Question for Moderator

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Question for Moderator

Hello;
    Thanks for the ignore button.  It saves me some headaches.
    But, as sometimes individuals start threads about other teams besides the Celtics on the Celtic board.
    Is there a way to ignore the threads they start, so I don't have to see their irrelevant discussion titles when I log on to Celtics on the Front Burner.
    It would help.
    Thanks for your time,
    Breaktime

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Re: Question for Moderator

In Response to Re: Question for Moderator:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Question for Moderator : bla bla bla... can we put breaktime on ignore before we have to read his dribble threads like this one? he contributes NOTHING!
    Posted by CAPITALIST_AVENGER[/QUOTE]
    Hi capitalist avenger aka communist contrarian.
    Never could figure out why posters need multiple identiies, unless they don't want to claim responsibility for all the nonsense they post.
    Guess you go on ignore, too.
    One less headache

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Question for Moderator : bla bla bla... can we put breaktime on ignore before we have to read his dribble threads like this one? he contributes NOTHING!
    Posted by CAPITALIST_AVENGER[/QUOTE]
    Aren't you a woman along with CC? Your threads are otherworldly.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from docomospur. Show docomospur's posts

I'd like to have this function too. Would be nice to eliminate the many garbage threads that clog up the front burner page.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersdude. Show lakersdude's posts

Why bother to censor?

I have never blocked anyone, no matter how weird or rude they get. As long as you don't take the anonymous rants of random strangers personally, (which takes more effort) I think they are universally damn entertaining.

There is something less than honorable, in my opinion, about censoring anything. Especially self censoring. I mean, it's just opinions on sports, for crying out loud. We're not even talking about nazi paraphernalia or racist propaganda ... so I would respectfully chill.

Summary : Opinions on sports. Go home team! Boo visiting team. Etc.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lakerstroll. Show Lakerstroll's posts

I want a buffoon button, that automatically blocks them without having to individually select them. The programs would know who they are by the nonsense they post, like the Burbank Buffoon (AKA red-russ) for instance.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersdude. Show lakersdude's posts

Awesome

[QUOTE]Lakers dude makes a lot of sense. I can't see that feature coming, guys, sorry. My personal issues are two fold: 1.  While I don't necessarily mind the threads started about other teams (you can choose to go on, or not - and if you do, you're on your own).  I DO mind a thread started about the Celtics that gets interupted by lakers trolls.  Since there are plenty of threads already about the lakers, they should post there.   Most of know the plight of our team this year, and don't need to be constantly reminded. 2.  As a couple have mentioned, the ignore feature is nice, and I do use it when I get fed up with the lunacy.......but, as I've told both lakers and Celtics fans on this forum - you MIGHT feel differently if you were being personally attacked.  Even on ignore, you can still read the insults if people hit the reply button.  Now,  I don't know about you, but I don't like being called a buffoon, seeing my first name on the Internet, or having to prove something over and over and over again, only to be told I haven't proven anything. I apologize to everyone, but I am not built that way.  I know a lot about basketball, have played it, reffed it, and now coach it.  I've studied it, gone to clinics and worked at camps.  Met Dave Cowens, KC Jones, Danny Ainge,  and the list goes on.  I don't like being told I lack knowledge. I apologize again for all my shortcomings - but.....there is a limit on what I will tolerate!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

A lovely post from a quality individual. I enjoyed it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Awesome

In Response to Re: Awesome:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Awesome : Thank you!
    Red make your mind. This is a Celtics board and these laker trolls are here to annoy and disrupt the discussion for Celtics fans. It is essentially harassment by cowards. If this is a first amendment issue of course you could say that they have  a right, but trolls first off our children just attempting to make themselves more annoying and childish by bringing freedom of speech into it.

