Ranking the Celtic's Bench

As found in KING JAMES GOSPEL

2013-14 NBA Bench Power Rankings

Sep 1st, 2013 at 6:19 am by NBA

Prev15 of 31Next
    Use your ← → (arrow) keys to browse

Jared Sullinger can do it all

17. Boston Celtics

The Celtics endured the long-awaited final evisceration of their championship core. Only the shade of Rajon Rondo remains from the once feared death squad. The Celtics bench is going to be one for the ages: Some Brooklyn Nets trash, coupled with the developing joy that is Jared Sullinger and the regressing Courtney Lee. To put it mildly, Lee did not seamlessly transition into a player that made the fans forget Ray Allen. His three point shooting was markedly worse to start and finish the season (with a bump around the time Rondo went down) and his time on the court dwindled as Doc lost confidence in the once supremely promising guard.

Jared Sullinger, by contrast, looks more and more like a San Antonio Spurs level steal. He uses his backside like a wrecking ball and collects rebounds like a champ. It only took three months to prove the naysayers wrong, despite the season ending injury. Jordan Crawford will do everything in his power to emulate Saint Jamal Crawford and Gerald Wallace will hobble to and fro before finally collapsing after crashing one too many times. And don’t believe what they are trying to tell you in revisionist history class: Kris Humphries is not a good basketball player, I don’t care how many “Win Shares” he has, nor will I ever. Sorry Kris. The best thing you ever did was that commercial with James Harden. That was a funny commercial. I would watch it again.

This publication has them ranked 17 out of 31 teams...I'm impressed...I actually went through the list, which started at #31, fully expecting to see them around the next corner....finding them almost halfway through the list isn't half bad...I still think they'll lottery up this year, but maybe not nearly as bad as I originally thought...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from skinnyrexraptor. Show skinnyrexraptor's posts

Re: Ranking the Celtic's Bench

"shade of Rajon Rondo"...

Apt description....that shade will be leaving soon...I bet...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to skinnyrexraptor's comment:

it's time for shadey attitude to take his talents elsewhere!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from skinnyrexraptor. Show skinnyrexraptor's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

In response to skinnyrexraptor's comment:

it's time for shadey attitude to take his talents elsewhere!

10-4 Acie...10-4

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Ignoring the ignorant ...

I take issue with this ranking, though its clear it was put together by a troop of baboons. 

It can be argued that our bench is actually pretty talented. Lets say Rondo, Bradley, Green, Sully and Faverani are our starters ...

that means Lee, Wallace, Bass, Humphries are off the bench. All of those guys have started many games over their career. You add Brooks & Crawford & Olynyk all of which are 10 ppg players (at minimum). Thats a really solid bench.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Pure speculation. Writers have to write something all the time . How can you asess and evaluate teams,benchs and players when you don't what the opening day rosters are going to be neverless depth charts ?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

The Celtic bench right now is a very interesting combination of talent and could be very good.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Three words - "no interior defense" The Cs will struggle to get 25+ wins this season! 

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to G0DVERNMENT's comment:

Is that our boy Humphries following behind? @ least he's consistent(but is he black enough?)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wrecksryan. Show wrecksryan's posts

In response to tomobo's comment:

In response to G0DVERNMENT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Is that our boy Humphries following behind? @ least he's consistent(but is he black enough?)

[/QUOTE]

Nice view, but what has this got to do with basketball...cannot be a Kardasian because her butt is too skinny, and she's actually nice looking...