Rajon Rondo trade to Denver Nuggets possible?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Rajon Rondo trade to Denver Nuggets possible?

Boston Celtics trade rumors: Rajon Rondo trade to Denver Nuggets possible? 

Boston Celtics   trade rumors about a   Rajon Rondo   trade popped up again on Wednesday (Jan. 23). During a live chat session, NBA analyst Chad Ford   brought up the possibility of the Celtics trading Rondo to the   Denver Nuggets . It's an interesting scenario that could certainly change the face of both franchises.

With the Celtics continuing to struggle and Rondo allowing Kyrie Irving to score 40 points on the team Tuesday night (Jan. 22), the team might need to seriously consider making a big move. This is where Ford states that the Nuggets could enter the equation because they have the assets that Danny Ainge would want to bring back to Boston.

Ford stated that, "Yes, they (the Nuggets) have two point guards already, but Rondo would be an upgrade on a team trying to compete right now and they have the pieces that could entice Danny Ainge to make a deal." It's hard to argue with that logic, but the question would become just how many assets that Nuggets would have to give up to make a deal like this possible.

A Rajon Rondo trade to the Denver Nuggets might be in the cards for the Boston Celtics. A Rajon Rondo trade to the Denver Nuggets might be in the cards for the Boston Celtics.Photo credit:   Jared Wickerham/Getty Images 

It has been clear for a while that the Denver Nuggets are one of the deeper teams in the NBA, so they could probably absorb giving up a few players in a Rajon Rondo trade. It might require someone like Ty Lawson going to the Celtics, though, unless the plan would be to slide him to shooting guard.

Intriguing Boston Celtics trade rumors like this one are going to continue coming up until the Celtics get way above .500, the team pulls off a trade, or the NBA trade deadline finally hits. For fantasy basketball owners, this could be an interesting ride, especially if several good players end up switching teams in a blockbuster deal.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: Rajon Rondo trade to Denver Nuggets possible?

I would take Lawson over Rondo on our team............Karl won't be too happy, though!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Denver Nuggets Roster - 2012-13

Corey Brewer SF 26 6-9 188 Florida $3,243,000 21

Wilson Chandler SG 25 6-8 225 DePaul $5,930,414 35

Kenneth Faried SF 23 6-8 228 Morehead State $1,311,240 94

Evan Fournier SG 20 6-6 200   $1,361,400 8

Danilo Gallinari SF 24 6-10 225   $9,439,000 1

Jordan Hamilton SF 22 6-7 220 Texas $1,121,520 9

Andre Iguodala SG 28 6-6 207 Arizona $14,968,250 41

Kosta Koufos C 23 7-0 265 Ohio State $3,000,000 3

Ty Lawson PG 25 5-11 195 North Carolina $2,544,529 34

JaVale McGee C 25 7-0 252 Nevada $10,000,000 24

Andre Miller PG 36 6-2 200 Utah $5,000,000 30

Quincy Miller SF 20 6-9 210 Baylor $473,604 25

Timofey Mozgov C 26 7-1 250   $3,140,429 15

Anthony Randolph PF 23 6-11 225 LSU $1,674,641 10

Julyan Stone PG 24 6-6 200 UTEP $762,195

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Should the Nuggets ship Mozgov to Boston? 

23rd, 2013 at 7:58 am by Michael Waterloo

Last week, there were rumors that the Miami Heat were interested in acquiring Denver’s third center Timofey Mozgov to help with their lack of a big man in South Florida. The Heat did acquire a Nuggets player, well a former one, when they signed Chris “Birdman” Andersen to a 10-day contract over the weekend.

With a logjam at center for the Nuggets with Kosta Koufos and Javale McGee getting the majority of the playing time, Mozgov is the odd man out. Now that the heat have appear to have no use for Mozgov, should the Nuggets attempt to trade him to the Celtics?