You say you are more upset about being personally attacked.  These trolls have no crediblity so why even care. The fact is you should support letting these idiots find a another forum where there Laker nonsense can be stomached by their own fans.  Really the bb is being invaded by probably three people at most who have multiple identities.  The Celtics threads are fewer lately and their presence is only magnified.  I am shocked an anonymous BB where children are engaging in a back and forth that you willingly engage them in are letting yourself get offended.  The problem is they are making the BB a less enjoyable place to talk Celtics basketball and there is no moderator to watch this.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

[QUOTE]I want a buffoon button, that automatically blocks them without having to individually select them. The programs would know who they are by the nonsense they post, like the Burbank Buffoon (AKA red-russ) for instance.
    Posted by Lakerstroll[/QUOTE]

Lol!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]Good job,son, nice post!!
    I don't agree with you but you are one of the posters who brings something to the BB so do what you want. This nonsense is not going to end unless policy changes at BDC.  Even as if you say you like to discuss things other than the Celtics you have to realize that these people inhibit the BB with their full bore nonsense.  

Trolls constantly insult you on this Board, one troll compliments you and all is forgiven.  I think this BB over the last few weeks has become a much worse place because of them. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Question for Moderator : All is NOT forgiven - oh no.  lakersdude has never insulted me, so he gets respect until he does.  lakerstroll is an ignorant person who cannot make a post without using the word buffoon.  The next post where lakerstroll adds something about basketball will be the first.  Elven is a child, you know how I feel about Majic (read the red), and mtrax/gina/guyfromCT is just a liar and the spin doctor - all basically useless.  GK knows hoop - and he and I go back and forth, but at the end of the day, it's just a game!!
    It is a game but they are not playing the game fair. They are cyber pests and we don't go on their team's boards and pester them.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Re: Why bother to censor?

In Response to Why bother to censor?:
    [QUOTE]I have never blocked anyone, no matter how weird or rude they get. As long as you don't take the anonymous rants of random strangers personally, (which takes more effort) I think they are universally damn entertaining. There is something less than honorable, in my opinion, about censoring anything. Especially self censoring. I mean, it's just opinions on sports, for crying out loud. We're not even talking about nazi paraphernalia or racist propaganda ... so I would respectfully chill. Summary : Opinions on sports. Go home team! Boo visiting team. Etc.
    Posted by lakersdude[/QUOTE]
    As you're confusing having a choice with censorship, regarding my suggestion to the moderator, your whole argument is flawed.
    Putting someone on ignore because you find most of what they post annoying and/or offensive is no different than ignoring certain tv shows or music.  People who enjoy them can still watch or listen to them.  Same for posts on the Celtic board by fans of other nba teams.
    Censoring someone would be more in line with banning them from posting on this board, which is something I would not like to see.  People do have a right to post, even if they don't make any sense or are just posting to offend or annoy.
    I don't like the slippery slope you run into when you start banning people, no matter how rude, offensive, or ignorant they may be.
    But you do illustrate in a limited way why I push the ignore button on a lot (but not all) laker and knick trolls.  You put words in peoples' mouths in order to construct strawman arguments.  Easy to win an argument if you're writing the words to both sides of it.
    I'm certain you ignore things you find disagreeable in your life.  Think about it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In Response to Re: Why bother to censor?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Why bother to censor? : As you're confusing having a choice with censorship, regarding my suggestion to the moderator, your whole argument is flawed. Putting someone on ignore because you find most of what they post annoying and/or offensive is no different than ignoring certain tv shows or music.  People who enjoy them can still watch or listen to them.  Same for posts on the Celtic board by fans of other nba teams. Censoring someone would be more in line with banning them from posting on this board, which is something I would not like to see.  People do have a right to post, even if they don't make any sense or are just posting to offend or annoy. I don't like the slippery slope you run into when you start banning people, no matter how rude, offensive, or ignorant they may be. But you do illustrate in a limited way why I push the ignore button on a lot (but not all) laker and knick trolls.  You put words in peoples' mouths in order to construct strawman arguments.  Easy to win an argument if you're writing the words to both sides of it. I'm certain you ignore things you find disagreeable in your life.  Think about it.
    Posted by breaktime[/QUOTE]
    I couldn't disagree more. Freedom of speech has nothing to do with harassment and pestering with no restraint.  These idiots take on multiple identities and have fake interactions going on that are pathetic, but also create disruption that impedes the interaction of Celtics fans.  You seem as annoyed as I am but with you attitude nothing will get done. This not a freedom of speech issue. This is a harassment issue.  You are smart of enough to know that.  This BB without some kind of monitoring will be ruined by as few as  two little idiots playing a ridiculous yet elaborate prank.

