Randolph in China

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 11BeatThat. Show 11BeatThat's posts

Randolph in China

Quote from this Chinese website -- http://www.niubball.com/tag/shavlik-randolph/ ... "But in the fourth, Shavlik Randolph  took over. Hitting a couple of huge threes to go along with several buckets around the hoop, the former Duke star help spur a run that saw the home squad take the lead midway through the quarter....Randolph finished with 26 points on 10-17 from the field..."  You can see him knock down a three in one of the videos on that site.    His game looks pretty similar to KG's if you ask me.  (Except he's better on the offensive glass).  You guys remain calm if you want.  I'm excited! If Randolph keeps playing like this, anything is possible in the playoffs!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JHell. Show JHell's posts

Re: Randolph in China

I agree, 13 rebounds last night in 21 minutes?  I know he's skipped around the league, China but he could be a keeper!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Guys, I am also excited about Randolph.  But remember that Al Horford was not on the floor.  He did great agingt third stringers.  Lets check him out against second stringers as well.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-12y4aVjry8&feature=player_detailpage 

This video caught my eye on his ability to play nba D...

so I thought he might have a chance to catch on..but it was very difficult to tell

anything about the other impressive aspects of his game..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zT_XtLtubJo&feature=player_detailpage 

this one shows him taking charges...something Doc really loves..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyzlYUhlZ3Y

post game...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bes-uq_uI74 

I really liked the off reb off Pierce miss and pass to Bass..

That is big time stuff..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Randolf a keeper? don't know yet --- but i remember then, DOC accidentally discovered POWE!

So, as PUD said.....let 'em play, Doc might discover another POWE

Watch Fierce34's mouth -- he'll say an absolute statement....Fungus knows it all.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 11BeatThat. Show 11BeatThat's posts

I just hope he can continue to get minutes and establish himself firmly in the rotation, because I think he's got a lot more to show us on the offensive end.  I got this from http://proplayervideo.com/273/

"Power Forward with an uncommon mix of size, outstanding skills and basketball intelligence. Randolph was a two time High School All-American, the top recruit in his class and many thought an NBA lottery pick had he entered the draft after high school.

Utilized primarily in the post at Duke. His opportunities were limited due to their perimeter-oriented offense featuring JJ Redick. Randolph is actually a prototype Euro-style 4/5 who creates mismatches with his range past the 3 point line, has excellent ball handling skills to take opponents off the dribble and the size and skill to play in the paint. He also utilizes a nice jump hook with either hand."

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In response to Ortiz123's comment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bes-uq_uI74 

I really liked the off reb off Pierce miss and pass to Bass..

That is big time stuff..

Nice video! loved this game.

I too am cautiously optimistic. He has a real good presence on the court and a real awareness of the play around him. Add in some serious rebound positioning,shot blocking and a scoring threat.. Wow. Here's hoping it isn't just temporary! Reminds me a little of Dave Cowans only  bigger.

We'll see if he has that "outlet pass"!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

Here is the problem. Doc will quickly forget how good he is and he will be back on the bench. Doc is a programmed robot and change is very difficult for him.

One more thing: Jason Terry is not a point guard. He can't pass and hardly ever makes it to the hoop. He is strictly a great 3 point shooter when they make plays for him. Could this be Doc's fault that he doesn't understand the point guard position. If you want to play a good back up point guard give Williame more minutes.

Doc will not adapt to change. He got lucky with Randolph's performance. He played him because he had no choice. At least not in his robotic mind. Let's see how many minutes he gets when Garnet is back. Speaking of Garnet vs Randolph. Randolph got 7 offensive rebounds on Friday. It takes Garnet 3-4 games to get that many. Plus Garnet plays almost no interior defense.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

In response to JHell's comment:

I agree, 13 rebounds last night in 21 minutes?  I know he's skipped around the league, China but he could be a keeper!

Let's hope Doc noticed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Actually Doc kept him in the game after 4 fouls....

Wilcox did not..

But now he must prove it nightly...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to CHEisCHE's comment:

Randolf a keeper? don't know yet --- but i remember then, DOC accidentally discovered POWE!

Watch Fierce34's mouth -- he'll say an absolute statement....Fungus knows it all.

Powe struggle early on with playing D...just like Wilcox..

Wilcox is weak on rebounding, positioning, and D...

He cant' be a full time player..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

It is interesting, I have been reading up on him. His grandfather played for the knicks. Randolph was thought of as a top prospect out of high school, was a total bust at Duke and then was hurt early in his pro career.

He obviously has some talent, it should be fun to see how he does.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

okay, I am irrationally giddy over this performence. The interesting things is he has always rebounded this way. His per 36 minutes for his career are around 11 a game.

So if he is healthy and managed to round the rest of his game in China, then this could be a serious steal.

We probably all really need to calm down a bit though. THis is like steamer getting 6 blocks in one of his first  games.  But wow it is fun to imagine. 

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

In response to CHEisCHE's comment:

YEP!

Or at least he thinks he does...

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Didn't I tell you that Mike Brown will NOT make the Lakers a better defensive team than the Celtics?

To be fair: Mr. Pringels didn't make it that much better either^^

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

D'Antoni made the Lakers one of the worst defensive teams in the league.

Right now the Lakers are giving up 101.5 ppg, 26th in the league.

The Lakers never gave up 100 ppg under Phil Jackson and Mike Brown.

fUNGUS -- look don't derail this good thread for Randolph -- Lakers is not the object here. Stop fooooking up thread over and over...

24. This post has been removed.