Rajon Rondo: The best point guard in the Association, bar none.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Re: Rajon Rondo: The best point guard in the Association, bar none.

We are talking about a player that will barely lead the league in assists while avoiding going to the line while the opponent's general game plan is to ignore him.  He can't and does not want to get to the line, for the most part nobody guards him and he still passes up routine shots, he cannot finish, and whines all the time.....  given that while being an average at best scorer as a point guard one would think that he was running away with the league's assist champion... he will barely win the assist title while passing on shot after shot after shot after shot and is the "leader" of one of the lowest scoring offenses in the league, he is not even the best defensive point guard on his own team......  Rondo may average 11 assists, John Stockton had back to back years where he averaged over 50% from the floor, over 40% from 3, over 80% from the line, and 14 assists per game......  the night Rondo had his great game this year, Deron Williams scored 57 points and still had 8 assists.... Derick Rose scored 32 in his first game back after 12 games out - the only legit winning streak the Cs had this year was when Rondo was out..... best point guard in the association bar none..... LMFAO...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

I probably said this already, but Chris Paul, Blake Griffin, DeAndre Jordan and 5 to 7 first round picks, then do the deal.  Otherwise, oh well, not enough for "the best point guard in the Association, bar none."

As Always,

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeff22751. Show jeff22751's posts

Praised with faint criticism...

"we are talking about a player that will barely lead the league in assists" Studder 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Rondo needs to play well in the next 11 games.  If he does so consistently he has shown us the direction he is going in.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

I personally am thrilled that Rondo is putting up some big numbers.

Maybe he can attract some interest from other GMs.... and get DA off the hook.

Pud

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

more splash from resident tool. take a bow, puddinpuddin.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

In Response to Re: Rajon Rondo: The best point guard in the Association, bar none.:
    [QUOTE]We are talking about a player that will barely lead the league in assists while avoiding going to the line while the opponent's general game plan is to ignore him.  He can't and does not want to get to the line, for the most part nobody guards him and he still passes up routine shots, he cannot finish, and whines all the time.....  given that while being an average at best scorer as a point guard one would think that he was running away with the league's assist champion... he will barely win the assist title while passing on shot after shot after shot after shot and is the "leader" of one of the lowest scoring offenses in the league, he is not even the best defensive point guard on his own team......  Rondo may average 11 assists, John Stockton had back to back years where he averaged over 50% from the floor, over 40% from 3, over 80% from the line, and 14 assists per game......  the night Rondo had his great game this year, Deron Williams scored 57 points and still had 8 assists.... Derick Rose scored 32 in his first game back after 12 games out - the only legit winning streak the Cs had this year was when Rondo was out..... best point guard in the association bar none..... LMFAO...
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

Dudder,

I hate to say I told you so. so I won't!  I'll start by asking, did you see last night's game against Miami?  Did you see Rondo swish the 5 mid- to long-range jumpers?  Did you see him confidently step into the 3-pointer with 16 seconds on the shot clock in the first quarter?  Did you see him essentially dominate the Heat's interior defense with pinpoint passing?  Did you see him set up his teammates for success time and time again?  Did you see the frustration by DWade and other Miami guards in trying to contain Rondo?  It appeared to be the same frustration on the faces of KoMe, DWilliams, CP3 and a host of other pretenders to the throne of "the best point guard in the Association, bar none." And I can certainly ROTFLMAO (roll on the floor laughing my [you know what] off) when I think of how humiliated you must feel for the absurd assertions you make that are easily dispelled when you actually see how dominant Rondo can be when he chooses not to defer to his future HOF teammates and contemporaries.  If you watch the games instead of the stat lines, you might actually see what is occuring on the court and not in your imagination.  Rondo can dominate a game if he never scores a point, but keep in mind that he can score when he feels compelled to, which adds to an otherwise superior game.

As Always,

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

On an off night (a KoMe-like 3 for 16 from the field), Rondo continued to demonstrate the stamp he can put on a game with another triple double which included a whopping 20 assists!   The best part of all is the Celtics won another thriller despite the referees best efforts to steal one for the Hawks.  I know I'm biased but the phantom 6th foul on KG and the horrific 5th foul on Stiemsma shortly thereafter allowed the Hawks to keep it close in OT and should be investigated by the league.  However, back to Rondo's brilliance, another team with guards frustrated by their inability to contain his penetration and passing skills -- not to mention his uncanny ability to snag double digit rebounds for a 6'1" point guard -- lends further credence to my assertion that Rondo is "the best point guard in the Association, bar none."  Dudder, are you there?