This is harassment not a freedom of speech issue.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why bother to censor? : I couldn't disagree more. Freedom of speech has nothing to do with harassment and pestering with no restraint.  These idiots take on multiple identities and have fake interactions going on that are pathetic, but also create disruption that impedes the interaction of Celtics fans.  You seem as annoyed as I am but with you attitude nothing will get done. This not a freedom of speech issue. This is a harassment issue.  You are smart of enough to know that.  This BB without some kind of monitoring will be ruined by as few as  two little idiots playing a ridiculous yet elaborate prank. This is harassment not a freedom of speech issue.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

I've been much more annoyed in the past by Celtic trolls than by Laker trolls. IMHO, the Celtic trolls set the confrontational tone for the board, not the Laker trolls.

I've found the Laker trolls to be far more creative and interesting.. the way they bait other posters into engaging in pointless give and take.

They are utterly irresistible and I find that fascinating.

But then in a topless bar, I find watching the patrons more interesting that the strippers.

The patrons are the fools, not the dancers. For the dancers, its strictly business.

For the patrons... they are clueless... much like the Celtic trolls.

Pud

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why bother to censor? : I couldn't disagree more. Freedom of speech has nothing to do with harassment and pestering with no restraint.  These idiots take on multiple identities and have fake interactions going on that are pathetic, but also create disruption that impedes the interaction of Celtics fans.  You seem as annoyed as I am but with you attitude nothing will get done. This not a freedom of speech issue. This is a harassment issue.  You are smart of enough to know that.  This BB without some kind of monitoring will be ruined by as few as  two little idiots playing a ridiculous yet elaborate prank. This is harassment not a freedom of speech issue.
    Even tho the moderator(s) seem to be MIA, they are there.  I think they'll only intervene if a poster repeatedly puts up something blatantly racist, obscene, or offensive to the nth degree.  The little slaps by laker and other trolls saying in so many words how  the Celtics are old, are going down, how Celtic fans don't know anything, no matter how times they put them up, aren't going to be considered offensive enough or harassment enough for any action to be taken against them.  Basically, they're just juvenile remarks that bring down the level of this board.  I agree they are ruining this board to an extent, but I don't see any direct action being taken by the moderator(s).
    That's why I'd like to see posters who care about the quality of this board being given another tool so  we can view this board in a  better way.
    I know this didn't directly address what you replied, concord27.  As to whether it's a freedom of speech or harassment issue, guess we're just gonna have to agree to disagree.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why bother to censor? : Even tho the moderator(s) seem to be MIA, they are there.  I think they'll only intervene if a poster repeatedly puts up something blatantly racist, obscene, or offensive to the nth degree.  The little slaps by laker and other trolls saying in so many words how  the Celtics are old, are going down, how Celtic fans don't know anything, no matter how times they put them up, aren't going to be considered offensive enough or harassment enough for any action to be taken against them.  Basically, they're just juvenile remarks that bring down the level of this board.  I agree they are ruining this board to an extent, but I don't see any direct action being taken by the moderator(s). That's why I'd like to see posters who care about the quality of this board being given another tool so  we can view this board in a  better way. I know this didn't directly address what you replied, concord27.  As to whether it's a freedom of speech or harassment issue, guess we're just gonna have to agree to disagree.
    Posted by breaktime[/QUOTE]
    Neither of us is to blame but it is really hurting the board.  I think the  end of the era is also effecting the basic quality of the board responses.  I am sorry to see the quality of the discourse degenerate so much. But it's not like this BB was for intellectual discussion in the first place.   We have to live with or leave it to the people who enjoy it.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why bother to censor? : I've been much more annoyed in the past by Celtic trolls than by Laker trolls. IMHO, the Celtic trolls set the confrontational tone for the board, not the Laker trolls. I've found the Laker trolls to be far more creative and interesting.. the way they bait other posters into engaging in pointless give and take. They are utterly irresistible and I find that fascinating. But then in a topless bar, I find watching the patrons more interesting that the strippers. The patrons are the fools, not the dancers. For the dancers, its strictly business. For the patrons... they are clueless... much like the Celtic trolls. Pud  
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

