Quis vs. TA

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Quis vs. TA

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/tony_allen/

I think the Celtics are better off with Marquis than TA. 

What I like about Quis is he doesn't turn the ball over as much as TA. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

Re: Quis vs. TA

Offense vs Defense ...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

I like Marquis over Tony because he can get minutes at 3 positions , plus Delonte is better than TA anyway , rather have those two over TA anyday

Hopefully, once the C's get Shaq, Delonte and AVery Bradley back , then Doc can get his 10 man rotation going. I say they should have a 10 1/2 man rotation and Semi definitely should be in it...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Avery Bradley is not going to be part of the rotation this year. Too raw.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kccorwin. Show kccorwin's posts

Tony Allen didn't even play for Memphis in the last game. Powe hasn't played much in Cleveland. I think Ainge made the right decision on both of them.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

TA had only a very brief moment in the sun during his Celtic career, during last years playoffs. Up til then, he was a turnover machine.  I dont think we can view him as the tough defensive player and fast break guy that we saw in the playoffs. Why? Cause over the several years hes played here, he wasnt that player. So, although its in him, it was an abberration.. if TA gave us that type of play for the past 2 years, then it might be a different story.

So many players rise up at a point in their career, then are never heard from again. NO explanation... just happens ...alot.

From the looks of this season, TA may have already reached his peak and is back to the guy I dreaded seeing checking in to the game when he was a C.

Quis a much more refined, skilled player. Quis played well for us last year until he got hurt. This season, hes doing just about everything when he plays and it looks natural...not just a fluke. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from portcallen99. Show portcallen99's posts

Don't know about Quis' defense, but I will say he has the nicest touch on his shots near the basket.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Re: Quis vs. TA:
    [QUOTE]Don't know about Quis' defense, but I will say he has the nicest touch on his shots near the basket.
    Posted by portcallen99[/QUOTE]

Good observation.

First, Quis plays pretty good defensively... and I agree about his touch around the basket. Many times seems in trouble yet he consistently slides the ball in. Sometimes its like he finds a small seam to get the ball through.. nice touch

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In Response to Quis vs. TA:
    [QUOTE]http://www.nba.com/playerfile/marquis_daniels/ http://www.nba.com/playerfile/tony_allen/ I think the Celtics are better off with Marquis than TA.  What I like about Quis is he doesn't turn the ball over as much as TA. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Much better off with Quis!

It seemed that during those couple of games that he didn't do that well, Doc had given him the red light on shooting. He sort of got an attitude a little bit as if as his work during the off season really didn't matter...Now I think he has at least a yellow light and he is really turning out to be a real asset, both offensively and defensively. His shot blocking is an additional threat to the opposing team.

No not a sixth man contender but a quality reserve. Stay healthy Quis!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Speaking of TA...LOL.........Did you guys catch that highlight on NBA tv where he missed that layup?????  OMG....some ole TA!!!!!!!  Like a previous poster said, if he had brought his "A" game 24/7 he would still be here....Good luck in Memphis coming off the bench and missing the playoffs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I'd probably go with Daniels.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Just like last year's team, the C's health, not the oppositions' rosters or the officiating, will be the determining factor in how far this team will go.
    Healthy Quis is a big plus.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]I'd probably go with Daniels.
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]
    Congrats on your 1500th post mem17.  Do you get free tickets or something for that?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Quis vs. TA : Congrats on your 1500th post mem17.  Do you get free tickets or something for that?
    Posted by breaktime[/QUOTE]
    What's with your sarcasm?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Daniels is a bigger defender who can cover LeBron, Joe Johnson, Wince Carter, Deng and even Rashard Lewis. As good as TA was defensively, he wasn't big enough to cover those guys

Marquis ball handling , passing and scoring touch are all better than TA

Plus , we have Delonte whose salary, combined with Daniels is still less than what TA got from Memphis

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pliu. Show pliu's posts

I wish we had them both.   Wasn't TA signable even after Quis was signed but he opted for more years with Memphis?

TA was probably our best perimeter defender at the 2 and 3.  Daneils has nice skills and has played well so far.  I Just hop ehe can stay healthy.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Quis vs. TA : What's with your sarcasm?
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]
    Nothing personal.  Just making a halfa** joke

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

[QUOTE]I wish we had them both.   Wasn't TA signable even after Quis was signed but he opted for more years with Memphis? TA was probably our best perimeter defender at the 2 and 3.  Daneils has nice skills and has played well so far.  I Just hop ehe can stay healthy.
    Posted by pliu[/QUOTE]

yes TA could have comeback. and we wanted him back, but he chose memphis for some reason. i beleive we offered the same money but a lesser role than he has in memphis

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

While TA played some very good defense at times, he had tendancy to go for fakes and get into foul trouble.

On offense, he was a turn over waiting to happen.

Quis may not be as quick as TA, but he is longer, a good defender, and a good finisher.

All in all, Quis is an upgrade.