putting an end to the Rondo nonsense.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

putting an end to the Rondo nonsense.

okay grreat article just read: 

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/

Which effectivley should put the Rondo nonsense to bed for any reasonable person.

Some highlights:

Here are the Celtics over the last four years with Rondo and without him. 

2011-12: 104.4 96.7
    2010-11: 110.1 100.8
    2009-10: 108.7 107.3
    2008-09: 112.9 107.0

He rises to the occasion for big games

it breaks down the shots Jason terry is suddenly making. These are the exact same shots Terry was missing before Rondo went down.

It shows the way the defense had started improving before Rondo went down and the way Both Lee and Green were starting to play better as well. Again BEFORE Rondo went down. 

And most importantly it reminds everyone that it has been FOUR GAMES!

Great article. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: putting an end to the Rondo nonsense.

It's wild how many people want to just decide an issue because of 4 games of play. 

At the end of the day all that matters is the record at the end of the year and how far a team went in the playoffs.

That's when opinion becomes fact. 

Until then no one has any idea how much better or worse this team is without Rondo.  

Seasons aren't made and lost in  a 4 game home stand in February.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

It's wild how many people want to just decide an issue because of 4 games of play. 

At the end of the day all that matters is the record at the end of the year and how far a team went in the playoffs.

Until then no one has any idea how much better or worse this team is without Rondo.  

I know. The article I mentioned researched four YEARS of evidence that demonstrates how much better our team has been with Rondo vs without him.

Yet, suddenly people think that Rondo is going to get traded on the basis of four games. Also and this is the think I don't understand. Everyone is forgetting the Celtics went on a run the second half of last year with ROndo. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:

I know. The article I mentioned researched four YEARS of evidence that demonstrates how much better our team has been with Rondo vs without him.

Yet, suddenly people think that Rondo is going to get traded on the basis of four games. Also and this is the think I don't understand. Everyone is forgetting the Celtics went on a run the second half of last year with ROndo. 

And took Miami to 7 with Rondo.

I guess we will see how it all plays out this year.

I am not as much pro Rondo as I am anti idiocy. some people make a very well reasoned analysys of why they don't like Rondo's game. 

Others act like "oh see its' been 4 games" told you so.