The Nuggets are interested in trading Mozgov and he is a free agent at the end of the season. The Celtics have the undersized Jared Sullinger, the very raw Fab Melo, the “he’s still in the league?” Chris Wilcox and the human statue Jason Collins. The Celtics need the help and Mozgov’s contract is favorable at $3.1 in the final year of his deal. The Celtics would be able to re-sign Mozgov for a fairly cheap price come the offseason.

Mozgov can produce, there is no secret about that. At 7-foot, 1-inch, Mozgov showed that he can produce when given the chance. Look back at his time with the New York Knicks and how he produced in the Olympics over the summer. With the Nuggets having both Andre Iguodala and Corey Brewer on tap to re-sign at the end of the season, re-signing Mozgov  isn’t going to happen.

So what can the Nuggets expect to get from the Celtics? Using ESPN’s trade machine, I tried different scenarios to see what would work. My initial thoughts were the Celtics would get Mozgov for Leandro Barbosa, Fab Melo and a first round pick. You have to give something to get something. The money however, didn’t fall into place.

I looked then to include Brandon Bass instead of Melo for Mozgov. Yes Bass looks decent due to Rajon Rondo creating open shots for him, but the Nuggets don’t have a backup at power forward. This time, Bass’ $6 million contract created issues.

Finally, a deal that worked:

Celtics receive – Timofey Mozgov

Nuggets receive – Leandro Barbosa, Fab Melo and the expiring contract of Jason Collins.

No first round pick and probably not a second round pick, but the deal could work. Melo, who has yet to touch the floor for the Celtics, will take time to develop, but is worth the time for a guy who will be leaving Denver at the end of the season anyway. Collins won’t see the floor for the Nuggets and Barbosa would provide more depth to the Nuggets bench which has seen it’s production drop from a year ago.

Not saying the Celtics will accept the deal, but with their window closing and their recent skid, it makes sense to offer it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

stupid

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Where there is smoke, there may be fire! The Nuggets have allot of assets! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Rondo for Miller and Mozgov...........Lawson is tough to get, he doesn't make a lot of money, but he is due a huge payday next year.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Miller is 36 and clearly over the hill.  Pass.

Rondo included in a deal for Lawson and/or Mozgov doesn't solve the pressing problem - a quality big man.  and we would need Rondo's value (and more) to get a top tier center.

Mozgov is a tier two center but better than nothing.  I think we could get a better deal, but I would still do the  following since we get a starting center for players who don't have a role on the team right now. 

Celtics receive Timofey Mozgov

Nuggets receive “ Leandro Barbosa, Fab Melo and the expiring contract of Jason Collins.

We could probably get Lawson from Denver (if Rondo was moved to say, the Kings...) for Bass and a first round pick.  They need a another PF.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

Rondo for Miller and Mozgov...........Lawson is tough to get, he doesn't make a lot of money, but he is due a huge payday next year.

Miller can really score and is a solid vet used to being in tough games..Mozgove gives us the back up center that we are desperate for..would like to get Randolph too...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

yeah lets get Lawson and McGee for Rondo and Melo

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Expect Rondo to go into a 45 day funk and pout over this trade rumor.

Probably Doc planting the story to wake up Rondo (too scared to confront him) while tippy toeing around whispering "its not your fault" in Rondos ears  while tenderly petting his head

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Agreed, Miller at 36 and Mozgov get us where Hedley for Rondo?  What are you thinking Mozgov isn't even that good.  They have a lot better players to choose from if we give them our best player. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

Agreed, Miller at 36 and Mozgov get us where Hedley for Rondo?  What are you thinking Mozgov isn't even that good.  They have a lot better players to choose from if we give them our best player. 

I'm thinking:

the rumor says Rondo goes to DEN - so who do we get??

McGee?  no.....Iggy?  No......Lawson only makes 3 mill.....they would have to give us about 3 players for Rondo........WHO?????

The article has Mosgov's name in it, for God's sake - I'm using that.

