Push for Bibby

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Push for Bibby

Never really like the guy but he can hit the outside shot.  With 3 spots open I hope we make a push for him , if nothing else just to keep the Heat from getting him.  Who would the Heat cut for him or Murph?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Re: Push for Bibby

I don't believe we need a backup PG but if we were to get one I would rather have Ford over Bibby. Ford is the closest thing to Rondo in terms of setting speed and pace of the game. You have 2 PGs with their quickness and speed it's going to keep constant pressure on the opposing teams defense. Bibby has a good shot but aren't Bibby and West pretty much the same player.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Push for Bibby:
    [QUOTE]I don't believe we need a backup PG but if we were to get one I would rather have Ford over Bibby. Ford is the closest thing to Rondo in terms of setting speed and pace of the game. You have 2 PGs with their quickness and speed it's going to keep constant pressure on the opposing teams defense. Bibby has a good shot but aren't Bibby and West pretty much the same player.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

If something happens to either West or Rondo I bet you would change your mind on a PG. Then it would be too late. I have been on record numerous times wanting Ford.  Don't see his name ever mentioned on buyouts though.  Bibby is a very good shooter when he gets time to set up.  West is a lot more of a creator and a lot better defender than Bibby.  Don't think Bibby would come to Boston anyway.  I don't think he likes us.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Not sure Bibby would help the Heat all that much with LeBallHog there.

A true PG would suffocate on that team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Push for Bibby : If something happens to either West or Rondo I bet you would change your mind on a PG. Then it would be too late. I have been on record numerous times wanting Ford.  Don't see his name ever mentioned on buyouts though.  Bibby is a very good shooter when he gets time to set up.  West is a lot more of a creator and a lot better defender than Bibby.  Don't think Bibby would come to Boston anyway.  I don't think he likes us.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Well if anything happens to KG and BBD we're screwed too. What's your point?

So we're going to have Rondo, West and Bibby on the roster JUST IN CASE!! Um no I don't think so. Bibby wants to play, he's not coming to Boston to sit.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

miami, boston, and ny are in the running for him i read. miami has full 15 roster spots. so i think boston or ny. i would like to get him just so the other 2 can't.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Push for Bibby : Well if anything happens to KG and BBD we're screwed too. What's your point? So we're going to have Rondo, West and Bibby on the roster JUST IN CASE!! Um no I don't think so. Bibby wants to play, he's not coming to Boston to sit.

The point is insurance as I said.  I also said that Bibby doesn't like us and probably wouldn't come here.  Maybe we should just go after MIKKI Moore instead.   Do you just want to argue?  You have came up with multiple make no sense acquistions over the last month and you want to rag on this one?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]miami, boston, and ny are in the running for him i read. miami has full 15 roster spots. so i think boston or ny. i would like to get him just so the other 2 can't.
    Posted by PierceIsTheTruth[/QUOTE]

Exactly my point.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Don't like Bibby.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Push for Bibby : The point is insurance as I said.  I also said that Bibby doesn't like us and probably wouldn't come here.  Maybe we should just go after MIKKI Moore instead.   Do you just want to argue?  You have came up with multiple make no sense acquistions over the last month and you want to rag on this one?

Yes because it makes no sense.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Push for Bibby : Yes because it makes no sense.

Insurance with 3 roster spots open probably wouldn't make any sense to you.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Push for Bibby : Insurance with 3 roster spots open probably wouldn't make any sense to you.

So let me get this straight. For two month's all I heard was "wait until West comes back, the 2nd unit will be better when West comes back, Nate can go back to SG when West comes back"

So now that West is back we're going to sign Bibby?? Well alrighty then

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Bias,
    You could not be more right. West is back. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Push for Bibby : So let me get this straight. For two month's all I heard was "wait until West comes back, the 2nd unit will be better when West comes back, Nate can go back to SG when West comes back" So now that West is back we're going to sign Bibby?? Well alrighty then

Well that was probably you saying that because it sure as heck wasn't me. As usual you don't get the point.  1. we keep the heat from getting him. 2. we get insurance. 3. I have said all along I would also take Ford. 4. That also means Delonte gives Ray more of a rest so he will be better long term. 5.  I know this is anything as great as a Mikki Moore pickup but I did try.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I'm sticking with Bias, we don't need Bibby!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Delonte is playing great at pg. and 2 guard. Bibby would not be happy sitting the pine for insurance. The C's don't need a pouting veteran on the team.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

If I had a say with DA out of all the buy out candidates the 3 I would go for is Dalembert,Powe and Butler. I think Dalembert would immensely improve with the guys we got in lockeroom,his physical abilities have never been the problem with him its always been his consistency. Butler would be instant offense off the bench. Powe if he has anything at all left in those legs,just because the guy is a guy that's easy to root for. Bibby just doesn't do it for me,never has.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

OneOnOne, nevermind you're talking in circles.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Delonte is playing great at pg. and 2 guard. Bibby would not be happy sitting the pine for insurance. The C's don't need a pouting veteran on the team.
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

I agree with you.  But I don't want the Heat to get him and we do have 3 roster spots.  Like i have said  I don't think Bibby likes us anyway.  You guys would not be very happy if something happened to Rondo or West and Bradley was all we had left.  My number one choice all along has been Ford, but that probably won't happen either.  For the record I HAVE NEVER LIKED BIBBY EITHER.    Really didn't like Shaq before he got here but have since changed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Bias, You could not be more right. West is back. 
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

West has a history of injuries, what if he isn't back for long?  AB anyone?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from markes8336. Show markes8336's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Push for Bibby : I agree with you.  But I don't want the Heat to get him and we do have 3 roster spots.  Like i have said  I don't think Bibby likes us anyway.  You guys would not be very happy if something happened to Rondo or West and Bradley was all we had left.  My number one choice all along has been Ford, but that probably won't happen either.  For the record I HAVE NEVER LIKED BIBBY EITHER.    Really didn't like Shaq before he got here but have since changed.

Who are the Heat going to cut to take Bibby? They have a full roster. If you are worried about NY wanting him, perhaps their is logic in taking Bibby 'defensively' (not that I agree). I don't see the Heat as a major player for Bibby...but I have been wrong before.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celt101. Show Celt101's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Push for Bibby : West has a history of injuries, what if he isn't back for long?  AB anyone?

I agree on all your points.  What else would one suggest?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Push for Bibby : Who are the Heat going to cut to take Bibby? They have a full roster. If you are worried about NY wanting him, perhaps their is logic in taking Bibby 'defensively' (not that I agree). I don't see the Heat as a major player for Bibby...but I have been wrong before.
    Posted by markes8336[/QUOTE]

Who knows.  Just reading this article about the Heat PG problems,
    http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoopmiamiheat/post/_/id/4871/the-heats-loss-is-a-case-in-point

Anyway it beats talking more about Perkins. I guess.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from markes8336. Show markes8336's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Push for Bibby : Who knows.  Just reading this article about the Heat PG problems, http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoopmiamiheat/post/_/id/4871/the-heats-loss-is-a-case-in-point Anyway it beats talking more about Perkins. I guess.

LOL. On THAT, we agree.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

If anything get another shooter, not another PG.

Rondo and West is a good tandem for now

Ray Allen and Von Wafer I don't sleep as well with this combo.

Get Rasual Butler or Jason Kapono