Pud,
    You always put a unique spin on things, but I don't agree. The BB for me is not advanced but these children.  You will see that the end of the big three is also allowing these trolls to harass and bait more than ever.   I enjoy your posts though.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

laker trolls are encouraged to be here primarily by the actions of one particular celtic poster, who - not insignificantly - also just happens to be a pioneer in the bdc multiple-ID arena. i've been watching this foolishness for four years and have no reservations regarding the accuracy of my accusation.

if laker trolls are a problem for our more well-intentioned posters, then the latter should figure a way cut the problem off at it's source either by removal of this certain poster or by somehow forcing changed behaviour upon this certain poster.

or NOT. as a matter of fact, laker threads driven by these cyber hooligans responding to you-know-who seem to continually generate lots of interest and activity. bdc is surely aware of this and apparently supports this.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why bother to censor? : Pud, You always put a unique spin on things, but I don't agree. The BB for me is not advanced but these children.  You will see that the end of the big three is also allowing these trolls to harass and bait more than ever.   I enjoy your posts though.  

I find the BB to be more tolerant, more diverse and in a lot of ways more interesting and honest as the era draws to a close.

I got called far worse names two years ago than now... (and I didn't change.)

The board works better when I ignore folks who bother me. Otherwise they will get under my skin... which is all too often their whole point.

Developing thick skin is important... particularly in situations where you have no control over others, only control over yourself and your reaction to others.

You ought to see my file of posts that I drafted angry as hell and then walked away from, glad that I never hit the send button... but only after I cooled down.

Don't let folks know what really gets under your skin. Then they have all the power... and you have nothing but pain.

Pud

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Bp,
    We don't agree with everything each other says, but you are a welcome poster in my book

This individual you mention if I am right is not on the BB today but the level of nonsense from trolls here has reached a crescendo without him here.  

I think that poster provides information and usually insightful remarks about the Celtics.  I have never had a problem with him even when we disagree.

The Laker trolls provide nothing but baiting and harassment.  I am tired of commenting on it because I sound like a broken record.  Your point of view is valid as several others I respect agree with you.  I am going to predict the BB will suffer further and people will stop posting here.  Which I guess is a victory for the children here.  Since the trade deadline it is like watching paint dry around here anyway.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why bother to censor? : I find the BB to be more tolerant, more diverse and in a lot of ways more interesting and honest as the era draws to a close. I got called far worse names two years ago than now... (and I didn't change.) The board works better when I ignore folks who bother me. Otherwise they will get under my skin... which is all too often their whole point. Developing thick skin is important... particularly in situations where you have no control over others, only control over yourself and your reaction to others. You ought to see my file of posts that I drafted angry as hell and then walked away from, glad that I never hit the send button... but only after I cooled down. Don't let folks know what really gets under your skin. Then they have all the power... and you have nothing but pain. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]
    Keep posting Pud.  I can't tell you how many times I have laughed reading some of your comments.  When I looked at Rondo last night not wanting to take the game in his hands I thought of you.  This kid is talented and we needed him last night and he did not seem to get it, that taking over is what great players do when teams hit a road block like in the latter part of the third period. R9R as you call him step up now if you can.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why bother to censor? : Neither of us is to blame but it is really hurting the board.  I think the  end of the era is also effecting the basic quality of the board responses.  I am sorry to see the quality of the discourse degenerate so much. But it's not like this BB was for intellectual discussion in the first place.   We have to live with or leave it to the people who enjoy it.  
    This thread was worth starting if only for your last comment.
    ตลกเกินไป (trans: too funny)

25. This post has been removed.