As Always,

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: Rajon Rondo: The best point guard in the Association, bar none.:
    [QUOTE]We are talking about a player that will barely lead the league in assists while avoiding going to the line while the opponent's general game plan is to ignore him.  He can't and does not want to get to the line, for the most part nobody guards him and he still passes up routine shots, he cannot finish, and whines all the time.....  given that while being an average at best scorer as a point guard one would think that he was running away with the league's assist champion... he will barely win the assist title while passing on shot after shot after shot after shot and is the "leader" of one of the lowest scoring offenses in the league, he is not even the best defensive point guard on his own team......  Rondo may average 11 assists, John Stockton had back to back years where he averaged over 50% from the floor, over 40% from 3, over 80% from the line, and 14 assists per game......  the night Rondo had his great game this year, Deron Williams scored 57 points and still had 8 assists.... Derick Rose scored 32 in his first game back after 12 games out - the only legit winning streak the Cs had this year was when Rondo was out..... best point guard in the association bar none..... LMFAO...

so let me get this straight..hes barely LEADING THE LEAGUE in assists, and thats a bad thing..and his numbers arent as good as HALL OF FAMER John Stockton, so hes not a good pg? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]I personally am thrilled that Rondo is putting up some big numbers. Maybe he can attract some interest from other GMs.... and get DA off the hook. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

Ladies:

More huge numbers for R9R tonight. A triple double. Yowsa!

But even more eyepopping...  he shot 3-16, peaking with a  1-7 performance in the 4th quarter including OT. 

And who could forget when Barney short armed a 12 footer with 1:20 left in OT and hit nothing but net. Unfortunately the ball did not pass thru the hoop before hitting twine, and led to another TO.

I'm going to leave it for the numbers to speak for themselves...the  good, the bad and the ugly.

Pud

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]I personally am thrilled that Rondo is putting up some big numbers. Maybe he can attract some interest from other GMs.... and get DA off the hook. Pud

i just dont understand how a TRUE fan can hate a player on the team that helps our team get wins..regardless of what he does, still hate.. 

oh well, must hurt when you see Rondo put up triple double, after triple double..after triple double..after..well, you get the point. 

must hurt!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rajon Rondo: The best point guard in the Association, bar none. : Ladies: More huge numbers for R9R tonight. A triple double. Yowsa! But even more eyepopping...  he shot 3-16, peaking with a  1-7 performance in the 4th quarter including OT.  And who could forget when Barney short armed a 12 footer with 1:20 left in OT and hit nothing but net. Unfortunately the ball did not pass thru the hoop before hitting twine, and led to another TO. I'm going to leave it for the numbers to speak for themselves...the  good, the bad and the ugly. Pud

so the 10 rebounds and 20 assists mean nothing bc he didnt have a great scoring night? oh ok.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rajon Rondo: The best point guard in the Association, bar none. : Ladies: More huge numbers for R9R tonight. A triple double. Yowsa! But even more eyepopping...  he shot 3-16, peaking with a  1-7 performance in the 4th quarter including OT.  And who could forget when Barney short armed a 12 footer with 1:20 left in OT and hit nothing but net. Unfortunately the ball did not pass thru the hoop before hitting twine, and led to another TO. I'm going to leave it for the numbers to speak for themselves...the  good, the bad and the ugly. Pud

Since you seem to get your jollies on highlighting what you consider the bad and ugly, please expand upon the rarity of his good vs. his competitors.  I fear you would even discover that that's the real bad and ugly.  Good late, late evening Opie because ever Barney needs one.

As Always,

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rajon Rondo: The best point guard in the Association, bar none. : i just dont understand how a TRUE fan can hate a player on the team that helps our team get wins..regardless of what he does, still hate..  oh well, must hurt when you see Rondo put up triple double, after triple double..after triple double..after..well, you get the point.  must hurt!!
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

Excellent post.  So very true.  ROTFLMAO!!!

As Always,

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

Back on the Rondo bandwagon too???? Seriously????? I have never witness a bigger bandwagon fan than you and I am not kidding.From Cluless34 to Bandwagon34. HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Onthe405. Show Onthe405's posts

[QUOTE]Back on the Rondo bandwagon too???? Seriously????? I have never witness a bigger bandwagon fan than you and I am not kidding.From Cluless34 to Bandwagon34. HAHAHAHAHA!!!!
    Posted by TheNewGKDynasty[/QUOTE]

we would know too! us laker fans wrote the book on the bandwagon. just sayin'

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]Rondo shooting 3-16 from the field is not a bad thing. The Rondo that I didn't want was the Rondo that went 2-6 or 3-5 from the field.  Give credit to Rondo for trying. The shots didn't fall tonight. But if he keeps being aggressive on offense, good things happen.  Rondo attempting 10 or more shots a game is a good thing. He may not make a lot of them now, but eventually those shots will fall for Rondo. It's having the confidence to shoot that's more important. 
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Tommy puts it best here:

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I took dud off ignore to see his latest spin. 

