Ray Allen in Demand

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Ray Allen in Demand

I would hate to lose RA because he does hit some timely big shots.  Overall though we have to do it.  Class player and person.  Hope its not just dumping him and not getting much.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

Since we are wishing... I would take Paul George and any garbage Indy wants to get rid of for Ray

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I wouldn't consider Jordan nothing, would you?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from datruthpp34. Show datruthpp34's posts

No,dont do it danny,.we need ray for this seasson rebuild next nt much to lose here!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In Response to Re: Ray Allen in Demand:
    [QUOTE]I would hate to lose RA because he does hit some timely big shots.  Overall though we have to do it.  Class player and person.  Hope its not just dumping him and not getting much.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

I agree 100%. Ray isn't  making that much this year (his choice) and Is worth a lot as a clutch quality player that seems to shine in the big games. IMO, he has actually played pretty good D this year too as he keeps the opponents shooting guard too tired to shoot.  Be a real loss to team morale if they give him away for a non producer especially one that excels on a weak team that will get lost in the Celtic system. Even if he comes off the bench his value is worth much more than his pure skill set at this time in his career!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

DeAndre Jordan for Ray. Clueless34 strikes again...Laughing

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Don't forget Ray may be leaving next year anyway of his own choice.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Man, im torn on this one...but if the deal is quality young big and first pick, you gotta take it!!!! I really hate saying that..Ray has been a great influence on the yougnsters..quality, class...rare as gold, these days

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Man, im torn on this one...but if the deal is quality young big and first pick, you gotta take it!!!! I really hate saying that..Ray has been a great influence on the yougnsters..quality, class...rare as gold, these days
    Posted by Ortiz123[/QUOTE]

Your dreaming if you think we are going to get a young big and a first pick.   Hope i have to eat those words.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

If you get any young talented player and a 1st rounder for Ray. Peace. I'd only feel bad because of his family.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Ray Allen claims he wants to remain in Boston for the rest of his career. If that's true, I think he might be willing to sacrifice two months elsewhere for the greater good of the franchise. He could always come back in the off-season and be a part of next year's team.

For me, it all depends on what the Celtics can get for Allen. Don't trade him for the sake of trading him, but if the team can add another first round draft pick plus a decent C/PF to fill in for O'Neal and Wilcox, then I think you have to make the deal. The Celtics are probably stronger with Pietrus in the lineup anyway. While Daniels looks like a waste of roster space right now, Pavlovic has shown flashes of decent play and could probably come off the bench.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsGENIUS. Show bruinsGENIUS's posts

I would trade him for a first and a big...no brainer.
    Sign him back in the off season!

GO DANNY!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

Ray is my favorite player and I would hate to see him traded. I'd like him to be a fixture on the Celtics for the remainder of his career. As another poster stated, he is a class individual and true professional. Any young players would benefit from admiring Ray's work ethic, dedication, and character.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

How could you not make the deal for Jordan and a pick..and I wouldn't be surprised if he resurfaced in a Celtic uniform as a F.A. signing in the summer.By the way,I find it hard to believe you could a good,young big plus a pick,but if you can you have to make the move.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

Ray Allen in demand...............with WNBA teams!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Clippers will be too stupid to trade their first round pick along with one of the better defense center in the league just for Allen.

Anyway, the Clippers have stated that they will stay pact!!  

If Allen is ever be traded, he is not coming back to Boston!!  Big loss to the Celtics for next year.  He would be a perfect future bench player at the same time he would be a perfect guy to accept cheaper contract.   You will not find a good bench player like Allen in NBA today.  All currently today NBA bench players all stunk!!!   Look at Ainge signing O'neal, Shaq, Drooling, Pavtlovic, etc who were all a bench player from the previous team before signing with Boston, and they still all stunk. Only one guy out of 10 Boston's free agents in past two to three years are a worthy signing.

Come on, keep Allen.   Next year Boston will have Rondo, Alle, Pierce, JJJ, Moore, Pietrus, Bass, Green, along with few players with a couple talent incoming free agents and draft picks.   

If Boston is smart, Kaman is more likely to be put on waiver.  J. Oneal have stated that he hope Boston put him on waiver.  Guess he wanted out of Boston, and he also stated that he want to go back to Miami.  If Kaman come to Boston and O neal leaves, that is going to be a perfect thing to happen to Boston.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

This is a lost year. The lockout messed every team one way or another. Its been a roller coaster season with losing and winning streaks. No consistency.

At this point get a 1st rounder and a young player for Allen, then do it. But he may want to come back next year, which will premit him from doing so.

Build for next year as draft is deep. With 3 first rounders and cap money, Danny will once again build a championship team

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]This is a lost year. The lockout messed every team one way or another. Its been a roller coaster season with losing and winning streaks. No consistency. At this point get a 1st rounder and a young player for Allen, then do it. But he may want to come back next year, which will premit him from doing so. Build for next year as draft is deep. With 3 first rounders and cap money, Danny will once again build a championship team
    Posted by beavis[/QUOTE]

This is definitely a year the Cs cannot win with what they have now.... if Ainge stands pat and doesnt get some pieces for Ray to plan for next year then it would be incredibly stupid imo.....