Miami big three today.

All the geniuses who want to trade BBD for somebody not nearly as valuable hopefully got the message today that this guy is integral to this team and its success.

BBD comes up big in big games.  You need him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: Props to Baby!!!

we do need him.  and he is very effective as a ground-bound mammal.  lol.  man did that blown dunk / drop in attempt hurt!!  i'm the biggest davis fan and he just gave all these clown critics a bunch of ammo, BUT he went on to have a very very nice game for the celts.  i love this guy's heart and tenacity and a lot of people would have become crestfallen to the point where they would have benen taken ouf of their game- fortunatley for davis the crestfallen was all jammed into the first five seconds of head hanging after the "flunk"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

The best statement above is "BBD comes up big in big games".  I love this guy.....even if he provided the comic relief in this game.  Normally that's Perk's job (comic relief).

BBD is one of the untouchables on this team in a trade along with the starting 5.  He will never get it but I do think he deserves real consideration for 6th man of the year.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

BBD absolutely deserves it.  I also hope they sign this guy and don't let him dangle out there in free agency.

The heat or the magic would love this guy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Yes.. HE jus keeps getting better every year..He is an "old school" player..Paul Silas clone...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Props to Baby!!!:

[QUOTE]Big Baby as he has showed in most games this season his incredible value(offense and defense) today. Rondo, Wafer and Baby led the way against the Miami big three today. All the geniuses who want to trade BBD for somebody not nearly as valuable hopefully got the message today that this guy is integral to this team and its success. BBD comes up big in big games.  You need him.

Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

-

Baby was big.

Nice post and right on the money.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Got to re-sign Big Baby, he plays such a pivotal role for the team!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

This guy would be totally unstoppable if he were 6'10".

Still, he has the best low post moves of any Celtic player.  And he uses the rim to his advantage better than anyone.

When you look at the result of working hard on your game, you need look no further than Baby.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: Props to Baby!!!:
    [QUOTE]Davis is a very skilled player, lacking only explosive leaping ability, but more than compensates sometimes by using his strentgh.  I'm thankful I don't have to make the decision to resign him.  He seems like a prideful guy, but who knows what will happen to his weight with a nice contract. The fact that he's in there to close out games (no matter whether Perk or Shaq is healthy) certainly says a lot. Hey Petey, only problem is if he was 6' 10" he wouldn't be here.....he would have been a lottery pick.
    Posted by jallen3531[/QUOTE]

i guess that's the 64 dollar question with davis.  with previous michlin men in the nba though, the fatties crept up on them fast.  oliver miller, hot plate williams, ANY of them i can think of- they started inflating as soon as they got to the nba.

davis on the other hand has only gotten in better and better condition each year he's been in the league.  i guess he is a risk based on having once been a fat kid but i think he's taken care of those issues now.  if he was going to get "spread" i'd look for him to do it at over age 30.

he's a huge guy and may not have a long nba career.  he may not last over age 30 unless he has super powered joints to go with his large frame.  i say we keep him a celtic because he's done nothing but shown that he IS a celtic in the classic sense of the word being hustle, heart, basketball IQ and continuous improvement despite being an under dog as a guy who is 6-7 and nailed to the floor in a leaugue of guys 6-10 and up and athletic at his position.  he still finds a way to come through big time.

keep him a celtic, you need something fun on this team to watch for the next few years.  and you never know, once the money comes off the books, this team may be poised to become relevant again the same way it did last time, and davis could be a part of it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

If BBD keeps jumping to a minimum like he seemed to do on his dunk he will be around a long time.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]If BBD keeps jumping to a minimum like he seemed to do on his dunk he will be around a long time.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

it is a roundabout wear prevention plan on the knees i suppose

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Yes.. HE jus keeps getting better every year..He is an "old school" player..Paul Silas clone...
    Posted by Ortiz123[/QUOTE]

Agreed !  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

[QUOTE]Yes.. HE jus keeps getting better every year..He is an "old school" player..Paul Silas clone...
    Posted by Ortiz123[/QUOTE]
       I don't see much in common with their games. Baby is a good player but he's not in the same class as Paul Silas. Silas was a great rebounder and was also a terrific open court player for a player of his size.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Props to Baby!!! :    I don't see much in common with their games. Baby is a good player but he's not in the same class as Paul Silas. Silas was a great rebounder and was also a terrific open court player for a player of his size.
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]
    I agree they are totally different players. Silas absolutely vacuumed the boards. Baby can shoot. Silas couldn`t. Both quite valuable. If Davi stays healthy ,he`ll surpass Silas in everything but rebounding.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

I liken Baby to Celtic great Dave Cowens who was also undersized for his position but made up for the same with great energy and hustle.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Hey folks - been travelling so not on this board as much. 

This was a big win for an undermanned Celts team, we own the Heat mentally right now and that is a very good thing. Baby was one of the key players, he brings an attitude that impresses me, and yes, he seems to come up big in big games. 

The only question will be how much he wants dollarwise and if he wants to start games for a team. Otherwise he should be here - especially if we win a ring and he comes up big in the postseason. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]Hey folks - been travelling so not on this board as much.  This was a big win for an undermanned Celts team, we own the Heat mentally right now and that is a very good thing. Baby was one of the key players, he brings an attitude that impresses me, and yes, he seems to come up big in big games.  The only question will be how much he wants dollarwise and if he wants to start games for a team. Otherwise he should be here - especially if we win a ring and he comes up big in the postseason. 
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

well, hopefully his advisor is not a dollar pinching jack@ss and prodding him to "go starter" becuase i don't think that would work out all that well for him.

theoretically, he has a long career ahead of him.  why not spend the next two years as continuing to be the best 6th man in the league and then move onto starter-land?

in that time if he could become a much more solid rebounder he'd be ready to cash in big too. 

but who knows what kind of an agent he has.  i think the guy likes the celtics as a team and the people on it.  not so sure about doc, but at least he knows this system and has flourished.

i can't see the point of signing big and going to a lousy team to play bigger minutes.  are you really going to take all those charges for a team that's going nowhere?  to me it wouldn't be worth it.  he still stands to add a lot of value to himself sticking around here the next year or two, maybe three.