Ray Allen 0-16 3-pt shooting in the garden against Lakers in the finals

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lovetruth007. Show lovetruth007's posts

Ray Allen 0-16 3-pt shooting in the garden against Lakers in the finals

In the finals 2010, Ray was 8-11 3-pt shooting in game 2 victory in LA.  He was only 12-41 in seven games. When the whole world is talking about the 3pt record, it is hard to predict whether or not he can get it done tonight against the Fakers. In the three finals games played in the garden, Ray went 0-8, 0-4 and 0-4 and Cs won two of the three games. All the 12 3-pointers he made were in LA and the Cs only won one game out of four.

I prefer Cs win tonight if the cost is Ray's record.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayallen1. Show rayallen1's posts

Re: Ray Allen 0-16 3-pt shooting in the garden against Lakers in the finals

Boo Boo Boo...way to throw a lemon to sour the celebration.   Why bring the past up?

"Life is the future, not the past."

Ray will be the 3point King, and nothing is sweeter than getting the record at the expense of the fakers.

Hurray, hurray for the new 3pt KING....King Allen.  lol

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Why revisiting past games? Please explain. Just say you rather have Boston win the game than Ray break the record. Pretty dumb.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

He's two away from breaking the record?  Pretty sure he's gonna do it tonight.  In front of Reggie Miller and everything. 

I'm guessing the record goes down within the first 5 minutes. Take the pressure off so they can play their game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I dont feel theres gonna be any pressure to break the record. Its not like McGuire trying to hit 70 before the season ends... its a no brainer Ray gets the record unless he breaks a leg first.

Maybe the media/fan hype adds a little excitement but Rays gonna take his usual shots and feel very little extra pressure imo.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

I think having Reggie there, and it being a nationally televised game will bring some added pressure.  Not enough to throw his game off, but enough to have him pull the trigger early and get it under his belt so he can focus on the rest of the game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Certainly possible but I think the pressure will be minor... Hey, if he misses his first 3 attempts from downtown, that could turn the screws a bit. Only thing is theres nothing hanging in the balance... its not 2 FTs to tie a finals game with no time left on the clock...  the consequences of not making his 3balls are virtually nil.. yet who knows what could be going through his mind....  anythings possible

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

Yeah that's true, it's not a pressure cooker situation like hitting FTs in the Finals.  It's all but given that he's going to break the record, which has a nice way of taking pressure off.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lilo13. Show Lilo13's posts

it's been awhile since I've posted. The past is the past. RAY ALLEN is off the hook this year. I'm very excited to see Ray allen break Reggie's record. I too feel that there is no pressure to make it tonight...it's not like it's the last game of the season. And although it will get done tonight... the team isn't going to focus on that, they want to win this game against the Lakers. RAY breaking the record will just be a BONUS!  GO C's...and GO RAY ALLEN!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

All I care is that they win.  Ray can wait as far as I'm concerned.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

I believe Ray will get the record in the flow of the offense. It's as simple as that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Ray took a nasty knee in the leg from Artest early in game two

He told nobody at the time but it was brought up by doc over the summer and Ray reluctantly confirmed that he could not get anywhere near the lift or rhythm he always had for the rest of the series

A shame

We all know that no Perk injury would have meant a celts win a game 7... but no Ray injury and we'd have won it in 5

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

2011 will be Ray's revenge