So, instead of critiquing me, why don't you all ADD something to the conversation.  Miller and Mozgov for Rondo works...........what else does anyone have?  I don't want to give up Sully or Bradley!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Miller is 36 and clearly over the hill.  Pass.

Rondo included in a deal for Lawson and/or Mozgov doesn't solve the pressing problem - a quality big man.  and we would need Rondo's value (and more) to get a top tier center.

Mozgov is a tier two center but better than nothing.  I think we could get a better deal, but I would still do the  following since we get a starting center for players who don't have a role on the team right now. 

Celtics receive Timofey Mozgov

Nuggets receive “ Leandro Barbosa, Fab Melo and the expiring contract of Jason Collins.

We could probably get Lawson from Denver (if Rondo was moved to say, the Kings...) for Bass and a first round pick.  They need a another PF.

I traded Rondo to the Kings 3 hours ago - everyone said - "no the Kings are being sold and wouldn't want him."

Also strongly disagree that we could "get" Lawson from DEN for Bass and a first round pick.

Didn't you tell me Bass for Lowry wasn't a good trade?  Lawson is WAY better than Lowry!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Two seperate articles the same day, speculating about trades between the same 2-teams, is an interesting coincidence.

I did not realize Denver had such a talented roster! Wow!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

Completely groundless speculation by someone who has a column to write.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

Two seperate articles the same day, speculating about trades between the same 2-teams, is an interesting coincidence.

I did not realize Denver had such a talented roster! Wow!

Ya, Denver actually has a pretty solid roster. You never hear about it because 1) they play in Denver and 2) they don't have a big all-star as the face of the franchise (like Carmelo was for a while).

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

I would prefer that we hold on to Melo....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

~~~~~~~~~~~~~AGAIN, ONLY DANNY KNOWS. WE KNOW NOTHING & THE PAPARAzzI know zhyte either.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

DA has to be interested in the young talent on their roster. He also has been interested in obtaining C. Brewer, via trade, in the past.

If a trade does take place, I am guessing it will be a multi-player deal!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

In response to concord27's comment:

I'm thinking:

the rumor says Rondo goes to DEN - so who do we get??

McGee?  no.....Iggy?  No......Lawson only makes 3 mill.....they would have to give us about 3 players for Rondo........WHO?????

The article has Mosgov's name in it, for God's sake - I'm using that.

So, instead of critiquing me, why don't you all ADD something to the conversation.  Miller and Mozgov for Rondo works...........what else does anyone have?  I don't want to give up Sully or Bradley!

Didn't mean to offend you.  Your thoughts have been right on lately.  Most of your deals are excellent.  This one I don't agree. Lawson would have to be thrown in but I am still not sure it is good enough.  Mozgov is not a definite problem solver,  so I am not thinking Rondo who still has a lot of value should be going for anyone of their four seven footers without it being the problem solver we have upfront.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

DA might be thinking trade for the future, i.e. young talent.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Nuggets' Mozgov thinks he could be traded by deadline January 15 Pro Basketball Talk   Share Article

"Timofey Mozgov is out of George Karl's rotation in Denver. He has played in just two of the team's last five games and in the two he played he got a total of 14 minutes.

Combine that with him being in the last year of his contract and Mozgov being 7'1" and you have the makings of a potential trade.

That is something Chris Tomasson of Fox Sports Florida reports and Mozgov himself admitted is likely.

League sources said the Denver Nuggets are looking to deal center Timofey Mozgov, who has been unable to get much playing time on a deep team and has an expiring contract. Mozgov is aware he could be moved by the Feb. 21 trade deadline.

"It think it's logical, you can see that, trading me,'' Mozgov said in an interview with FOX Sports Florida. "I'm in my contract year. So if they can get something for me… I don't think it would be a surprise for me (to be traded).''"

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In response to Duke4's comment:

I would prefer that we hold on to Melo....

+1 and RR is worth more than any deal I've seen! with DEN.