Rajon Rondo says he'll come back when he can dunk off repaired knee!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Rajon Rondo says he'll come back when he can dunk off repaired knee!

Rajon Rondo says he'll come back when he can dunk off repaired knee

Rajon Rondo knows how to rehab like a badass.

He's going to keep continuously trying to dunk, until it happens. On that day, Celtics fans, he will return to the court.

From our favorite writer Baxter Holmes, THEBostonGlobe:

“Whenever I’m able to jump off my right leg and probably dunk, that’s when I think I’ll be back to play,” Rondo said after the Celtics closed out their preseason Wednesday night with a 101-97 win over the Brooklyn Nets at TD Garden, giving Boston a 2-6 preseason record.

The team could certainly use him. As Holmes notes above they have a pretty poor preseason record. 

Of course, it's only preseason, we'll see what this team's really worth when they get into November facing off against teams like Miami, Indiana, San Antonio and Houston.

As for Rondo's "try to dunk" rehab process, Danny Ainge is super proud of him, per ESPNBoston's Chris Forsberg.

"I think [Rondo is] doing great," said Ainge. "I think he’s working as hard as he can. I’ve been very proud of him of how he really wants to get out there and I think he wants to get out there, not for his own benefit, but he wants to really help the team. He sees how he’s missed and he just loves to play. He wants to get back for all the right reasons."

Oh and Ainge was also asked the obligatory question about whether Rondo will stay on the roster, and he surprisingly did not tell reporters that he planned on trading him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RicosUncle. Show RicosUncle's posts

Re: Rajon Rondo says he'll come back when he can dunk off repaired knee!

I hope the sooner the better......then he can be offed by the team...DUMPED, EXPURGATED, EXPECTORATED, DISENGAGED, JETTISONED, LET GO, KICKED OUT AND BE LONG GONE ASAP-!!!!

There...that felt good...all better now

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

More from RR:

Rondo said he must feel like himself again before he makes his season debut.

“I’ll know when it’s right,” he said. “Everybody is different, each injury is different… For me, when I come back, I won’t come back unless I know I’m myself again.”

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Good thing its a dunk and not a foul shot, otherwise he might not be back till 2016.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

I don't think Rondo dunked all last season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

His statement has a D. Rose feel to it! He not only wants to be physically cleared to play, he wants to be mentally able to play as well! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to chris33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

he fashioned himself into one of the most boring players in the league for the physical talent that he has.  but that's what enablement and a cold cup of coffee will get you- a speedy PG who can't shoot and is suddenly slower than jon bagley ever was

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to chris33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

he fashioned himself into one of the most boring players in the league for the physical talent that he has.  but that's what enablement and a cold cup of coffee will get you- a speedy PG who can't shoot and is suddenly slower than jon bagley ever was

[/QUOTE]

What?

How can you possibly say that. Have you ever watched Rondo? His highlights are pretty impressive. Just because its not dunks? Are you 12?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Rondo is in no hurry to return nor is there incentive.

He thinks he has a huge payday awaiting him down the line... and why jeopardize that.

He believes that time works to his advantage.... so why hurry to find out differently.

He's been known to sandbag.

Pud

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

What RR is saying in that statement is, I will return when my body AND mind are ready. Very similar to what D. Rose stated last season.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

I was thinking that following this board will be very boring this whole year.  I have to say that the actual experience has exceeded my expectations.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to prakash's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I was thinking that following this board will be very boring this whole year.  I have to say that the actual experience has exceeded my expectations.

[/QUOTE]

Time for a new hobby? I hear basket weaving can be mentally stimulating! LOL

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to prakash's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Time for a new hobby? I hear basket weaving can be mentally stimulating! LOL

[/QUOTE]

You pose a difficult choice my friend.  A very difficult choice.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

His statement has a D. Rose feel to it! He not only wants to be physically cleared to play, he wants to be mentally able to play as well! 

[/QUOTE]

And a bit of an Andrew Wiggins feel as well..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Rondo will need to come back sometime this season to prove that he is healthy to justify his new contrct position either with the Celtics or in FA.  

and I'm sure Danny would like to see him return before the December trade deadline.  DA doesn't want to waste a big contract in a 3+ year rebuild, then re-up again to compete when Rondo is 32.  

and I would think that Rondo would rather be on a contender in his prime than on a 3 / 4 year rebuild.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Dr Rondos prognosis for his return... dunk a basketball.. what a brilliant mind.