Push for Bibby

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Push for Bibby

In Response to Re: Push for Bibby:
    [QUOTE]If anything get another shooter, not another PG. Rondo and West is a good tandem for now Ray Allen and Von Wafer I don't sleep as well with this combo. Get Rasual Butler or Jason Kapono
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Yea Butler really makes sense to pick up as a shooter.  Out of 9 seasons in the NBA he has shot over 40% from the field 4 times.  5 Times under 40%.  Lifetime 40% shooter from the field.  Yea lets get him to shoot for us.  Maybe you would sleep well with this type of shooting.  Maybe he could just jack up 3's for us.  He does shoot those at a  36% clip.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Im all set with Bibby, we need bigs to rebound and play "D"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

BOSTON HATES BIBBY!!! He is booed every time he touches the ball.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

and he looks really goofy with that stupid head band on! just say no to bibby. lol

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

I would rather see the Celtics use an open roster spot on Leon Powe versus Bibby. They really have no use for Bibby. At least Powe gets the culture and knows the system.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oleme. Show oleme's posts

No D with Bibby.  Need size.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

[QUOTE]I think you make an excellent point; all these open roster issues could be more defensive in an arms race with other teams.  But then again we have to play our game and sometimes if you cannot find minutes for guys it could more bad than good.  All this talk about Troy Murphy, when is he going to play; Shaq, Jermaine, Baby, Nenad....   at some point folks are going to be healthy and all this talk about insurance could wear thin.  I think our backcourt is set with D-West and Von Wafer...  You can't keep telling people to sacrifice and buy-in and then go on the market and say we need Bibby. 
    Posted by ShepherdCall[/QUOTE]

If Murphy hits the boards as hard as he has in the past, he could start. He could also back up KG. We had one healthy center last game, so I don't think there will be any issues finding minutes for him. Jermaine may never play.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

One on One,
    You have to make choices you are saying bring in Bibby because the now healthy West is not going to be able to stay that way.  You could say that with the whole starting five. They are all potentially not going to stay healthy based on the recent past.  Except maybe for Ray.

Bibby as I am sure you know will never come here for a litany of reasons.  The main one is he will never get any real minutes on the floor.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]If anything get another shooter, not another PG. Rondo and West is a good tandem for now Ray Allen and Von Wafer I don't sleep as well with this combo. Get Rasual Butler or Jason Kapono
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Agreed!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bfletch56. Show bfletch56's posts

West looked good the other night. I say roll with him! Bringing in Bibby just crowds the backcourt.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celt101. Show Celt101's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Push for Bibby : West has a history of injuries, what if he isn't back for long?  AB anyone?
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Point made!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]West looked good the other night. I say roll with him! Bringing in Bibby just crowds the backcourt.
    Posted by bfletch56[/QUOTE]

Roll with him?!?! Your being funny, right as West rolled his ankle in practice?

Bibby update: Miami also is interested in point guard Mike Bibby if he can obtain a buyout from the Washington Wizards. The Washington Post reported on Sunday that Bibby's agent, David Falk, will meet with the Wizards Monday to discuss buyout terms.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Stop with all the POWE talk....no thank you.  There is no sentimental value when going for banner 18!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I wouldnt normally make a play for Bibby, but with DWest out again and the Celts being so Snake bit  with injuries...maybe we should pick Bibby up.

We have 3 opens roster spots and almost anyone we get isnt gonna see much playoff action so why not use one of the spots for some PG insuranace.

West and his injuries & other issues for the past 2 years is making me too uncomfortable to rely upon.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]I wouldnt normally make a play for Bibby, but with DWest out again and the Celts being so Snake bit  with injuries...maybe we should pick Bibby up. We have 3 opens roster spots and almost anyone we get isnt gonna see much playoff action so why not use one of the spots for some PG insuranace. West and his injuries & other issues for the past 2 years is making me too uncomfortable to rely upon.
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

Gee I am glad someone else finally sees the importance of a backup PG.  Bradley can't cut it. Playoffs you got to be kidding.   Bias has been ragging on this suggestion all morning that we didn't need a backup pg in case of injuries.   I beg to differ.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

If we get Murphy there will be no reason to go after Powe ... Makes more sense to get Butler or Kapono and Bibby ... Lakers have interest in Kapono.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]Bibby 's Eddie Houses's brother in law .   He's going to Miami.
    Posted by darrylfries[/QUOTE]

Even after losing to the Knicks last night?

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]One on One, You have to make choices you are saying bring in Bibby because the now healthy West is not going to be able to stay that way.  You could say that with the whole starting five. They are all potentially not going to stay healthy based on the recent past.  Except maybe for Ray. Bibby as I am sure you know will never come here for a litany of reasons.  The main one is he will never get any real minutes on the floor.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

I am saying we need a backup PG. Bibby, Ford, etc.  Been saying that all year.  Delonte is already injured.  Like I said earlier he has a history of it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

"Mike Bibby, who will reportedly reach a buyout with Wash. and give back more than $6 million for next season, intends to sign with Miami"

woudl be funny if they waved eddie house for him. well they got a starting point gaurd now. or do they?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]That just made it obvious the Heat needs players.   Even Bibby who has little left will help.     Just hope they don't get Murphy.
    Posted by darrylfries[/QUOTE]

You don't really think a guy with a surname like Murphy will turn down an opportunity to play for The Green, The Leprechaun Mascotted Celtics, The Boston Celtics ... Second city to all proud Irishmen from or related to the Emerald Isle, do you now? .... Really?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]"Mike Bibby, who will reportedly reach a buyout with Wash. and give back more than $6 million for next season, intends to sign with Miami" woudl be funny if they waved eddie house for him. well they got a starting point gaurd now. or do they?
    Posted by PierceIsTheTruth[/QUOTE]

Now that would be priceless.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

He is a Doc kind of player...