"the only legit winning streak the Cs had this year was when Rondo was out."

LMAO

watch the games dude. 

Rondo has had a great month. I love how you try to put him down by comparing him to a max contract first round pick like Derrick Rose. As if Rondo was drafted first pick and has a max contract. He's got a fair contract and at the moment more than living up to where he was picked in the draft. 

p.s. I agree it's embarassing he's barely leading the league in assists. Of course he's completely and totally leading the league in triple doubles, one of the most compelling stats in basketball, but you have your narrative in concrete so you have to ignore the obvious.

p.s. try enjoying the wins a little more, it feels good.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]I took dud off ignore to see his latest spin.  " the only legit winning streak the Cs had this year was when Rondo was out." LMAO watch the games dude.  Rondo has had a great month. I love how you try to put him down by comparing him to a max contract first round pick like Derrick Rose. As if Rondo was drafted first pick and has a max contract. He's got a fair contract and at the moment more than living up to where he was picked in the draft.  p.s. I agree it's embarassing he's barely leading the league in assists. Of course he's completely and totally leading the league in triple doubles, one of the most compelling stats in basketball, but you have your narrative in concrete so you have to ignore the obvious. p.s. try enjoying the wins a little more, it feels good.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

how is it embarrassing? hes LEADING THE LEAGUE!! how, in any way can that be embarrassing? and dont say "bc hes trying to get assists" bc nash does the same thing. everyone thinks that nash is this shooter who also passes but Rondo is only averaging .6 ppg less this season then Nash. they do the same thing except Rondo rebounds.

so again, whats embarrassing about leading the league in assists by a small margin?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

seriously, this is one of the most uneducated knock attempts on Rondo ive seen in awhile. The guy is leading the league in assists, yet some claim its not good enough bc hes not leading by a big enough margin? laughable.

#1 reason why this is said - "he concentrates on assists, he should lead by alot". lets for the sake of the argument say that rondo is only looking for assists..he doesnt look for his shot right? he averages a little over 11 shots per game. second in assists? Steve Nash, attempts a little over 9 shots per game. Rondo shoots more than Nash, buttt Rondo only tries to pass, yet Nash doesnt?

idk how many have watched Nash this season, but he does the SAME THING Rondo does, sets up his teammates for easy baskets. im not sure how this can be a knock on Rondo. someone please, PLEASE explain it to me.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

[QUOTE]seriously, this is one of the most uneducated knock attempts on Rondo ive seen in awhile. The guy is leading the league in assists, yet some claim its not good enough bc hes not leading by a big enough margin? laughable. #1 reason why this is said - "he concentrates on assists, he should lead by alot". lets for the sake of the argument say that rondo is only looking for assists..he doesnt look for his shot right? he averages a little over 11 shots per game. second in assists? Steve Nash, attempts a little over 9 shots per game. Rondo shoots more than Nash, buttt Rondo only tries to pass, yet Nash doesnt? idk how many have watched Nash this season, but he does the SAME THING Rondo does, sets up his teammates for easy baskets. im not sure how this can be a knock on Rondo. someone please, PLEASE explain it to me.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

Maybe BTS said it with irony to mock Dudder?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Has there ever been a greater NBA PG with such a seriously flawed game than R9R?

I think not. His performance with the game on the line is typically dreadful.

The best (bar none) suddenly becomes the worst (bar none)... and then back to the best again.... (bar none)!

Quite a trick going from icewater coursing thru R9R's veins...  to warm, slightly sour mother's milk...  back to icewater again... in the blink of an eye... when the game gets serious.

We hold our collective breaths when Rondo has the ball with the game on the line... and reach for a defibrillator if/when he dares to shoot.

All that was missing last night was the canned laughter  and the caption, "TV's Biggest Bloopers" crawling across the screen on the (wide open) 12 footer in OT that failed to draw iron.

Must have been the sudden headwind in the Garden that Rondo failed to allow for. (Kentucky windage so to speak.)

For those who claim that FT shooting in the only flaw in R9R's game... good news. He went 4-4 last night.

You must be justly proud that Rondo's game is now complete... finally!

Now can someone please turn off the canned laughter in the background on that 12 footer?

Or show me how to locate the mute button on the remote?

Thank you!

Pud

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Too much description on the warm milk part.  Fortunately my memory isn't that good.