The "told you so" doesn't happen until the end of the year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

~~~~~~~~Celtics will not accept it --->but the blame supposed to be the monotonous role of Rondo for many years. They need to re-organize the  chalk board....not Rondo...but if they can find a franchise trade...i don't mind to get rid of Rondo

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Which effectivley should put the Rondo nonsense to bed for any reasonable person.

Some highlights:

it breaks down the shots Jason terry is suddenly making. These are the exact same shots Terry was missing before Rondo went down.

It shows the way the defense had started improving before Rondo went down and the way Both Lee and Green were starting to play better as well. Again BEFORE Rondo went down. 

Great article. 

If only 4 games isnt a reasonable amount  of  evidence or sample size, then how are you coming to the conclusion the team is better with Rondo??

Sometimes its not even fun when its so easy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

Some highlights:

Great article. 

If only 4 games isnt a reasonable amount  of  evidence or sample size, then how are you coming to the conclusion the team is better with Rondo??

Are you being serious? 

The sample size with Rondo is 475 games. there is a long body or work with Rondo playing for the Celtics.

This will be the first extended period without Rondo. 4 games is nothing, its going to be the rest of the season and the entire playoffs.

Myself I think the answer will be  at the end of the day that it didn't matter a whole lot one way or the other.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

08-09, Rondo missed 2 regular season games, 09-10, he missed 1 regular season game.

4 games is no definitive indication, I completely agree,  but neither is 1 or 2 games.  The rest of the years, it looks like, Rondo missed a little over 10 games.  My point is Rondo does not miss many games and what are the circumstances with the games he misses, who are they playing, and who else was hurt or played instead of him?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Some highlights:

Great article. 

Uhm, because he has been the point guard for like five years. That's like 410 games vs 4 games. Not so easy is it? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Some highlights:

Great article. 

Are you being serious? 

The sample size with Rondo is 475 games. there is a long body or work with Rondo playing for the Celtics.

This will be the first extended period without Rondo. 4 games is nothing, its going to be the rest of the season and the entire playoffs.

Myself I think the answer will be  at the end of the day that it didn't matter a whole lot one way or the other.

so if 4 games is nothing...how can anyone conclude the Celtics are better or worse with him..??

Simple enough.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Some highlights:

Great article. 

Are you being serious? 

so if 4 games is nothing...how can anyone conclude the Celtics are better or worse with him..??

Simple enough.

I agree.

Glad you think so as well.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

4 games does not mean a zhyte -- as i said blame the celtics coaching and management - they used the same chalk board game over and over

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

except we are 7-3 with out Rondo this year

and we were 8-5 withj out him last year.

15-8 over 23 games..better winning % than we had with him those two years...is 23 games enough to say for sure....probably not.

but if we have a better winning % after a combined 40 games, I think we may be on to something.

I am not sure what all those numbers you quoted are (as I have yet to read the blog) but I think we can all agree that winning % is really the only thing that matters.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

One more thought, Rondo was very valuable all those years because we had no PG backup.  If Rondo was out, we were really struggling at times without him because we were so shallow at that position.  Unlike this year, where we have a little depth at PG.  Rondo not a bad player, but I hope they don't go back to no ball movement offense we have been doing a lot this year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to kdp59's comment:

15-8 over 23 games..better winning % than we had with him those two years...is 23 games enough to say for sure....probably not.

but if we have a better winning % after a combined 40 games, I think we may be on to something.

I am not sure what all those numbers you quoted are (as I have yet to read the blog) but I think we can all agree that winning % is really the only thing that matters.

No.  How far a team goes in the playoffs is really the only thing that matters.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Winning more regular season games put you in a better position to go further into the playoffs.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to scubber's comment:

Winning more regular season games put you in a better position to go further into the playoffs.

Right...but he said winning percentage is "the only thing that matters".  I know that winning more regular season games gives you higher seeding obviously.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

well of course that is true for Championships.

but if you are trying to say that the Celtics could win less regular season games, but somehow be a better playoff team WITH Rondo (or anyone else for that matter) I aint buying that one, sorry.

again I hvae NO IDEA if the Celtics are a better team without Rondo...I do know that in the past two years the Celtics have had a better winning % without him.

IF that continues (without major roster changes), at some point we all have to admit that there is something here.

I would say after another 15 or so games we should all be able to agree one way or the other.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

well of course that is true for Championships.

but if you are trying to say that the Celtics could win less regular season games, but somehow be a better playoff team WITH Rondo (or anyone else for that matter) I aint buying that one, sorry.

again I hvae NO IDEA if the Celtics are a better team without Rondo...I do know that in the past two years the Celtics have had a better winning % without him.

IF that continues (without major roster changes), at some point we all have to admit that there is something here.

I would say after another 15 or so games we should all be able to agree one way or the other.

Not trying to give you a hard time.  What I am saying is last year the team did well in the playoffs with Rondo.  If this year they played great the rest or the regular season and then got punked out in the first round I would not think that they were better this year without Rondo.

It would make no sense that I would.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Something to else  consider folks.  

In the win against the Clippers the other day our bench scored over 50 points.

last year in the playoff game 7 against the Heat. Our bench scored 2 points. 

I point this out becuase It's my belief around January our defense starting improving and Green and Lee started improving. Since then Terry has improved and of course barbosa was always good and is now getting minutes and shows our depth.

Last year we were a second half of the season team (with Rondo). This year we will be as well (without Rondo). I think the Cetics are going to make some noise without our point guard, but I think it's not becuase the Celtics are better without Rondo,

It's because Green, Terry, Barbosa, Wilcox,  and Collins are better than

Keyon Dooling, Pietrius, Stiemsma, E'Twaun Moore, Ryan Hollins and Marquis Daniels. 

The Celtics bench is light years ahead of last years unit. It just took them half a season to figure out the Celtics brand of defense. 

I think going forward that will pay dividends. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

Trade Rondo.

+1

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Trade Rondo.

get used to him. He's not going anywhere. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Trade Rondo.

I doubt that. Winning team with your most tradeable chip out = business is good

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to cabutan's comment:

Trade Rondo.

I doubt that. Winning team with your most tradeable chip out = business is good

When Your coach and GM laugh at the notion of trading a player. That's a sign it's not going to happen. Wanna wager though?